Batman: Arkham City [MultiPlatform]

AzBat said:
Anybody see the new trailer?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dXo3MNuJIw">YouTube Link</a>

I'm in love. LOL :)

Will be interesting to see if Chris Nolan's Catwoman is any better. Looks like he might have his cut out for him.

Tommy McClain

Who's that based on? Lisa Stansfield?

This game is still not for me. ;)

Game is coming out Tuesday. Anybody getting it on launch? I messed around & didn't get it pre-ordered, but may try over the weekend. Evidently they are still foing the stupid store specific pre-order content. But at least it's not console specific. Eventually all the pre-order content will be available for sale. I'm considering the Robin pre-order content at Best Buy. Also, in order to play the single-player Catwoman missions you will need the Online Pass code that comes with all new copies. If you get it used or rent it, you'll have to pay $10 for it. Hate you EA for starting that shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_City#Release

Tommy McClain

Played the 360 version on a friend for about an hour and the game looks great...cinematics are top-notch, the combat's flow is even better than AA's and the characters and environments are filled with detail - gliding also works amazingly well.

Graphics also are really impressive with some slight pop in here and there when gliding (though the game was not installed), frame-rate is smooth with little tearing and the IQ is really good though from what I could tell there was no AA (as Al correctly stated some time ago) - really impressive stuff for an UE3 game if you consider the scale of the city.

Can't wait for my CE to arrive. :p

Amazing reviews! Got my free game voucher for buying an nvidia card. I get an amazing game for free and play it on the PC. Double win!

I dunno what it is, but for some reason I don't feel like picking this up until the price goes down. :s

I dunno what it is, but for some reason I don't feel like picking this up until the price goes down. :s

I have exactly the same feeling. I tried Batman : AA after all the hoopla died and it could not get me hooked. It was aver polished hand-held ride !The game made you think you were doing something special, when you were actually just following instructions all the time. No fun, only chore......but with a very well polished atmosphere ! I can understand people loving it. If I had played it when it came out new, I might have loved it too. But I purposely play games after their hype has died down these days to see if they actually can stand up on their own gameplay.

Arkham Asylum could not.
I could be wrong as i played only an hour or so, but it could not make me continue onwards.

Looks like Infamous with Batman. The visuals look pretty stunning for a large, openish-world, cross-platform title.

Rock Steady sure are under appreciated for what they have done with Batman AA probably because ND stole most of their steam with UC2 couple of years ago. But from what I've seen so far Batman AC is turning out really fantastic looking, I always loved its dark gritty universe with witty villains and sexy female antagonists.

The subject may polarise people and lose interest too. If you're not a big fan Batman, there's a good chance you won't even look at this game. I know it's flown completely under my radar, but a casual watch of a GT vid was pretty stunning. The variety in the city was great (considering my most recent experience with a city game was Infamous 1!). I look forward to the DF analysis to what they're pulling off.

Rock Steady sure are under appreciated for what they have done with Batman AA probably because ND stole most of their steam with UC2 couple of years ago. But from what I've seen so far Batman AC is turning out really fantastic looking, I always loved its dark gritty universe with witty villains and sexy female antagonists.

:???: Not sure what did you talking about... Batman AA is recognized universally how one of the best surprise of this generation ...

Back