Ace Combat 6 for Xbox 360 ? *confirmed* *rules: post #111

I must admit myself, it looks like Namco figured out next gen, at least on the 360 they did.

the team behind the ACE Combat series have always provided beautiful games.....even on the PSone so this does not surprise me at all............but I still want a engine built from the ground up for the PS3....hopefully that deal with Sony and Namco a while back will make this dream come true.......

the team behind the ACE Combat series have always provided beautiful games.....even on the PSone so this does not surprise me at all............but I still want a engine built from the ground up for the PS3....hopefully that deal with Sony and Namco a while back will make this dream come true.......

I'm guessing this dream will come true only in the form of 1st party exclusives. that said, no reason they shouldn't look equally as good on both machines.

I'm guessing this dream will come true only in the form of 1st party exclusives. that said, no reason they shouldn't look equally as good on both machines.
Namco is developing a PS3-based arcade system, so they are not a typical third party.

doubt they would make a new game based around a scrapped helicopter.

I'm not asking for a game based on one chopper, I'm asking for a game with many different choppers similar to AC's many fighters jets. Also I don't see why a chopper being scrapted has any relevence whatsoever. Going by your logic those concept cars in GT Prologue shouldn't have been made into the game.

I'm not asking for a game based on one chopper, I'm asking for a game with many different choppers similar to AC's many fighters jets. Also I don't see why a chopper being scrapted has any relevence whatsoever. Going by your logic those concept cars in GT Prologue shouldn't have been made into the game.

well i dont see the link between racing concept cars and playing a flying simulation that is suppose to be realistic in an aircraft that will never be. Name one combat flying simulation game that used military equipment that never went beyond prototype before the contract was killed when the developers knew it at the time.

Realistic helocopter simulations in general are quite rare. Outside of the comanche series from Novalogic and the Black Shark addon for LockOn i cant think of anything recent.

finally a website has some screens up, even though they're of so-so quality
http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/images/index.jsp?releaseId=20070320115630142044&page=1

the visuals look decent though not really much of a leap beyond AC5, at least not from these screens. I'll wait until I see it in motion. I hope there are huge formations of fighters, bombers and tons of ground forces to contend with. If yes, and knowing AC6 is going to be online also, I'm sure that would account for quite a bit of CPU+GPU processing power, while keeping it all moving at a locked 60fps--I pray to thee Namco, that thy will does not even think about 30fps.

here's a somewhat better comparison of the same plane.

AC5 ~ PS2
ace-combat-5-the-unsung-war-20040913034430033.jpg

AC6 ~ X360
ac6a10640x480hx2.jpg

the EuroFighter / Typhoon

AC5 ~ PS2
ac5ef588x330wn1.jpg

AC6 ~ X360
ace6_typhoon008--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

the PS2 screens are more anti-aliased than AC5 actually is, but the graphics are represented.

the terrain in AC5 ~ PS2 also seems comparable:
ac5terrain640x360gw0.jpg

Yeah, AC6 on X360 looks better than AC5 and ACZ on PS2 but AC6 does not seem like a huge visual leap.
I dunno where you get "worlds better than"--though I ain't gonna complain one bit, as I am very happy to have AC6 on X360. I'm also very excited about the online gameplay modes, the potential fun. could be a killer app over LIVE :)

Last edited by a moderator:
well i dont see the link between racing concept cars and playing a flying simulation that is suppose to be realistic in an aircraft that will never be.

GT series is supposed to be a realistic racing/simulation series yet they included concept cars to be driven/raced...make the connection. If they can do it with cars, there is no reason they couldn't do it with military aircraft. The fact they haven't done it yet is irrelevent.

BTW those screens of AC6 look very good.

GT series is supposed to be a realistic racing/simulation series yet they included concept cars to be driven/raced...make the connection. If they can do it with cars, there is no reason they couldn't do it with military aircraft. The fact they haven't done it yet is irrelevent.

BTW those screens of AC6 look very good.

they include concept cars because its a prize/goal for the most part and its interesting to see how they stack up, or how the devs make them stack up, to the others. Military flight sims on the otherhand have always had an aura of realism/seriousness to them, normally based around military missions/campaigns that would/could take place. The comanche as a vehicle has zero part in such a game. Now if you want to talk about a total fantasy game, something along the lines of Flashpoint 1985 except its in the present time, then sure. But in a game like this, or a game like LockOn, it would be very odd and out of character.

There is a big difference but it is not that obviuos in those images. Such things as foliage and more buildings with better detail in comparision to AC5 which has "cold naked" landscapes. The landscape geometry for AC6 is by far more complex than for AC5, count in the superior lightning and the high res textures in comparision to the low res ones on AC5 and it's a big change!:smile:

here's a somewhat better comparison of the same plane.
AC5 ~ PS2

ACE COMBAT was the example that developer released the higher-resoultion screenshots from dev-kit for media promoting.
You could find lots of screenshots above the proper resolution:)

Real PS2 AC5 did not have these alias-free quality in regular Tv.

There is a big difference but it is not that obviuos in those images. Such things as foliage and more buildings with better detail in comparision to AC5 which has "cold naked" landscapes. The landscape geometry for AC6 is by far more complex than for AC5, count in the superior lightning and the high res textures in comparision to the low res ones on AC5 and it's a big change!:smile:

you can't see it in those PS2 AC5 shots, but AC5 does have foliage.

here:
acecombat5_032504_019.jpg

acecombat5_screen011.jpg

(minus the AA and high resolution)

the cities in AC5 also have a fair amount of geometry in the buildings.

the increase in texture resolution is apparent in AC6 though, that's for certain.

ACE COMBAT was the example that developer released the higher-resoultion screenshots from dev-kit for media promoting.
You could find lots of screenshots above the proper resolution:)

Real PS2 AC5 did not have these alias-free quality in regular Tv.

true. the high resolution and anti-aliasing in the AC5 screenshots was higher than the PS2 game on your television but the detail and lighting are the same.

I think were Namco will make the biggest leap is in gameplay this time. dynamic missions and online multiplayer co-op or competition.

Back