AMD RDNA3 Specifications Discussion Thread

That Fortnite 45 fps on a 4080 would be 4k native, no?
Yes:

g26_o.png

It is also with h/w Lumen.

@JoeJ But land of nanite was 30 fps and upsampled to 4k, no?
It came with the promise 'Will run with 60 fps', which it might do in the meantime.

But it's irrelevant anyway. People see the video, and after that they want games looking like that. Immediatly.
They don't get a game, but announcements of this or that UE5 project. I follow them and observe performance.
My conclusion is it's a 30fps engine even on high end PC. (Matrix was 20fps on my 10tf GPU, RE4 Remake has high min specs but is 30fps, various content show offs / indie stuff on YT all below 60)

Thus - as a consumer - i'm disappointed.
It's about consumer feedback. If you react with self defense, you kind of miss the point (even if i'm wrong).
The gaming industry as a whole spends to much on announcements, building up hype and promises.
Currently, games get much more converage before the release than after that. Once the game is released, nobody talks about it anymore at all. It should be the other way around, no?
It's all broken. To sum it up: 'Preorder the disappointment' seems the dominating idea, and that now in a world of unaffordable HW on top.

Well, the SW charts looks acceptable. But that's all high end GPUs, no mid range or entry level, in a game with prev gen content.
So my 30 fps impression remains upright.

Still, i didn't intend to spoil the thread with ot UE5 critique, so i'll stop my whining here.

Since (for reasons unknown to mankind) I can't reply to 7900 reviews thread anymore I'll just do it here.

I disagree with him saying the 4090 is the biggest generational leap we have ever seen.

G80 had a much larger performance jump and shook up the whole PC gaming space, as did G92 (Plus others)
I dunno why people are looking at 4090 or G80 examples when there was AMD's own very recent example of going from Navi 10 to Navi 21, on the same process no less, delivering more or less +100% of performance and a heap of additional features to boot. 4090 is neither the biggest gain over previous gen nor is it something special.

I'm curious to see if they end up producing a HPC card that has HBM stacked onto the MCDs and with the GCDs Z-height set to match the level of the memory stacks to enable more efficient cooling.

yea.
A0 isn't always an ES but this thing basically is at this point.
I was right? I sort of get it? w0000000000000000000000000000000t!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I'll take that as a win for now, I'm in need of one. Thanks. Does this also mean that there could be A1 7900XT/XTX cards coming at a later date or do you think they'll call them 7950?

Back