Ace Combat 6 for Xbox 360 ? *confirmed* *rules: post #111

I think I'll wait until Namco have even announced the game before believing the blockbuster order system.

IGN had noted that we should expect some Namco/360 surprises in 2007. This may be an early clue... or not.

but but.....it is ACE Combat 6 with a different title.....so maybe its a port from the PS2.... hopefully ACE Combat 7 is built from the ground up for the PS3....................hopefully....

*sniff sniff* :(

edit: it is now confirmed
:D
not that this is confirmation, but the folliwng makes me think/believe Ace Combat 6 on Xbox 360 is happening:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_b...ct=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

It's not uncommon to see some retailers post new listings of expected sequels before an official announcement...but seeing this trio appear on a new platform certainly raises some eyebrows. Barring some crafty Photoshop work, this looks legit.

Bogus or not bogus?: Retailer info is hit and miss, but recently the hits have vastly outweighed the misses. We're going with not bogus.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=513813
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=513813&page=2

RAZurrection said:
BTW the Ace Combat one is 100% truth.

jdg said:
I hope the Ace Combat thing is true!!

RAZurrection said:
It is, don't worry. I used to speak to a guy on the translation team. It's PS3/360

Last edited by a moderator:
My uncle Benny on my mom's side use to speak with this guy (who had only one leg) who was long time friends with a game developer who was game developer buddies with a high up guy from Namco. He (my uncle Benny) told me this was 100% false.

My uncle Benny on my mom's side use to speak with this guy (who had only one leg) who was long time friends with a game developer who was game developer buddies with a high up guy from Namco. He (my uncle Benny) told me this was 100% false.

well there you have it then.... thanks Skrying. ;)

wow... love me some flying combat and Ace Combat was always one of my favorites.... now if namco can just make a Next Gen game that looks like a Next Gen game. :rolleyes: ;)

And apparantly the same site (which I dont know if its reliable) is saying Monster Hunter 3 (whatever that is, some game that's big in Japan) is going to 360 too.

So it's mass defection from Sony day across the sea, Apparantly.

I dont know how much these second two will affect anything in USA, but I am wondering if this can change anything in Japan.

And apparantly the same site (which I dont know if its reliable) is saying Monster Hunter 3 (whatever that is, some game that's big in Japan) is going to 360 too.

So it's mass defection from Sony day across the sea, Apparantly.

I dont know how much these second two will affect anything in USA, but I am wondering if this can change anything in Japan.

Every 3rd party exclusive sony loses is 1 less reason for people to shell out 599 dollars for the PS3. The sony empire was built on 3rd party exclusives each one lost is a blow IMO.

Every 3rd party exclusive sony loses is 1 less reason for people to shell out 599 dollars for the PS3. The sony empire was built on 3rd party exclusives each one lost is a blow IMO.

yea the 3rd part exclusives were also monetary decisions last gen (for the most opart)

You could make a fortune making a PS2 game with such a wide install base. This time around it's not the same case. MS releasing 1 year (a gift, they expected 3-6mos head start tops) and a strong 3rd party MS team working with Pubs and devs and on dev tools to make their job easier is evidently paying off.

But Ace Combat and Monster Hunter will not make any large difference over here.

I'm just wondering if Japanese may accept 360 as a more viable alternative with these.

DMC4 will have measurable impact on USA as well, I agree.

Back