AMD RDNA3 Specifications Discussion Thread

Since (for reasons unknown to mankind) I can't reply to 7900 reviews thread anymore I'll just do it here.

I dunno why people are looking at 4090 or G80 examples when there was AMD's own very recent example of going from Navi 10 to Navi 21, on the same process no less, delivering more or less +100% of performance and a heap of additional features to boot. 4090 is neither the biggest gain over previous gen nor is it something special.

Navi 21 was not successor of Navi 10. Your comparison is totally skewed. Navi 21 was MUCH bigger and MUCH more expensive chip which had over TWICE the area and much more than twice the mfg cost.

Navi 22 was the successor of Navi 10.

Are Navi 32 and Navi 33 expected to be announced at CES this week with launch presumably later in calendar Q1?

Couldn't you just test this out with a third-party cooling solution? I guess it's great for clicks and exposure.

The usual suspects have already released water blocks.

7600M XT is +26% faster than the 3060 6GB. That doesn't seem like it'll hold up well vs prospective Ada competition?

Updated with direct link

Last edited:
Looks good for laptop clocks (2.3/2.5ghz)

20% higher performance(? scaling ?) on desktop version might be 3060 ti/3070 performance (variation from game to game). Depending on price it could be a good deal, $349 seems like a real sweetspot.

The real question, of course, is drivers.

Is AMD BSing us like they did with N31 by assuming the drivers will be up to snuff by the time the parts launch? Or have they learned their lesson and are now being more conservative and/or only communicating what they for sure know they can achieve?

After the N31 fiasco, it's hard to not look at these slides with error bars going in both directions.

Geez, another big typo on some slides...
They had the CU count labeled as the FP32 TFlops number, 32Tflops and 28TFlops, had me really confused that we were seeing N33 at 4ghz at ~100w.

Back