Batman: Arkham City [MultiPlatform]

:LOL: I can't wait to see it turn out to be Batman twirling like a ballerina with his arms and one leg sticking out.

25 enemies at a time with 3 enemy counters? I hope there's a much bigger variety of moves. This is going to be awesome.

That reminds me.. I need to check out those challenges again from the first game. I mainly only did the stealth-action ones since I could never quite get super combos. I hope that's something they were tracking from the first game - # of people who actually got high combos, # of people who played X-challenge...

Always felt they should have alternate costume selection for replayability, especially since they are borrowing from a number of comic iterations and not just one.

That reminds me.. I need to check out those challenges again from the first game. I mainly only did the stealth-action ones since I could never quite get super combos. I hope that's something they were tracking from the first game - # of people who actually got high combos, # of people who played X-challenge...

Always felt they should have alternate costume selection for replayability, especially since they are borrowing from a number of comic iterations and not just one.

I am the exact opposite. The combat challenge is easy to do so but the predator challenges are too much for me. Now the combat challenge in the DLC called the Insane Night Map pack is a tough nut to crack!!!!

I did notice the footage was shitty as well but knowing that its coming out on PC and it will look a gazillion times better than that and Batman has new moves gets me all excited!

I can't wait for this one. The first one was a huge surprise for me. This one is high on my list of games for the year.

Yeah the AA was/is awesome (still have to finish it!).but I'm getting tired of shittty game trailers done on consoles even though the game is also PC bound. Same for shitty in-game FMV cinematics (in Batman: AA and Mass Effect...) that are obviously recorded console footage and look like shit compared to the actual game (when playd on a PC).

Yeah the AA was/is awesome (still have to finish it!).but I'm getting tired of shittty game trailers done on consoles even though the game is also PC bound. Same for shitty in-game FMV cinematics (in Batman: AA and Mass Effect...) that are obviously recorded console footage and look like shit compared to the actual game (when playd on a PC).

Goes both ways. Most often you see PC footage of a game trailer and people go 'pff PC version console versions will suck in comparison anyways'. Now that they finally show console version in the trailer people want to be deceived by PC footage.. lol

Goes both ways. Most often you see PC footage of a game trailer and people go 'pff PC version console versions will suck in comparison anyways'. Now that they finally show console version in the trailer people want to be deceived by PC footage.. lol

That's a bit OT for here: But it has been the other way around for a while now (Console footage in most trailers). I think that it has started something like 3 years ago. Evey frigin multi-platform game released has its X360 version used for the promo trailers. But like I said that's not the worst. The thing that's totally unaceptable is the use of console footage within the game for the FMV cinematics (Mass Effect 1/2, Batman: AA).

I really dislike their art style, too garish and over the top and Batman looks stupid (he's Batman, not Marcus Fenix!), I would prefer something in the style of Batman: The Animated Series, they would also be able to push more stuff on screen given the stylised, cell shaded look.

And, unfortunately I don't think we'll see game based on the Christopher Nolan film series, which is far and away the best realisation of the Batman franchise - it would have to be by a really talented AAA dev though otherwise it'll prob just end up half assed.

Anybody see the new trailer?

I'm in love. LOL :)

Will be interesting to see if Chris Nolan's Catwoman is any better. Looks like he might have his cut out for him.

Tommy McClain

AzBat said:
Anybody see the new trailer?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dXo3MNuJIw">YouTube Link</a>

I'm in love. LOL :)

Will be interesting to see if Chris Nolan's Catwoman is any better. Looks like he might have his cut out for him.

Tommy McClain

Who's that based on? Lisa Stansfield?

This game is still not for me.

Back