AMD: R7xx Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be but then why pull it? They mentioned they were developing with the new hardware in mind...for their sake I hope they aren't targeting internet rumours.....

Pretty sure it was pulled due to the NDA haha. I bet he does have knowledge of it or else it would be foolish to do new hardware/software without any idea of what the next gen has to offer.

Anyways, the rumor that 320SP is set aside for PPU...how sure are we that the 480SP for RV770 is 96 x 5 (from 64 x 5 with R600)? Is it possible that its 160 x 3 with 160 x 2 set aside for PPU. That would follow the rumors of 480SP for rendering and 320 for physics - thus giving both sides of the rumor fact. I base this on w1z's post on the architecture: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=790539&postcount=36

There he said that the difference was 160 x 3 = 480 SP's versus 160 x 5 = 800 SP's. If 2 of those are indeed set aside specifically for physics processing (and I'm sure ATI doesn't want to be left in the cold given that Intel bought Havok and Nvidia bought Ageia), it would certainly give credence to both western and eastern rumors of 480SP's for rendering but 800sp's total.

Are we sure it was breaking any NDA? He could just have been reading rumour sites.
What he said was pretty explicit about knowing this directly. Hilarious given that the original posting was ~2 weeks old.

Google's cache still has the precise posting :smile:

Jawed

Is actually a worse rumour than "extreme pipelines" of yesteryear. Or that NV30 has 8 pixel shader pipes.

Jawed

Actually, it's probably the stupidest rumour in recent(and not so recent) history.

Yeah, it is, but I'm still amazed that launch is 1 month away and no one can get anything concrete on the architecture - very uncharacteristic of an ATI release, at least recently.

ATI has a new GPU logo

A new year a new change

Last year ATI has decided to change its logos from silver bottom to black and this time around it plans to launch a new logo.

The current logo says that ATI Radeon Graphic and ATI will chance it to ATI Radeon Premium graphics. We believe that Microsoft is to blame as Premium nowadays means a lot in graphic.

This is how it looks. http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7380&Itemid=1

As long it performs beyond expectation, I don't care - even if they renamed to Banana graphics. :D

atinewlogo.jpg

BTW: What does VDDC, MVDDC & MVDDQ mean in connection w/ a GPU like the RV770?

Seems like three different voltages, one for the core, one for the memory controller, and memory termination.

Please be objective toward the performance prospect of RV770 series.

There is only one thing, which is explicit in the coming months.

8800GT/RV770 Pro for less than 150 USD.

From the GT200 thread...
apoppin said:
Of course it is unofficial. X3 is an engineering sample that to me shows their thinking and their direction imo. How is it that you'd be the one to know better?
Trinity is just Asus' experiment. It may be viable with mobile RV670s (although the design would have to be less awkward than Trinity's, it would probably come out to a dual-PCB board), but I doubt they could pull it off with RV770 due to the higher power draw. And I'd be the one to know because I'm keeping track of the news and rumours (it's my job) and so far nothing indicates that AMD/ATi would want to make X3 boards officially.
apoppin said:
We know for a fact that CrossFireX is to be used with 2x3870; 3x3870 or X3 and 2 x 3870x2 [or X4] and certainly AMD will support 2 x 4870x2; why not on a single PCB? X3 works! and it scales fairly well; x4 is a loser right now but the improving drivers should change that.
Yes they will support 2× HD 4870 X2. But there certainly won't be an X3 or X4 board. Reasons: complexity, price, power consumption & cooling requirements.

Are we sure it was breaking any NDA? He could just have been reading rumour sites.

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2454#p22137
We've been very much keeping the new hardware in mind.

Originally/yesterday:
We've been very much keeping the new hardware in mind.
Note that the high end board has 480 SP's (960 is for the X2, which means that we could hopefully run 2 copies of FAH on that once everything gets worked out). We've already been keeping in mind the larger 480 SP count and there are larger WU's on the way which are going to be very exciting from the science point of view and should use all 480 SP's nicely (we hope -- we're still testing).

The funny thing is, when Dr. Vijay Pande has posted this: Mon May 05, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back