• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not the sign. It's the bushes. They were jealous of the trees.

Well, performance improvements are always welcome, but it's a complete waste if say the 5870x2 can run Crysis 1080P DX10 Very High at 80fps+, but the driver is unable to force your HDTV go past 24hz refresh rate! ATI knows this for a long long time now and they have done nothing about it! How do they expect to sell those evergreens if they leave their customers everballbusted? Nvidia has fixed this!

It's still ok :oops: while we wouldnt have RV670 class cards under heatpipe HS that has occasional meltdowns on its memory controller even with the latest drivers. So we still se freezes if we run windowed dx6/7 office game and suddenly only we could move a pointer and se that windows buttons (in old wxp style) meltdown like burned out .... and only reset helps. Or is it a pcie2.0 reason on old mcp55 nvidia board. Fuzzy. But still not oriented to customer satisfaction. Yep we need to buy new crap every two yers or so to keep the spice flow. in the days of RV100/RV200 these were reliable products not some expensive chinese crap. Well at least we can use free Hydravison on ATi setup. Priceless.

http://www.beyond3d.com/resources/chip/119

230mm² though I will admit there are wildly varying figures for the size of RV570 out there. Also it's worth remembering that RV560 was the same chip, destined for X1650XT.

They call it manyways before launch of that x1650xt. But in fact there were only two chips RV570 that get into X1950Pro/Gt, and X1650XT and later much later with getting rid of bad chips into X1650GT. And R580+ which was that X1950XT/XTX. There was much mumbo jumbo just like with todays botanical confusion. Biggest card gets the smallest plant name -- Hemlock? Weird?

AMD still needs to hit the $200 and $300 price points. Juniper's going to be ~$100, I reckon. So the Pro version of Cypress needs to hit $200.

Not all hemlocks are small bushes... some are pretty large trees.

Yep but we all doesnt live on the west coast :LOL: .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Hemlock and if theyre so strictly botanist they shouldn't confuse us :LOL:

Hmmm... IGP named Mistletoe?

Mistletoe :LOL: Itcould work if it came out at xmas :LOL: But you dont usually hang a mobo above the doors bt graphic card could do the deal

What Redwood is really Sequoia alter ego in Californias botanical circles. Well it's always time to learn something. I'd make apetittion ... Give us an old school code names back. Cause flucking silicon and fr-14 pcb are not so ecologoical in fact.

Juniper will hardly be a 100USD part but we cam dream. Or it will be poor cooler and no bundle card ... 139USD or so is more viable for fancy new DX11 part. Especiallyif envy would have anything to offer. And hd4850 was 249USD iirc and hd4870 hd299USD at launch

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggest card gets the smallest plant name -- Hemlock? Weird?

Juniper will hardly be a 100USD part but we cam dream. Or it will be poor cooler and no bundle card ... 139USD or so is more viable for fancy new DX11 part. Especiallyif envy would have anything to offer. And hd4850 was 249USD iirc and hd4870 hd299USD at launch
Again, there are many different kinds of Hemlocks, some are very large trees that can reach 70-80m tall.

As for the 4850, I recall picking it up for $150 at BestBuy the first week it was released, pretty sure it was a $199 MSRP.
Edit- Yes, $199 for 4850 and $299 for 4870 at launch.

Again, there are many different kinds of Hemlocks, some are very large trees that can reach 70-80m tall.

As for the 4850, I recall picking it up for $150 at BestBuy the first week it was released, pretty sure it was a $199 MSRP.
Edit- Yes, $199 for 4850 and $299 for 4870 at launch.

Well i remember that HD4850 wasnt so cheap here in Europe around 170€ w/o tax in time when that was 250USD and MSRP was newer so low iirc but they lower prices to 200USD on newegg around early February.

If the launch date is September 10th what are they going to show at Quakecon?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/...re_DirectX_11_Graphics_Cards_at_Quakecon.html

Well intel at ther IDFs shows chips that will e in stores in 3-6 mont time so it's not so hard to believe. It's just preheat before cooking so the eggs would broke.

What interesting timing. Intel set to launch Core i5 on Sept. 8th. And AMD set to launch Dx11 parts on Sept. 10th. Coincidence? Somehow I don't think so.

I can see a lot of people possibly being tempted to build a new computer after that.

Regards,
SB

If the launch date is September 10th what are they going to show at Quakecon?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/...re_DirectX_11_Graphics_Cards_at_Quakecon.html

100 lucky attendants get to see HD58XX serie in action and get a free (numbered) shirt with it. Nothing mystical about it.
With review boards out this week (and at QuakeCon) it means it's finished board production so we should get some leaks like board shots and box-art in the coming weeks.

The only thing AMD has to do to win market share back on the cpu front now is to sell Single Cores that unlock into six cores and can be purchased for $50 along with your spanking new Radeon (* this offer includes a free copy of Windows 7)

What interesting timing. Intel set to launch Core i5 on Sept. 8th. And AMD set to launch Dx11 parts on Sept. 10th. Coincidence? Somehow I don't think so.

I can see a lot of people possibly being tempted to build a new computer after that.

Regards,
SB

Huh, come to think of it that actually is some pretty interesting business dynamics going on there.

So 3 display outputs? Triple monitor on one card?

Regards,
SB

A Trilleon outputs! I kid...I suppose that's very possible, but with so many dual dvi monitors out there, I wonder why the choice. Displayport is hardly prevalent. I'd even understand one DP, one HDMI, and one DVI.

Just a random inclination to celebrate the silly season, it's my favorite time of year. :)

Nothing showed up for me. :(

That sir, is a travesty. Hanners? Keep hope, and sparkle on. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
THERE'S A RUBY ACTION FIGURE?!?! :oops:

01.jpg

Don't fret Turtle, I never lose my sparkle that easy...too much fun still to be had. ;)

Nothing new : PowerColor HD 4850 (DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, and S-Video) or S3 Chrome 5 GTX (DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI)

... but only two outputs can be active at the same time.

Yeah I knew about those, but it's always been common to have 2 monitor outputs and a "TV output."

In this case though, that's 3 monitor outputs. Displayport can feed a DVI monitor and DVI can feed a display port monitor.

It would be similar to a vendor releasing a card with 2xDVI-D and 1xVGA.

Well except the VGA output wouldn't be able to feed a DVI monitor.

It just seems silly to have 3 outputs with only 2 able to be activated when all 3 are capable of driving the same display. In that case it'd be cheaper to just do 2x displayport with a DVI-D adapter. Or 2x DVI-D with a Display port adapter.

Regards,
SB

Back