[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

To anyone who has played NG2 on 360, do your weapons etc., carry over to your second play-through? They didn't in NGS which I wasn't too happy about.

Edit: I guess they do. Hopefully they do in NGS2 as well.

In NG2, you had to load your completed save, but yes. You do get to keep everything. The thing is that it is only for the same difficulty level.

Does the online co-op work on the demo? I could only play co-op with the CPU.

Or does it not exist and I thought that online co-op is a new feature in the complete game?

Oh dang, I didn't know that basically the entire core of Team Ninja quit and formed their own company.

Regards,
SB
But they didn't take ALL the producers, or there'd be no NG2S.

I'm very impressed with how much content they fit into the demo. This is probably the most impressive demo I've played since Lost Planet, and it's certainly done its job of making me want to buy the full game.

And I've never seen anything like NG2S's attract mode on a home console. In any other game if they switch locations and characters like this, they'd pre-render it, because they can't store it all in RAM for quick transitioning. If you switch weapons in NG2S, it takes longer to load than the attract mode's different assets.

I've got a couple videos of my playthrough of the Ryu portion being processed for HD on YouTube right now, and I'll post back later with a link. I've still got to edit my vids of the Ayane and Team Missions to upload later.

EDIT:
Ryu demo part 1
Ryu demo part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
But they didn't take ALL the producers, or there'd be no NG2S.

They didn't really need much if any of the original team to port it to PS3, all the art assets, etc. were already done.

From the sounds of it, all the product leads and a chunk of other people left to form the other company. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 22ish (enough to fill the "offensive and defensive" teams of an American football team).

For what's been done with port so far, they could have brought in a completely unrelated team and done the port. Especially since this involves PS3 and apparently most of the old Team Ninja was only wanting to work on X360. I imagine the port could have turned out worse if the original team members stayed.

Regards,
SB

Does the online co-op work on the demo? I could only play co-op with the CPU.

Or does it not exist and I thought that online co-op is a new feature in the complete game?

demo is offline only.
but complete game has online coop

They tweaked so much about the gameplay.
-fixed ridiculous enemy tracking.
-no more senseless projectile spam, actual weapons fights instead.
-VERY HIGH enemy hit points. Takes 2 Izuna drops to kill IS ninjas on Master with a lvl 3 sword.
-enemies now block and dodge!! AI very similar to NG1!

Overall much better.

-no more senseless projectile spam, actual weapons fights instead.
I was curious about that. I hated projectiles in NGS, and from what I've seen from NG2 gameplay the situation was somehow much worse. But in NGS2 demo, even on hard it didn't bother me.

My biggest problems with NGS were too much (in fact pretty much only) uninspired monster fighting after the demo level, lame projectile weapons and backtracking.

I was curious about that. I hated projectiles in NGS, and from what I've seen from NG2 gameplay the situation was somehow much worse. But in NGS2 demo, even on hard it didn't bother me.

My biggest problems with NGS were too much (in fact pretty much only) uninspired monster fighting after the demo level, lame projectile weapons and backtracking.

In NG2 (360) there's little backtracking involved and generally puzzle solving is limited compared to NG1.
I'm guessing it'll be the case with NGS2 as well (they're the same games after all).

Projectiles were indeed the most annoying in NGS2. Judging from the demo (MN)they removed some of the agressiveness in the enemy projectile and added the "unescapable" enemy throws which spam much more often, insane heatlh to the red ninjas (3 Izuna Drops do NOT kill one), tweaked the enemy's resiliance to desmembering combos ( completely new combos and tactics must be used for efficiency). There was a sense of satisfaction after clearing a room full of IS ninjas on MN in NG2 though, i hope the new teaks will give us the same overall experience.
It will be a more different experience than Sigma 1 was from NG1, which is probably a good thing, i'm getting it even though i own the 360 version :smile:

I traded in my 360 version as Sigma approached. I played through Master Ninja Mode a few times and beat all the TOVs. Sigma 2 will be a breathe of fresh air compared to that. I don't mind the throws. They are easy to see coming and dodge. The projectiles were for the most part completely inescapable and forced the player to abuse invincibilty frames over and over. Limiting your move set to UTs and a few moves per weapon.

@ Oboro Shogun - i'm hoping NGS2 will be the definitive version in terms of balance as well.

btw, have you found a 100% working dismember combo for IS ninjas with the level 3 sword in the demo? (i haven't...might have better luck with level 4) :)

Oh dang, I didn't know that basically the entire core of Team Ninja quit and formed their own company.

Tokyo Vikings says that, but Team Ninja says otherwise. Someone'd have to go over the NG2 credits list, the NGS2 credits list and Tokyo Vikings' first game's credit list to know for sure.

For those that have played both, is the framerate/slowdown improved over the X360 version. I probably won't pick this up right away (or at all), but may consider doing so if it is improved.

If you're thinking of double dipping strictly based on framerate, then I wouldn't bother. There are many impressions from the demo from people who have played NG2 and some say it's better while others say it's the same.

Cool, thanks.

I guess I'll wait for the inevitable analysis.
I'm also curious to see what has been added, but with so many good games coming out (or are out), it's definitely a game that I can wait for used or when there is a price drop.

For the PS3, GOWIII is at the top of my list this year.

Well they have increased the IQ noticeably (lighting, resolution among other things) there's coop mode (separate from SP campaign) three female playable characters with their own missions, new weapons enemies and bosses, and they've tweaked the entire game (like how many enemies there are and how they attack) to be more balanced, like they no longer spam projectiles etc. On the downside, there's noticeably more tearing and they've removed a lot of the gore.

Here are some comparison shots.

Well they have increased the IQ noticeably (lighting, resolution among other things) there's coop mode (separate from SP campaign) three female playable characters with their own missions, new weapons enemies and bosses, and they've tweaked the entire game (like how many enemies there are and how they attack) to be more balanced, like they no longer spam projectiles etc. On the downside, there's noticeably more tearing and they've removed a lot of the gore.

Here are some comparison shots.
Supposedly, the final code won't have much tearing or something, right? On a personal note, I prefer the purple particle effects.

Back