Anand has the details about r520,rv530,rv515

Chalnoth said:
Yeah, and their shot of the XT looks like an unecessary 3-slot monster.

There's a Theater 550 Pro in the 3rd slot, right underneath. It's 2-slot.

Chalnoth said:
Yeah, and their shot of the XT looks like an unecessary 3-slot monster.

The XT looks like a 2 slot monster to me. Note that there is a free slot between the XT and that card below it.
It doesn't look like there is much space left though.

trinibwoy said:
I didn't get it - his wording to me indicated that I should be unhappy. Guess I missed his meaning :oops:

Yep...you missed my point. You shouldn't be unhappy with your purchase, in fact you should haver known it would drop, and, as you said, you've gotten the benifit of having the best for a few month now. If CompUSA would have goten them in, I'd have one right now too......;)

Jawed and DW are right....and it looks like HB is the one smoking...... something! Although, knowning DW as I do, there's just something wrong with that statement.....;)

martrox said:
Yep...you missed my point. You shouldn't be unhappy with your purchase, in fact you should haver known it would drop, and, as you said, you've gotten the benifit of having the best for a few month now. If CompUSA would have goten them in, I'd have one right now too......;)

Well it didn't drop much in over two months - the Evga GTX + BF2 that I got is only $12 less than I paid for mine. I timed it perfectly IMHO. :)

martrox said:
Jawed and DW are right....and it looks like HB is the one smoking...... something! Although, knowing DW as I do, there's just something wrong with that statement.....;)
Ah, but I don't smoke crack. Heck, I don't even smoke tobacco anymore....just MaryJ.

Rys is a cranking with the good reads today, my thanks to ya friend. :)

Presumably that XT is the same "XT" that was used to demo D.264 decoding CPU utilisation back earlier in the year (GDC or E3, forget now).

So that would make it a "slow" Rev02 XT.

Jawed

So there's confirmation of at least 5 revisions of R520 here. So does that imply:

1. December 2004
  2. February 2005
  3. April
  4. July
  5. September
:?:

Jawed

Anyone else notice the header at the top of the Hexus Avivo article?

This technology discussion is based in large part on a whitepaper and presentation PDF supplied by ATI themselves, on their own technology. Accompanying hardware that provides the latter stages of an Avivo implementation wasn't used to verify the claims made. While HEXUS have witnessed pre-release Avivo-equipped display adaptors fully working and displaying video, that demonstration is certainly not enough to make a final judgement on the technology talked about in this article.

We await Avivo-equipped products to verify what's presented in the following pages. Please bear that in mind when reading about the technology ATI are presenting today.

I :love: Rys. Even if that's normal.

I'm a bit concerned about the XT cooling, though. It's scary-looking.

CMAN said:
And no clockspeeds on their shot of the Catalyst CP. Boo!

The clocks weren't representative of a retail product (on purpose), and if we showed them you can guarantee that some people would take the clocks and run with them, leaving the explanation behind.

Chatter on pics is cool, chatter on pointless clocks less so.

Yeah, I did notice that and thought it was a good/cool thing too.

This is all just on paper still until the card is actually released, it's good to remind people about that.

Rys said:
The clocks weren't representative of a retail product (on purpose), and if we showed them you can guarantee that some people would take the clocks and run with them, leaving the explanation behind.

Chatter on pics is cool, chatter on pointless clocks less so.

Thanks for that Rys, totally agree.

The Baron said:
Anyone else notice the header at the top of the Hexus Avivo article?

Yeah, I'd love to see similar wording become industry-standard in similar situations. Informative without being judgmental. Good stuff. :D

digitalwanderer said:
Ah, but I don't smoke crack. Heck, I don't even smoke tobacco anymore....just MaryJ.
I said smoking ....something. I'd never accuse anyone of smoking crack, even in jest. If you've ever delt with anyone with that habit, you'd never kid about it.Copping a buzz is one thing....killing yourself is totally another.......

geo said:
Time for glasses, Russ. :LOL: The right side of the screenie is signficantly less blocky and banded. The line separating them is just slightly to the right (our right) of the part in her hair.

I dunno. On my 20" Dell LCD, the screen is so small I'm not seeing any real differences. The other demonstrations were a lot easier to see.

RussSchultz said:
I dunno. On my 20" Dell LCD, the screen is so small I'm not seeing any real differences. The other demonstrations were a lot easier to see.

Don't worry, you don't need glasses. The demonstration with the woman on the phone is very bad and lacks dramatic differences. The same can be said for the skyline demo which just ends up looking pixelated at that resolution. Just look at the pretty flowers instead :D

Back