All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to report this piece that showed up:
Get a Free Han Solo fridge (carbonite) one when pre-ordering SW:BF on Xbox One from Walmart.
They can't advertise it, but it seems the marketing deal of PS4 is being worked around by MS

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Battlefro...32499042302732997754&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Dang, not at all interested in the console version of the game, but I'm tempted to get that just for the fridge. Hell, it'd probably be worth a few hundred/thousands of USD in 20 years or so. :p

Regards,
SB

Dang, not at all interested in the console version of the game, but I'm tempted to get that just for the fridge. Hell, it'd probably be worth a few hundred/thousands of USD in 20 years or so. :p

Regards,
SB
In 20 years, only if you never unbox it. :runaway:

If that's what think it is, the thermoelectric cooler will not last a year without breaking from humidity infiltration through the bad seal.

Amazon hourly Top 100:
#7 PS4 Destiny TTK bundle
#8 PS4 Battlefront bundle (pre-order)
#28 XB1 Forza bundle
#41 PS4 TLoU bundle (w/ 1yr PS+)
#60 XB1 Gear bundle
#95 XB1 Madden bundle

TTK seems to be pretty big, like a new game release, despite being a expansion. I'm thinking it will be behind Madden and MGSV for Sept.

Regards,
SB
Update here is that it's actually available for both XBO and PS4 as long as you buy the digital deluxe version @ 130 USD, and you can pay extra to warranty your fridge.

If that thing doesn't move units, I don't know what will. If that's available in Canada I"m going to pre-order one now

Amazon hourly Top 100:
#7 PS4 Destiny TTK bundle
#8 PS4 Battlefront bundle (pre-order)
#28 XB1 Forza bundle
#41 PS4 TLoU bundle (w/ 1yr PS+)
#60 XB1 Gear bundle
#95 XB1 Madden bundle

TTK seems to be pretty big, like a new game release, despite being a expansion. I'm thinking it will be behind Madden and MGSV for Sept.
There are still TLOU bundles and they sell so well???

There are still TLOU bundles and they sell so well???
The year of PS+ could be the draw in that bundle although TLoU should be an easy marketting sell - the definitive version of the game that accured a huge amount of awards in 2013. No brainer unless you really don't like the genre.

The year of PS+ could be the draw in that bundle although TLoU should be an easy marketting sell - the definitive version of the game that accured a huge amount of awards in 2013. No brainer unless you really don't like the genre.
I thought those were sold out and Sony stopped making them. Also TLOU is so old news by now. It is very high on that list

Also TLOU is so old news by now. It is very high on that list
The Last of Us was a PS3 exclusive and made a lot of buzz. If you didn't own a PS3 and are only recently bought a PS4, The Last of Us is still a great game to get bundled with your PS4. If you look at initial vs. lifetime sales of Game of the Year candidates you'll see they often sell a lot more later than they do initially.

I thought those were sold out and Sony stopped making them. Also TLOU is so old news by now. It is very high on that list

It is a way to get a black unit with a year of PS+, TLoU is just a bonus I think. You can buy the code online for $15. Some people may not want a white Destiny unit, though you would think they would want the Batman bundle?

The Last of Us was a PS3 exclusive and made a lot of buzz. If you didn't own a PS3 and are only recently bought a PS4, The Last of Us is still a great game to get bundled with your PS4. If you look at initial vs. lifetime sales of Game of the Year candidates you'll see they often sell a lot more later than they do initially.
But I thought 2014 early 2015 the most, TLOU would have saturated its potential buyers. But nope.

Shows how much of a masterpiece it is.

It is a way to get a black unit with a year of PS+, TLoU is just a bonus I think. You can buy the code online for $15. Some people may not want a white Destiny unit, though you would think they would want the Batman bundle?
Arent there other non=Destiny bundles with a PS+ subscription plus game?

In 20 years, only if you never unbox it. :runaway:

If that's what think it is, the thermoelectric cooler will not last a year without breaking from humidity infiltration through the bad seal.

Heh, but people often don't care if a collectable is in working order, as long as it is unopened in the original packaging. And even that just boosts the going price. Still at my age, I don't even know if I'll be alive in 20 years. :D Still tempted though.

Regards,
SB

Toys are meant to be played with!
I think pixar made a documentary about this.

I might buy it, but I'm modding it and replacing the peltier element to reach 1 celcius.

Sony struck a deal with Ubisoft, seems like the main bundle going up against Halo 5 for October?
21303877420_7577cc357b_h.jpg

Also PGW is the same day Halo 5 launches, there's no better timing to announce a worldwide price drop. For 500 gig bundles at least. I can't see them selling the 1TB edition for more than $/€400. But then again, it's Sony, they do some very questionable things some times :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back