Bioshock PS3*

But you don't mind waiting longer at all the loading screens? As someone else said, that 10mins install is time you can go and do something else.

The 3-10 seconds that are wasted at each of many loads because you didn't install are completely wasted time spent staring in frustration at a loading screen.

Last I checked there's a shit load of loading screen in MGS4 + the HDD installs.

Last I checked there's a shit load of loading screen in MGS4 + the HDD installs.

Indeed. So imagine what it would have been like had the game been streaming off relatively slow Blu-Ray.

But I wasn't just talking about MGS4. I'm talking about all games in general. Its pretty much a given that install = lower loading times. So the question is do you take all that extra loading time as one big wait before you play the game or do you take it as dozens if not hundreds of smaller waits while your trying to play the game.

Thats a no brainer for me.

Indeed. So imagine what it would have been like had the game been streaming off relatively slow Blu-Ray.

But I wasn't just talking about MGS4. I'm talking about all games in general. Its pretty much a given that install = lower loading times. So the question is do you take all that extra loading time as one big wait before you play the game or do you take it as dozens if not hundreds of smaller waits while your trying to play the game.

Thats a no brainer for me.

You forget Devil May Cry 4.

There are also a lot of area's that feature cutscenes that load instantly that feature tons of environments, audio, and very VERY quick camera switches. Frankly, there are a ton of things that aren't possible without an install. There is much more to it than just load times. Much more.

There's not a lot of value in rehashing the install discussion again... it's here for better or worse on the PS3, so gamers will need to adjust.

I strongly recommend all PS3 owners don't let this one slide. Easily my GOTY 2007, and it's great to see it reaching a new audience.

It's a good rental. I could hardly make it to the end, the middle really got a bit repetitive. It has a lot of good qualities and ambiance though.

I still find the psm quote awkward, does the 360 version really look better? I know it doesn't really matter but that is a different tune from ps3 looking better or equal like every preview has said.

Then again I just got a PC that can run it at max and it really didn't look all that different from the 360/PS3 builds, guess I will compare on Thursday when the demo hits psn but graphical differences seem minimal across the board. I'll probably go PS3, more content and preferred controller.

Personally, I think the reviewer is trying to say that if you don't care about the extra content, you should probably go with the 360 version due to the lower price (cause the visuals are about equal). That's what I think the reviewer means.

Personally, I think the reviewer is trying to say that if you don't care about the extra content, you should probably go with the 360 version due to the lower price (cause the visuals are about equal). That's what I think the reviewer means.

However, PSM3 also admits: "If you're a lucky multi-format owner who favours visuals over some extra puzzle levels, you're probably better off with 360's original. Otherwise, you needn't panic: Rapture shines on every format and plays identically."

There were no mention of price in the quote...

However, it's an awesome game, regardless for the 360, PS3 or PC. It's worth it.

Bioshock demo this Thursday

http://kotaku.com/5056454/bioshock-for-ps3-goes-gold-demo-hits-thursday

According to official word from 2K Games, the PlayStation 3 port of BioShock has "gone gold," with a shiny master disc containing final code of the game probably being transported by aluminum brief case from 2K Marin to the manufacturing plant right now. It's likely handcuffed to a trained courier who has authority to shoot you should you come within ten yards of the golden disc. Seriously, that's how this stuff works.

If you want to get a taste of last year's Xbox 360 super hit, a demo will be hitting the PlayStation Store in North America this Thursday

I guess it's safe to assume it'll be the same area as the 360 demo.

I'll say it again, if you haven't played it before you should get this. :yes:

One of my all time favorite games. Up there with the original Half-Life, Unreal and Deus-Ex as far as FPS's go. Sure, it's essentially linear but lots of fun with options, and just a fantastic atmosphere and story.

Anybody who hasn't played this game should not miss out.

No, they should drop the bloody price. It's a port of a year old game.

In the UK the RRP is £39.99 whereas pretty much all new games have an RRP of £49.99. In reality, online and highstreet prices are usually £10 cheaper than that.

On Amazon.co.uk, BioShock PS3 is £29.98, 360 is £29.99, and PC is £14.98.

PS3 Demo is up ... something like 1.8GB, one of the biggest demos so far.

Played the demo. By the end I realized I was not going to buy it. The game just feels really glitchy to me. Glitchy physics, glitchy graphics, glitchy audio.

I've already played it on PC and felt pretty mediocre on the game overall. I thought surely I was missing something about the experience like missing 5.1 sound in the PC version that caused me not to like it. But it turns out it's just the game itself I am not in love with; it's not the PCs fault.

The only think I liked over the PC version was the controls. The game was just designed to be played with a controller not a KB/Mouse.

I'm surprised that I've heard people claim this game has great audio. I felt it was quite poor. The PC version didn't have 5.1 audio so this is what I was looking forward to the most. But it was quite disappointing. Maybe the PS3 version has different audio system than the 360 game, but I doubt that. I think as a first gen 360 game it got a lot more leeway from reviewers. They threw in a lot of reverb and echo effects that were pretty much new to this generation and people might have reacted to just that. But I felt the sound poorly represented what was going on around me. And just like in the PC version, some sounds would cut out, and occasionally some sounds you knew were supposed to be there would not play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back