Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I mean hell, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is already by definition cross gen because it supports PC and thus has to scale down below current gen consoles. :p

Regards,
SB

Doesn't it require RT and therefore a DX12U feature set? If so then I'd say it's "current gen only" even in the PC space as the weakest DX12U level PC GPU's are still around the same performance ballpark as the Series S.

Doesn't it require RT and therefore a DX12U feature set? If so then I'd say it's "current gen only" even in the PC space as the weakest DX12U level PC GPU's are still around the same performance ballpark as the Series S.

If following his flawed view then we’d technically never leave ’cross-gen’ as consoles are always going to be generations of gpu’s behind. The XSS also is abit weird to a degree with that kind of view.

It's possible but we don't know if the PC version will require RT. Considering that it was being developed for Google Stadia (which did not support RT) then it's safe to assume that the title probably doesn't require RT.

Regards,
SB

It's possible but we don't know if the PC version will require RT. Considering that it was being developed for Google Stadia (which did not support RT) then it's safe to assume that the title probably doesn't require RT.

Regards,
SB
It does.

Uses Software RT on older cards, HW-RT for much better performance.

It does.

Uses Software RT on older cards, HW-RT for much better performance.

Exactly, it doesn't require RT hardware, guess I should have made sure to put that in there since my assumption that people would understand that was implicit considering that we've had software RT based techniques in games for years and years now. :p

Regards,
SB

The game release in 6 months and it will look better on PC. If you are afraid of visible downgrade Star Wars Outlaw is a better candidate.

Ubi have had many releases over the years that have failed to live up to the trailers in terms of visuals.

Watch Dogs being the most known of the Ubi downgrades.

Ubi have had many releases over the years that have failed to live up to the trailers in terms of visuals.

Watch Dogs being the most known of the Ubi downgrades.

Ubi Soft never release trailer not looking like the game 6 months before release. Watchdog first trailer was a downgrade but it was visible the next E3. And no console trailer were downgraded. I was not confident about Avatar before seeing it running on consoles. Basically wait Ubi soft console version trailer and it will be representative of the final game and it will run with better settings on PC.

E3 2012

E3 2013

Same for The division

Interesting that people love foliage and grass and trees and automatically are wow'd by it. That's an environment and one that focuses on art direction. The game looks pretty for it's environments but I prefer the near photoreal self-shadowing environments of games like Starfield or CP2077 OD. I like the photogrammetry environments.

Ubi Soft never release trailer not looking like the game 6 months before release. Watchdog first trailer was a downgrade but it was visible the next E3. And no console trailer were downgraded. I was not confident about Avatar before seeing it running on consoles. Basically wait Ubi soft console version trailer and it will be representative of the final game and it will run with better settings on PC.

E3 2012

E3 2013

Same for The division
The division did not look like its reveal trailer.

Back