[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

I had more problems with projectiles and too many enemies on screen (frame problems).

I've only encountered that when I run away from enemies until a bunch of them catch up to me. If I kill them in the general area there's no slowdown because only a few of them will spawn at a time from a small area.

I've only encountered that when I run away from enemies until a bunch of them catch up to me. If I kill them in the general area there's no slowdown because only a few of them will spawn at a time from a small area.

I can't remember the name of the section, but I remember being at the bottom of a stair case, and running into what felt like hundreds of enemies, lol. The frame rate got pretty bad, not unplayable, but certainly a noticeable drop from 60.

Seemed rushed on the 360 had a problem fighting one of the bosses because of the camera. I don't remember having any problems with NG on xbox maybe I wasn't as sensitive.

I can't remember the name of the section, but I remember being at the bottom of a stair case, and running into what felt like hundreds of enemies, lol. The frame rate got pretty bad, not unplayable, but certainly a noticeable drop from 60.

That was a beautiful section. Chapter 10 staircase ascend in slo mo was awesome. They patched it up later and it's not as fun :(

If I remember, MS published NG2. I'm surprise now.

There was a debate whether the game could come to PS3 under a different name. I guess I was fooled.

I plowed through the game path of the Master a couple times now even placing well on the leader boards, finished all TOVs on it and getting Master Ninja ranks on all levels and I'll say the camera and the exploding projectiles give this game an artificial level of difficulty on any level above Warrior. Mentor's no slouch and Master can be infuriating at times. I still love it though! I'll pick up a Sigma version of it.

Did anyone else notice the massive Dhabilaro like sword??? I'm so pumped for this!! Man I just love buying the same game over and over.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47115.html

Reveal trailer in HD. Can anyone tell if it's running at 720p instead of 585p, or notice any other changes?

They took out the blood, which was pretty much the best thing about the 360 version.

But they did add some ridiculous female characters (complete with breast physics) in typical Team Ninja fashion, so perhaps they haven't changed that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47115.html

Reveal trailer in HD. Can anyone tell if it's running at 720p instead of 585p, or notice any other changes?

They took out the blood, which was pretty much the best thing about the 360 version.

But they did add some ridiculous female characters (complete with breast physics) in typical Team Ninja fashion, so perhaps they haven't changed that much.

I don't understood this choice to change in cloud purple the bloodly effects. Maybe only for the audience reason but artistically is horrible to see. The splatters is the better aspect of the game.

There are blood:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2009/081/reviews/958890_20090323_screen013.jpg

Just not excessive blood. So it's lesser blood + purple haze.

Besides the new female character (Don't know her name) and Ayane being playable, I was told the PS3 version will add online co-op.

Hopefully it fixes all the major bugs and finetune the gameplay.

Fantastic news. Tecmo/Team Ninja is bringing the true version of NG2 to the PS3:devilish:. Since they're remaking the game for the PS3 I hope that they'll take full advantage of the PS3 capability and significiantly improve the visual as well:smile:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have been for performance reasons. Or ESRB? I suppose we'll have to see when the game is closer to release.

Possibly Japan. I doubt this will get less than Mature in the US, but as I understand, a CERO Z (which apparently is equivalent to AO) is sales poison in Japan, so they may be going for a more acceptable rating like D.

Fantastic news. Tecmo/Team Ninja is bringing the true version of NG2 to the PS3:devilish:. Since they're remaking the game for the PS3 I hope that they'll take full advantage of the PS3 capability and significiantly improve the visual as well:smile:.

I'd rather Team Ninja work on NG3.

I'd like improvements to NG2, but I'm not willing to re-buy it. The rumoured co-op edition is cool, but if NG Sigma is an example of what will be improved, I will have to skip this and wait for GOWIII.

Then again, if priced right, I could be prodded to get it.

I'd rather Team Ninja work on NG3.

I'd like improvements to NG2, but I'm not willing to re-buy it. The rumoured co-op edition is cool, but if NG Sigma is an example of what will be improved, I will have to skip this and wait for GOWIII.

Then again, if priced right, I could be prodded to get it.

It's not a rumor. The online co-op was revealed by Tecmo: http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6206597/?tag=topslot;img;1

Not a Ninja Gaiden fan myself (probably too tough for me), I'd love them to do a Home Space though.

Back