Any word on third-party demos at Playstation Store?

wco81

Legend
Obviously Sony is paying for the Playstation Store infrastructure.

So how do we get demos from third parties?

Any word on such offerings?

Would be nice to see Blu-Ray trailers from studios other than Sony too.

BTW, why not put up Spiderman 3 trailer up there? Sure it's a long way off from theatrical release and even longer from Blu-Ray release. But show the Full HD or whatever label they use on those 1080p trailers.

Sony really needs to get Apple to allow Quicktime videos to be played on the PS3. Then we would have lots of trailers to watch.

I think there is a RR7 demo on the Japanese PS Store and there is a Resistance demo. Both of those are 3rd party

I 110% agree with that. Other than Resistance(I guess you could say 3rd party, I always thought of them as "2nd" party) and Ridge Racer 7 (on japanese store), theres pretty much no 3rd party demos. Theres obviously some 3rd party DLC content coming soon, but so far no 3rd party demos. 3rd party movie trailers would be welcome also (300 1080p trailer = drool :LOL:).

I wouldn't really call Resistance a third party title... it's published by Sony, so it may as well be first party as far their intention to advertise it goes.

I'll have to try making an HK account tonight... I kinda want to try RR7.

I wouldn't really call Resistance a third party title... it's published by Sony, so it may as well be first party as far their intention to advertise it goes.
I wouldnt call them 3rd party either. In many respects Insomniac is independent and a private owned company. For the most part, Insomniac creates their own games rather than Sony telling them what to do. Sony provides marketing, publishing(IIRC they own IP rights due to this), and Q/A testing for them. Due to their very close relation and I doubt you will ever see an Insomniac game on another platform. Kind of a mix between the usual 1st and 3rd party.

Couple devs from Insomniac talk about their relationship with Sony in this podcast
http://www.allgames.com/radio.asp?show=agi&ep=209
*unfortunately, I'm not sure the exact time it's mentioned though.

Back