B3D News Item: Challenge: Find Differences between Crysis 2 Console SKUs

They got clear differences.

In this pic PS3 got distant DOF that is absent for 360 version. It also got sun glare effect present in PC.
http://www.videogameszone.de/Crysis...d-PC-Version-816252/galerie/1501685/?fullsize

In this pic the scope lens got effect in PS3 version not present in 360.
http://www.videogameszone.de/Crysis...d-PC-Version-816252/galerie/1501690/?fullsize
I have noticed too some geometric details is rearrangend on the 360... (some palace in the background seem cut, some different texture on the palace etc etc) very curious... probably for that initially Crytek declared ps3 how 'better' version in some statement? It seem the only logic...

I have that funky feeling that PS3 and PC demos are latest/retail build while 360 one are older.There is no point in having different buildings in each version.Light at that indoor scene also looks stronger on PS3/PC.

yeah some parts the PS3 version looks closer to the PC version than the 360.

Yeah, it's odd how the 360 version almost looks a bit washed out compared to the PS3 version, almost like there is an extra blur filter or something.

Looked good both ways IMO, I really can't wait to play the campaign. Playing Crysis 1 this week and have to beat it before Crysis 2 hits. That's where I expect to be impressed with this game, not so much with the MP.

I have noticed too some geometric details is rearrangend on the 360... (some palace in the background seem cut, some different texture on the palace etc etc) very curious... probably for that initially Crytek declared ps3 how 'better' version in some statement? It seem the only logic...
I would say only logical explanation is that PC and PS3 builds are newer.

Reading 'PS3 version looks closer to the PC version' comments, I can't help but why the most resenblence with the PC version is a way to determine the visual quality. The PC version is basically the PS3 version maxed out, in other words: the PS3 with maxed out AA, AF, lighting (you know what I mean). From the comparison shots, I prefer the 360 version the most. Therefor I would have liked it much more if the PC version looked more like the 360 version. Knah'mean?

Just a reminder that we should keep our observations to the material. Preferences get too muddy with folks disagreeing ...

Well, Nathan Caramillo seems more like a layperson...and as such may not notice any huge differences.

Though, I havent played the ps3 version myself.

He should put a cash prize on that challenge. B3D forum users could use the cash to buy some new graphics cards or something.

Looking at that comparison, I agree the PS3 version looks more like the PC version, but compared to the 360 version it looks underwhelming.
Therefore I would have liked it much more if the PC version looked more like the 360 version. Knah'mean?

You obviously prefer high contrasts with tons of black crush and white clipping.
There is good news for you: If you pick a really low gamma in your monitor settings / graphics card driver / game settings you can make the PC and PS3 versions look just like that.

Nah, it should at least run Crysis 2 well.

/runs

Aah correction a 20k nasa pc as price confirmed.
This should be good enough.
clusterc.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/clusterc.jpg/
clusterc.jpg

That's actually lame, even our render farm looks way better. Very bad space efficiency there.

I can already see headlines of some "fanboy" sites "B3D guru Al Strong that found out about MS hiring guys for next gen consoles strikes again,this time on Crytek":cool:

If you are lucky enough you could get some space on IGN since they are the once that this was intended to.I advise you to get your own PR team :mrgreen:

Back