AMD: RDNA 3 Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD may deem other areas more important.
Oh no, they acutely know their competitive positioning.
Raw PPA goes first undeniably (the thing will power the highest volume client AMD APU ever made), but FF advancements go hand-in-hand with the rest, too, see OREO.

Oh no, they acutely know their competitive positioning.
Raw PPA goes first undeniably (the thing will power the highest volume client AMD APU ever made), but FF advancements go hand-in-hand with the rest, too, see OREO.
So Phoenix (Point) will have way better availability than Rembrandt? I hope so, because I am kinda interested in It.

Both availability and design count, particularly for commercial!
Those little unbelieving shits got finally converted.

And yes, it's a great, great part.
Best AMD APU ever made.
Every single new gen APU since Renoir has been "the greatest APU" - Renoir, Cezanne, and even Rembrandt are super competitive. Yet the availability of those gens has been horrible.

AMD's January release is cool and all but can you actually buy it in a sensible notebook? Nope

Are people believing the N33 specs? A 200mm^2 6nm die with 4096 cores and 128bit with 32mb IF cache and yet AMD is using the 5nm process to produce a 200mm^2 7680 core chiplet?! That doesnt make any sense.

And the target is 6900XT level?
As close as they can get there at 1080p (or 1440p, it might handle that), yea.
If you dont know the details, how do you know this guy's information is correct?
Because he just knows, he's from my discord server and his track record is impeccable there.
(Oh and I'm pretty sure I've accidentally asked him to write that article. Teehee.)

Last edited:
3hqmq7w3.jpg

(from the RV770 era) :mrgreen:

While 4870/4850 were good designs, AMD would've been even better off with a bigger chip that would have give them the top-dog status for couple of years. Having the fastest cards during the 48-58 series would've gained them a lot of mindshare.

So hopefully the earlier rumors about two GCDs ultimately pan out, because while these small dies look great, they'd still end up second-best like Vega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back