Best caribean vaca spot where pot is legal?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
My wife is trying to drag me away for a vacation again, this time I wanna find a spot I can legally light up a joint on a beach...is there anywhere like that?

Jamacia . But its really dangrous. I had a cousin that lived there for a few years. Hmm is jamacia in the caribean ?

It's not legal in Jamaica, at least according to the US government travel information:

link said:
Illegal drug use is prevalent in some tourist areas, leading to numerous American citizen arrests and incarcerations in Jamaica every year. Possession or use of marijuana or other illicit drugs is illegal in Jamaica. American citizens should avoid buying, selling, holding, or taking illegal drugs under any circumstances. There is anecdotal evidence that the use of so-called date rape drugs, such as Ruhypnol, has become more common at clubs and private parties. Marijuana, cocaine, heroin and other illegal narcotics are especially potent in Jamaica, and their use may lead to severe or even disastrous health consequences.

Pot is illegal in Jamaica but tolerated and sold openly, particularly if you are rastafari.
Small quantities are legal in Peru, but not such a touristy place...

My advice is to not be in possession in a foreign country. The US is stupid in it's laws but you're far better protected here...well, Amsterdam notwithstanding.

Excuse me. Indeed Amsterdam is a city in the Netherlands, however, I cannot speak to the tolerance of cannibas outside Amsterdam. I have certainly never encountered a hash/pot bar in any other town in the Netherlands.

Have you?

Excellent. Now if digi will just trade palm trees and tropical temps for mud, bland food, dreary weather and beer in shot glasses, we've got his trip all planned! :)

Argentina's an interesting choice, however, excellent food (so long as you like lots of meat), good exchange rate and a nice climate.

Excuse me. Indeed Amsterdam is a city in the Netherlands, however, I cannot speak to the tolerance of cannibas outside Amsterdam. I have certainly never encountered a hash/pot bar in any other town in the Netherlands.

Have you?

Well Amsterdam is in Holland and as our law states that owning pot is legal (its a bit different, but that is what it boils down to) it would make sense to have pot bars (coffieshops is what we call them) in other places too. And there are. Just about every decent sized city has plenty of them.

Well Amsterdam is in Holland and as our law states that owning pot is legal (its a bit different, but that is what it boils down to) it would make sense to have pot bars (coffieshops is what we call them) in other places too. And there are. Just about every decent sized city has plenty of them.

Other than some towns, particularly in the south, are closing "coffee shops" because the law is actually flexible enough to make it legal or illegal. Whatever the local authority considers best for the populace, no?

Legally it's a giant mess in the Netherlands, but the cops/judges are predictable ... the odds of getting arrested for minor possession are 0, whether you are a tourist or a local. I doubt the same can be said for any Carribean islands.

Other than some towns, particularly in the south, are closing "coffee shops" because the law is actually flexible enough to make it legal or illegal. Whatever the local authority considers best for the populace, no?

The biggest problem in the south is that its very close to the border so we get a lot of drug tourists from countries like Germany and France. The problem with that is that the Dutch people are mostly relaxed when they go out for a smoke and stuff but those shithead germans and french cause trouble making local authorities trying to close the coffee shops.

The biggest problem in the south is that its very close to the border so we get a lot of drug tourists from countries like Germany and France. The problem with that is that the Dutch people are mostly relaxed when they go out for a smoke and stuff but those shithead germans and french cause trouble making local authorities trying to close the coffee shops.

Do they just get rowdy or something? Are the Belgians better mannered or something (curiosity).

Someone is working to make your dream come true digi. Upmarket vacationing is a form of hedonism to start with, it's strange that no one has tried this sort of thing yet ... I think there is a huge market there.

In the mean time the only solution seems to be to go somewhere where it's decriminalized and find a secluded beach ... I don't think the Caribbean fits the bill ... how about Tasmania?

Lol, how many jobs can you really create by legally selling weed to tourists? It'll just increase competition and lower profit margins thereby making the profession less attractive to begin with.

The job angle is silly, but legalized cannabis seems to me a distinct competetive advantage for a country dependent on tourism.

Dont know about the Belgians actually. You never hear anything about them. Mostly Germans. Maybe the Belgians dont really care for pot.

Some Belgians go to Amsterdam to get pot but most Belgians I know are into beer, not weed. The people from the flemish area are very different from the ones in south, but you find all sorts of people in both sides, nice ones and jerks.

Back