Arcade sticks

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
I used to be big into fighters back in the day but have since fallen out of it. I think I hit my peak with my saturn. My friends and I used to play vf2 all day long. We had the saturn arcade sticks and when the dreamcast came out we used them for vf3 , marvel vs capcom and power stone. But with sf4 , sf2 hd and the other fighters on the 360 i want to get back into it.

I noticed that madcats has new controllers coming out for sf4 that fixes the d pad issue on the 360.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383351&pf_rd_i=507846

but they also have two new fight sticks coming out. I was wondering what everyones opinons were. I haven't really played in a long time and don't know if its worth investing $150 in the higher end stick that apparently has all sanwa sticks or the cheaper $70 one that is upgradable. OR just stick with the controller

I'm curious as to what this "d pad issue" is that I keep hearing about.

It's possible that I simply don't play the games that use the d-pad, because actually... I rarely use it at all.

But I've read repeatedly that there's some sort of issue, and that certain controllers "fix" the issue, etc.. (buy the new RED controller only available in Japan! It fixes the D pad issue!) but I've never had any issues with it....

What's wrong with the D pad on the 360 controllers?

I bought a Hori Soul Calibur IV stick for the PS3 this year. I'm pretty sure it's available for the 360 as well (with various design choices). I'm quite pleased with it: the stick is really quick, precise and responsive, andI don't really see the need to upgrade the buttons either. Good deal for €50.

I have just recently got the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 and upgraded the buttons from the stock hori parts to Sanwa's. Im much more pleased with it after upgrading the buttons it just feels a lot more responsive, its hard to notice at first but once you get used to the feeling of them you wont want to go back.

Its hard to reccomend what to get it really depends on how much you want to spend. I do know that if you did want to upgrade the buttons on the cheaper stick its not as straightforward as the HRAP3 (which uses wires and quik-disconnects) as the buttons are soldered directly onto PCBs.

Looking at shoryuken forums the more expensive SFIV stick is the best arcade stick money can buy (suprising considering its made buy madcatz) so if you did go for that you know youll be getting the best of the best and there wont be a urge to upgrade in the future as its not an option :D

Back