• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The new FirePRO cards all have DP support from the get -go. Isn't too far to speculate that evergreens will have it too.

RV770 doesn't have fixed DP hardware like GT200, it gets "emulated" and runs at a higher speed comparatively but "non-standard" according to some.

Maybe they have prioritized the issue and you just don't agree with their priority. Honestly, in the PC space, if a TV is advertising 24 Hz, that's probably what you are going to get. Maybe the problem lies not in their drivers but in your TV?

Errm...no. 24Hz is one of the supported modes. All DX9 titles as well as all other DX10 titles work fine. It is a Crysis issue with ATI cards. One of the two must fix it. Noone does! Nvidia had the same problem but they fix it. So the work falls to ATI.

Thankfully, fiddling arround with the DTV settings and HDTV support the 24hz went away but i still have underscan and definitely not 60hz but at least it's not 24hz anymore.

Anyway we digress and the guys here have a much more interesting conversation!

I shouldn't mention it at all, but it came out as a complain you know. I paid 450 euros for this card on launch day. All in all i am more happy with it than not but things could be better. I just hope there will be some kind of fix with Win7 and Evergreen series. Maybe even a Crysis DX11 patch from Yerli's side? Who knows!

TechPowerUp has some more sneak-peak shoots of Evergreen card demoed at QuakeCon2009

Head over to this post ...

It looks nice :smile:
Red PCB and Black radiator :cool:

PS. One shot is focused at air exhaust and it looks like radiator itself is small and aluminum!

IMHO, you forgot that you need a lot of Die-area to handle all the fixed units which don't change between GPUs so much.
See the spreadsheet:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1316031&postcount=1252

I have updated the spreadsheet since I originally posted it, so see worksheet "JA02". Note the comment attached to RV740's L2 unit count.

As you can see I have ~9mm² I can't account for in RV740.

If you have any ideas or want to make more precise measurements of units on RV770 - instead of that generic "control, setup, interpolation, tessellation etc" - then feel free! It's worth noting that I included some of the "shiny" border between blocks when measuring the sizes of various units. These shiny areas seem to be just metal routing without any logic, i.e. they are the spaces between blocks of logic or blocks of I/O. Also there's some seemingly dead space in the corners of the die.

Obviously Juniper is a wild guess with scalings that aren't particularly justifiable...

Jawed

Why on earth would they take those "spyshots" from HD4890? I mean, the fuzzysoftoutoffocus spyshots, not the OCing extravaganza pics

The pics are mix of AMD QuakeCon2009 OC challenge and DX11 demo.
Obviously DX11 card is on bad quality pics :p
I'm not sure the PCB is blue for DX11 card, for me it's red, but I'm a man and I can differentiate only CMYK colors (who needs more :LOL:)

Video up:

http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=7640

shows tessellation in action. It's interesting to see that tessellating the stones (not adaptive in any way) produces a considerably higher frame rate (~270fps) than the parallax occlusion mapping version (~70fps). I guess it's the killer dynamic branching in POM...

Jawed

He said conceptual change, not about change in specs.

For the uninitiated,what was the big change about R600? Targeting the mid range market instead of the high end?

Back