Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol @ $600 for 5870 CF @ 5850 clocks.

I don't see the issue. 2 5850's will cost you almost $600 anyway, it's a single card solution and they're obviously focusing on the fact that it can be overclocked a lot but is downclocked due to PCI specs. Now we really need to see benchmarks, overclocking and heat reviews first before we make any conclusions as to its benefit. And of course crossfire support will be the big factor.

house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

Those arguments are always weak at best. AMD touted how Phenom II could overclock like crazy and look how that worked out. What's to say that Fermi won't overclock to LOL MHz.

Either way you guys missed my point, you're paying $600 for a card that for some games will preform worse than a 5870.

Those arguments are always weak at best. AMD touted how Phenom II could overclock like crazy and look how that worked out. What's to say that Fermi won't overclock to LOL MHz.
A2 cannot even hit the targeted shader clocks.
They also have ~100w to work with going off the ~190w typical consumption, TDP of 210-225w(?).
Hopefully A3 clocks better and makes up for that 18% clock deficiency.

Either way you guys missed my point, you're paying $600 for a card that for some games will preform worse than a 5870.
How so? I haven't seen that happen in a long time.
Anyways, supposedly AMD/ATi have a couple of really nice CF things they are working on.

lol @ $600 for 5870 CF @ 5850 clocks.

Keep in mind not everyone has a motherboard that supports multiple graphics cards so these x2 cards, while certainly not the best value, offer an option that would otherwise be unavailable to a lot of users.

Besides, the best card is never the most cost-effective one, there's always a premium to pay for the flagship product.

Those arguments are always weak at best. AMD touted how Phenom II could overclock like crazy and look how that worked out.

Have you ever overclocked a Phenom II? I have, and they do quite well.

What's to say that Fermi won't overclock to LOL MHz.

How many products that aren't R8xx-based are you going to mention in the R8xx thread?

We all know the downsides of multi-GPU rendering. The upsides tend to outweigh the downsides in most titles.

Back