Best big screen tv from Best Buy right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
pascal said:
I vote for Panny too ;)
See this 37" outstanding image quality plasma: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat31800050024&id=1110265592409
Great blacks, High Definition. One of the darlings of the AVSforum.
Well the fates seem to be agreeing with you as the Magnavox ain't anywhere to be found within a 50 mile radius so far.

(But my wife is still hunting and thinking I'll be wanting to spend all tomorrow driving around for it... :rolleyes: )

Dumb question on screen size, do they still measure it kitty-corner for HDTVs or is it just across now?

digitalwanderer said:
Well the fates seem to be agreeing with you as the Magnavox ain't anywhere to be found within a 50 mile radius so far.

(But my wife is still hunting and thinking I'll be wanting to spend all tomorrow driving around for it... :rolleyes: )

Dumb question on screen size, do they still measure it kitty-corner for HDTVs or is it just across now?

Measure is diagonal.

Correction after my wife checked this thread, she wants it done TONIGHT since they're open until 11pm.

On the double-bummer side it'll have to be her who goes to get it, the person who's name is on the card has to be the person to pick it up.

No clue what is going on, this is all a bit of a surprise to me. My wife and Blue are making clicky noises behind me, she'll inform me when we've arrived at a decision. :rolleyes:

Done, she found it all including the Magnavox over in Niles, IL. :)

The order is placed, she's printing out maps and telling me to go warm up the Pathfinder and put the backseats flat. :LOL:

Thank you all sincerly for all your help, it was a big assist and a tremendous comfort to me. Much appreciated.

mreman4k said:
How does it look? Or maybe yall are still driving back from the store..:p
Heh, they haven't even filled the order yet. We won't be getting it 'til tomorrow, unless my wife gets up and cancels it.

(About a 50/50 chance, such is my life. :) )

digitalwanderer said:
Heh, they haven't even filled the order yet. We won't be getting it 'til tomorrow, unless my wife gets up and cancels it.

(About a 50/50 chance, such is my life. :) )

Congrats!

And when you transport it, PLEASE don't set the box on its side/back/front. It should be transported with the screen in the same position you'd watch it in.

<sigh>

I'm on hold for BB customer service to cancel it. We ain't got the time tomorrow to go pick it up so it's a moot xmas point. :(

Thanks anyways, it was a happy thought.

<double-sigh>

After a smart-assed remark from my wife I found the only big screen tv that suits all her requirements and we could pick up tomorrow from our local BB.

$1,999.99 Magnavox 50" Widescreen DLP Projection HDTV with HDMI and PC Inputs

Back to start again, does this one suck? :rolleyes:

EDITED BITS: Spoke a bit too soon, I found this $2,499.99 JVC 52" Widescreen Digital-Cable-Ready Rear-Projection HDTV with HDMI Input - Black in Cal City we could grab...but I've never heard of "D-ILA microdisplay technology" :???:

It's too late, I must sleep.

EDITED BITS II: Found one more, might as well give the wife something to think about over coffee. ;)

$1,999.99 Samsung 42" Widescreen Digital-Cable-Ready DLP Rear-Projection HDTV with HDMI Input - Silver

digitalwanderer said:
"We decided" against it right now, "we decided" to wait until after the holidays.

:(

Best thing you could have done. You went from picking one you like to try to get what they had. Bad choice as you usally end up with something you would not have wanted in the frist place. I too wanted an new flat screen HDTV before xmas...but trying to wait till first of the year... I feel your pain!

jb said:
Best thing you could have done. You went from picking one you like to try to get what they had. Bad choice as you usally end up with something you would not have wanted in the frist place. I too wanted an new flat screen HDTV before xmas...but trying to wait till first of the year... I feel your pain!
Funny thing? I was against it originally and she spent a good deal of last night convincing me it was a good thing to do.

Women. Can't live with 'em, can't kick 'em out by the curb when you're threw with 'em. :rolleyes:

;)

Back