[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

well i hope this changes will stay only in SIGMA series i dont want NG to be easy game i loved NH1 and black becouse of the difficulty level. And this guys comment in invsible wall when he said that he went thru half of the game in 4 hours and decided to "check other combos" make me feel meeeh not for me.

sorry for my english

Most of these guys are playing on Warrior mode doing the reviews. You have to unlock Mentor and Master. NG1 and Black were both also easy on Normal. None of these reviews are playing Master.

I honestly think this may be tougher on Master do to the massive bump in hit points. No more Falcon's Talon Izuna Drop instant kills into chained lunar 360 UT to clear out a room of IS ninja's by the sounds of it. I'm wondering if the Tonfa will still be the best weapon to chain UT with against delimbable enemies.

You havent played Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360 have you? ;)
Is it even worse?
I "only" played Sigma 1 and the Sigma 2 demo. Seems enough to me to tell that these guys didn't learn much from their past mistakes.

and u judging that from playing only demos?
Sigma 1 is not a demo. The Sigma 2 demo is a demo, granted, but one that carries forth all the worst aspects of Sigma 1. A demo should be a hand-picked, favourable representation of the full product. I don't expect to be swayed by a full product if the demo is already poor.
czekon said:
Ng is not perfect but still one of the best
Worse than every other combat action game I've played this gen, among them Conan, DMC4 and a couple exclusives that would probably cause a lot of anger if I named them. Your criteria for quality must be totally incompatible with mine.

Is it even worse?
I "only" played Sigma 1 and the Sigma 2 demo. Seems enough to me to tell that these guys didn't learn much from their past mistakes.

The original NG2 had sections that were quite a mess. The camera wouldnt collaborate with you, enemies off screen would give you a shower of rockets, exploding knives, burning arrows, some sections were god awfully annoying in terms of controls etc etc

In general the game was good, but needed some more work NGS2 is supposed to address many of these issues and I think it did to some extend compared to the 360 version.

The things that annoy you arent the REALLY annoying stuff. You are not used to the game yet.

Wow that would be a lot better without the blatantly biased comments appearing over the video the whole time.

acording to gametrailers preview in Invisible walls Sigma 2 is much easier then NG2 less gore/brutal, much much less blood on screen. Overall pretty positive feedback as game being more causual players oriented wich can be bad for HC fans.

Iam not doubting that it not easier but won't playing through the game already on the 360 and then again on the ps3 make it easier by default.

Iam not doubting that it not easier but won't playing through the game already on the 360 and then again on the ps3 make it easier by default.

Judging from other asian forums with actual MN playthroughs, apparantly MN on NGS2 is a different matter than MN on NG2. In NG2 it was more about surviving your way through the explosives and random projectiles. Apparantly in NGS2 it is more about not being hit at all.

Everyone knows from the demo that one~two hits is enough to kill you (especially if you hit a wall after that).
That actually carries through the whole game, as well as the insane HP of certain enemies (as well as the increased difficulty of breaking their limbs).
Also, in boss fights, this immensely increased damage results in many one-hit-kills. It seems to me that boss fights are now more of a "take no damage" game.

I'm not exactly sure what is harder, numerous random projectiles (which doesn't exactly exist in every single battle) or one hit kills and harder to break limbs.

Also a question to MN completed players on this forum.
I've encountered numerous statements about the AI being dumber in NGS2, which I personally think is total bogus.
Spamming random projectiles is not better AI, nor is more enemies better AI. The enemies seem to me to react the same way and respond similarly to similar combos.
Better AI would actually mean better resiliance to guillotine throws and that sort of stuff, which I do not see at all in NG2, as guillotine throws are what makes your survival in MN.
Personally it seems quite unfounded to me, but I would like to see someone change my mind here.

(I'm on my first playthrough mentor right now, and so far everything is pretty managable with a continue here and there)

Worse than every other combat action game I've played this gen, among them Conan, DMC4 and a couple exclusives that would probably cause a lot of anger if I named them. Your criteria for quality must be totally incompatible with mine.

To each their own. I thought NG1 was one of the best action games of the last generation. Near the top just for delivering a challenging experience that in most cases required some skill to pass rather than just spamming random attacks.

Still haven't gotten around to NG2 though. I don't seem to have nearly enough time to play even a tenth of the games I want to play anymore.

/me raises fists in defiance to growning older. :p

Regards,
SB

:oops:
Are you joking? MN is very, very hard. Just a right hit of a normal enemy could kill you....imho Warrior indeed is too easy...

That's the trick with the on-land x, which you get from the LVL 2 DS. On-land X does a fast 360 slash which seems to "beat" the high-damage grabs from the white ninjas. So if you do XYXXX, then pause, the on-land X will beat any grabs, followed by YXXX, etc. Although, I'm not sure if that will work for the whole game, though. (-:

Judging from other asian forums with actual MN playthroughs, apparantly MN on NGS2 is a different matter than MN on NG2. In NG2 it was more about surviving your way through the explosives and random projectiles. Apparantly in NGS2 it is more about not being hit at all.

Everyone knows from the demo that one~two hits is enough to kill you (especially if you hit a wall after that).
That actually carries through the whole game, as well as the insane HP of certain enemies (as well as the increased difficulty of breaking their limbs).
Also, in boss fights, this immensely increased damage results in many one-hit-kills. It seems to me that boss fights are now more of a "take no damage" game.

I'm not exactly sure what is harder, numerous random projectiles (which doesn't exactly exist in every single battle) or one hit kills and harder to break limbs.

Also a question to MN completed players on this forum.
I've encountered numerous statements about the AI being dumber in NGS2, which I personally think is total bogus.
Spamming random projectiles is not better AI, nor is more enemies better AI. The enemies seem to me to react the same way and respond similarly to similar combos.
Better AI would actually mean better resiliance to guillotine throws and that sort of stuff, which I do not see at all in NG2, as guillotine throws are what makes your survival in MN.
Personally it seems quite unfounded to me, but I would like to see someone change my mind here.

(I'm on my first playthrough mentor right now, and so far everything is pretty managable with a continue here and there)

In general, most games don't have AI...they have state machines. The state machine for most enemies in NGS2 isn't "better", it's just different. I have found that the enemies, in addition to taking more damage, dodge and block a lot more. In NG2, it seemed like enemies would NEVER dodge the DS X counterattack, but they do it all the time in NGS2. Also, they seem to block the Y from the XY izuna drop startup quite a bit in NGS2 which I don't remember ever happening in NG2.

In general, most games don't have AI...they have state machines. The state machine for most enemies in NGS2 isn't "better", it's just different. I have found that the enemies, in addition to taking more damage, dodge and block a lot more. In NG2, it seemed like enemies would NEVER dodge the DS X counterattack, but they do it all the time in NGS2. Also, they seem to block the Y from the XY izuna drop startup quite a bit in NGS2 which I don't remember ever happening in NG2.

I hope "in addition to taking more damage" is a typo lol
From what I know NGS2's enemies deal way more damage than NG2

So I take from this that the AI is, well, I'll put it this way, better equipped to dodging our attacks?

I hope "in addition to taking more damage" is a typo lol
From what I know NGS2's enemies deal way more damage than NG2

So I take from this that the AI is, well, I'll put it this way, better equipped to dodging our attacks?

Hehe, yes, you got me. By "take more damage" I mean they accept more damage without dying. (-:

But yes, I may have selective memory here, but it seems like there are lots of cases where in NG2, if I landed the first hit, the rest of the combo would hit but in NGS2, I can land the first hit but they dodge the rest of it.

Back