• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not a press Event, but there's beer.

On the evening of September 10th in San Francisco, AMD would like to invite fans to join us for the unveiling of a new visual PC experience. Basically, I can't say exactly what you're going to see there, but I can tell you that we’ll be holding a big party with food, drink and tunes, very cool demos of unreleased games, incredible hardware set-ups you have to see to believe and a lot more.

edit:

PowerColor DX11 Contest

Taipei, Taiwan –September 1, 2009– TUL Corporation, a leading manufacturer of AMD graphics cards, announces the “Design and Choose the Best” online contest. Gamers and designers from around the globe can download design elements from the contest website and incorporate them into wallpaper, screensavers and IM chat icons. Artwork can be uploaded via the contest detail page and each category will be voted on by the public. Top vote getters from each category (3) will be some of the first to own a high end DirectX 11 next generation PowerColor graphics card!

Designers won’t be the only ones with a chance to win great prizes. Voters will have a chance to win 1 of 20 Go! Green HD4670’s. Voting will begin Sep. 21st and participates will automatically be entered into a random drawing for the video cards at the conclusion of the contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
2510812323a8e41c2dd11.jpg

:LOL:

Reminds me of another forum, someone posted a thread no-one likes me, nothing worth living for ect
so I replied with this little suggestion :D

For some strange reason the other posters weren't too happy with me :(

Reminds me of another forum, someone posted a thread no-one likes me, nothing worth living for ect
so I replied with this little suggestion :D

For some strange reason the other posters weren't too happy with me :(

What's not to like about sound advice? ;)

Who knows. It's hard to tell who has sources and who's just being creative with other people's leaks and speculation :rolleyes: Right now, for all we know AMD is going to launch a 1280 or 1600 or 2000 shader part in September, October or November in maybe an MCM format or enhanced crossfire with 2 or 3 chips on the flagship board :)

I just read the Fudzilla "article" or "news" for the first time, but it's clear that he must have meant 1.6 times faster aka 260% speed of RV770, since he mentions how it's indeed "quite fast", while when we had what we had last gen, I'm sure no-one would be jumping guns on "quite fast" especially if it's "best case scenario" as he mentions, if it was only 60% faster.

(now, of course since it has been judged as fake anyway, this was kinda irrelevant)

It can also mean a 192 bit bus. A 384 bit bus will need die area much larger than 181mm2

It would also need a lot larger pcb board than this. It's a 192bit if it has 12 chips just like it was leaked with bush and plant names. And HD4770 also had 8 chips just paired to comply with 128 bit bus. And latency went up a lot but obvioulsly who cares about latency on budget mainstream boards like RV740 or this JuniperXT. I still doesnt know what is this ex.RV830 ... real life HD4850 dx11 compliant substitute or what. Damn bushes.

$20 for fast GDDR5 1gb ram sound right to any one?

Even worse: GDDR3 costs 50% more? :eek:

@rpg
How much would you pay for 8 chips ... 2.50USD/per chip seems pretty expensive to me.

@CarstenS
How do you mean that gddr3 costs more it's 16 vs 8 chips so they cost LESS ... and the best thing it' pretty advanced gddr3/4 so they're also pretty expensive for an old stuff on new steroids.

Nad about PSU ... they probablydont buy same components for their PSUs and nvidias PSUs ofte loks far more expensive than poor ati. So it looks like intel vs amd's mobos AMDs cost more than features and PSu they offered in the time of first core2 lga775 vs. best first AM2+ mobos. It's simplysome market share splitting. And dang for that amd crickety cricks of their poor PSU on their cards after first review boards .... best example is delayed HD4770 which only i their review release cames out with fully shielded 1st-2nd grade coils while all retails came out with poorest 3rd grade coils for PSU.

And about Junipers, Sequoias aso. Hope they'll not on Volterra diital pwm design again cause i saw too many dead cards based on that prototype product. While old school OSCON and cheap intersil VRM rulzz in terms of endurance and reliability. But after all and ATi must earn some money and the best way is to rip off their true believers after their cards die in sleep after gurarantee expire and buy another ATi. But now their market share expanede and they DO NOT NEED to do that again like in 1950PRO-XT-2900XT-PRO days when they have less than 30% of market share.

4890 power circuit is build all around not one but two Volterra controllers, so there is some justification, me thinks. ;)

Too expensive piece of crap. ;) IMNSHO and this is the main reason after consumption why i would never buy this polished non-buggy RV770 successor. And somehow i think its reason why it consumes at least 3-5W more than it should just like anycard based on Volterra. Which is weird cause digital VRM should be more efficient than analog ones but 1950PRO/XT-2900PRO i saw disapproves that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back