[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

I also always suspected they were just ported their Xbox engine over to 360 made a few enhancements and used it for DOA4 and NG2.

Cause aside from the increased texture resolution and polycounts, both games (especially NG2) look last gen. Very flat, basic lighting, nothing interesting being done with shading or post processing.

They must have had that trailer lying around for a fair while already, as it still has the old Playstation 3 logo ... :p

Indeed... :) Although the youtube vid has really terrible compression, there were a couple edges I noticed that seemed to indicate 720p. It looks great! I think at some point I'll double-dip and get NGS2 for the new gameplay additions. :)

Like sixaxis boobie-bounce?
I hail a fellow DOAXXV owner. T_T

The most important thing they have to fix is the framerate, which was pretty terrible on Xbox.

I hope they did because in many ocasions, especially on MN difficulty, the single digits framerate stood between me and my victory :(
I don't see the game beeing a perfect 60fps on PS3, but at least a noticeable improvement in the more affected areas would be very welcomed.

Dude, you're not kidding. Anytime they rendered lots of particles, it seemed like it dropped pretty badly. I wonder if they are rendering all their particles at full res, because if they do, the PS3 will grind to a halt at critical times.

Actually, my biggest worry is input lag. I played it at E3 and was REALLY disappointed because the controls didn't feel right. It seemed like everything happened a split second later than it should have.

What's with the gun powder smell ?

As I understand, Sigma 2 changed much more than mere graphics enhancements. I did a round of quick Google but couldn't find a simple summary. So far I have seen references to:

3 playable characters (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/11/full-of-character-ninja-gaiden-sigma-2/)

Higher resolution

Lesser blood (This one from memory)

Online co-op (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175176)

Updated environment, new boss battles, different enemies, finishing blow, new AI strategy (http://platinum.cheatcc.com/ps3/rev/ninjagaidensigma2preview.html)

Prologue comic (shown in the final trailer above)

Pity they lost the over the top blood effects, it made the 360 version so much fun to play ( and watch being played).

Maybe it's due to the lack of EDRAM on PS3, which limits their usage of alpha textures ?

No idea. Tecmo seems to think there were too much blood in the previous version. The excess blood will be replaced by blue (or purple) haze.

I couldn't find any confirmation of framerate fix. There were verbal promises and interim video comparison. Might as well wait for the demo since it'll be out before the real game.

Pity they lost the over the top blood effects, it made the 360 version so much fun to play ( and watch being played).

Maybe it's due to the lack of EDRAM on PS3, which limits their usage of alpha textures ?
I don't think it was for technical reasons. NGS has a different director - I think this is the direction Hayashi wants to take the series.

Heh, obviously I meant the violence. AFAIK, NGII is by far the most violent TN game - I think Hayashi prefers not to go that direction with future games.

[gt]56222[/gt]

Another interview, but in this video the producer promised that there is a pretty big surprise in NG Sigma 2 for fans (@ 4:20). He doesn't want to go into it yet.

People who tried the Japan demo said that the framerate issues are lesser, but still there.

[gt]56222[/gt]

Another interview, but in this video the producer promised that there is a pretty big surprise in NG Sigma 2 for fans (@ 4:20). He doesn't want to go into it yet.

People who tried the Japan demo said that the framerate issues are lesser, but still there.

I tried it too. I'm not a big Ninja Gaiden fan though so I can't comment on these things. I can say that the game looks and plays better than I expected it to, and is certainly a big step up from the first Sigma (of which I also only played the demo). They did a pretty good job, much better certainly than I would have expected, and I think most fans are probably going to be quite pleased with this.

It's definitely not for me though.

I had no idea its available on the Japanese PSN store

Downloading now

I have finished the 360 version and I am curious to see the differences

Back