Official console hardware deals thread - where to get stuff cheap

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Gradthrawn, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Gradthrawn

Veteran

Mod : This thread is now designated the official deals thread. If you've found an offer you think the rest of the console board would like to make use of, please post it here. Content is limited to deals on hardware (systems and peripherals) and discussion of who can use the deal such as whether a company ships internationally or not. Please stick to big deals and special offers with HUGE savings!!! Only while stocks last! Hurry now to avoid disappointment! eg. When Amazon have their polls for a super-cheap console. Lots of 'this place is generally a bit cheaper than the rest' is no use. We can use online pricecheckers or just shop around for best deals.

I thought I would share this Amazon Videogame Deal of the Day in case anyone is interested. They have the US 80GB PS3 for $349. That's $50 off, with free shipping and no tax. Its Region A BDs and Region 1 DVDs for anyone thinking of importing.

EDIT

If this thread is inappropriate, I do apologize. But I thought it was a good enough deal to post.

#1 Gradthrawn, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  2. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

It's a good deal!, but Amazon.com doesn't ship that product or any other console for that matter to outside of US.

3. Gradthrawn

Veteran

Didn't know that. Their JP site will ship international, I was kind of assuming their US site would export items too. Oh well, I guess a local friend will be needed to import then. :razz:

4. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

Are you sure about that? I mean Amazon.com does ship lot's of products international too, but game consoles are not among those products.

5. Gradthrawn

Veteran

Oh, I see. I didn't read your post closely enough. You're referring specifically to game consoles, I was thinking items in general. Didn't think they'd make a distinction. So, no, I'm not sure at all in regards to consoles. :lol:

6. patsu

Legend

Some people have virtual post service. Amazon ship to their subscribed US address, and a middleman reroute it to their native countries.

7. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

In general they don't ship gadgets, but do ship books, movies and music. They do ship some gadgets, like the Suunto wrist computer for example, but Amazon.com is kind of lame that they don't even ship games outside of US.

8. tuna

Veteran

amazon.jp don't ship games outside Japan....I wanted the Yakuza 3 preorder edition but couldn't get it....

9. RudeCurve

Banned

Target is selling the X360 Pro with a free $50 gift card. Sale ends on the 31.

10. patsu

Legend

... and also Buy 2 PS3 games and get 1 free.

11. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Not exactly hardware, but there is a Best Buy deal for 13 month Xbox Live Gold subscription cards this week (U.S. Only, but cards do work in Canada) @ $29.99 USD. It is also available online.

12. Tap In

Legend

sweet!

thanks... perfect timing...sold out online but I have store 2 miles away. :smile:

13. joker454

Veteran

www.Dealsea.com is great, I've been checking it for ages. I've always played $30 a year for XBLive thanks to deals there, likewise all my Microsoft points have been bought 1 to 1 again thanks to deals there. So deals like 1600 MS points for $16, etc. Currently listed there:

Sony Playstation 3 80GB $340, Feb 01

Dell Home is offering Sony Playstation 3 80GB for $400 - 15% off coupon code 8MN5GN7LGLL2WD = $340 with free shipping.

14. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Dang, a 4870 1 Gb for 160 off there. Oops not console related, but dang...

Regards,
    SB

15. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

16. Sonic

Sonic Senior Member
    Veteran

My older bro picked up a 360 with a 20% discount at a local Circuit City in Delaware. I'm not sure if they have that deal country wide but since they are liquidating I'd think it might be going nationwide. It might be good place to pick up a Wii, 360, or PS3 for a discounted price if they still have any in stock. My bro said htey had about 20 - 30 at his Circuit City.

17. Carl B

Carl B Friends call me xbd
    Moderator Legend

Dell is giving just a straight-up 20% off on any and all console hardware right now (PS3, 360, PS2, PSP) with the following coupon code: 138BFW5PN676V2

18. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Damn, Dell sold out of the 60 gig X360 FAST. Was there last night, told my friend about it today and all gone. Was thinking of picking up another for myself in hopes it was the new jasper.

Regards,
    SB

19. joker454

Veteran

Looks like Carl's post already covered it...but here's the link anyways:

http://www.dealsea.com/exec/j/4/?pid=29540&lno=1&afsrc=1

Sony Playstation 3 160GB with Uncharted for $399, Feb 05

Dell Home has Sony Playstation 3 160GB with Uncharted for $500 - 20% off coupon code 138BFW5PN676V2 = $400 with free shipping.

20. Carl B

Carl B Friends call me xbd
    Moderator Legend

Who wants consoles?

Dell's doing their thing again... the coupon code this time: PLDWH47D$6BT2J