[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/07/24/559872.aspx

Time to be NGII's bitch yet again. Mission Mode out today/tomorrow! 800pts will be spent, along with 800cussword screams, 800controller tosses and 800 tears :( Fiend costume is mine!!!

14sosy.jpg

jai64g.jpg

There was a pretty big bug introduced that would basically render your game save unplayable at a certain point - I think it has been since removed with a patch (level 10 bug if I'm not mistaken)

Jack

When I first got it and played through it, there were not any bugs that I encountered. There have been bugs added by a patch that helped out performance and it's still being worked on.

There was a pretty big bug introduced that would basically render your game save unplayable at a certain point - I think it has been since removed with a patch (level 10 bug if I'm not mistaken)

Jack

Has it? Last I heard it was still there. They fixed part of the bug, but not all of it.

Edit: What RobertR1 said.

I beleive so - I'm ashamed to admit it, but I havent't even finished it yet - I got it about 36 hours before Metal Gear Solid 4, and well...that took precidence for a loooong time! I'm just now starting back up and am around level 8 or 9 - but I'll let you know when I get there this weekend!

FYI - anyone looking to play the game outta at least dl the fiend outfit - it's pretty badass looking and I just pretend I'm the guyver on crack!

:)

Jack

Tried the demo, and I have to say the combat is indeed badass.

Trouble is, I am having difficulties with all the "jumping/wall running to the next level" parts. I just can't seem to pull it off. Frustrating. Any general tips for someone who has not played these types of games very much?

I'd have bought it already if not for the damn jumping/wall running issues.

Trouble is, I am having difficulties with all the "jumping/wall running to the next level" parts. I just can't seem to pull it off. Frustrating. Any general tips for someone who has not played these types of games very much?

Play prince of persia?

:) Just kidding

It's a timing and space issue - you just kind of have to get used to it! Keep playing - it'll click after a little while! I myself and seldom on the ground in most fights - I resort to mostly flying about the room!

:)

Jack

That took me a little time to get also as this was my first action game period. Jump towards the wall and hold the controller in that direction. He'll wall run till he can't anymore. Then you can either jump off to another wall if possible, jump away or come straight down.

It's time to trade it in :(

I realized that I don't have the time required to spend with NG2 on the normal difficulty. First time around I'd beaten it on the easiest difficulty and even that was a challenge. Normal is a big jump up from that. I'm sure I can work my way through it but I rather send it off while it's still worth good money for a trade in and pick it up later at a much cheaper price. Still love you NG2! but you're too damn hard :(

It's time to trade it in :(

I realized that I don't have the time required to spend with NG2 on the normal difficulty. First time around I'd beaten it on the easiest difficulty and even that was a challenge. Normal is a big jump up from that. I'm sure I can work my way through it but I rather send it off while it's still worth good money for a trade in and pick it up later at a much cheaper price. Still love you NG2! but you're too damn hard :(
I'm with you. Path of the Acolyte was enough for me.

Once upon a time when I was a poor school kid I would have savoured the challenge of completing the game, making it last me months. Now, there's just too little time, and too many great games coming out very soon (Viva Pinata this week, and my girlfriend is actually counting down with me :p) I'm trading it in very shortly.

So I picked this one up. Really liking it so far. I'm at the end of the 2nd level, and I am starting to get used to the controls (and camera).

I had a similar experience as Paranoia when about 10 enemies charged me in the 2nd level. Instead of crapping my pants, I was like "Oh hell yeah!"

I am now fighting the spider-looking boss at the end of level 2, and I'm kind of stuck (Acolyte). Damn thing keeps biting my head off and killing me. Doesn't help that there are other spider clan bastards attacking me too.

Help?

So I picked this one up. Really liking it so far. I'm at the end of the 2nd level, and I am starting to get used to the controls (and camera).

I had a similar experience as Paranoia when about 10 enemies charged me in the 2nd level. Instead of crapping my pants, I was like "Oh hell yeah!"

I am now fighting the spider-looking boss at the end of level 2, and I'm kind of stuck (Acolyte). Damn thing keeps biting my head off and killing me. Doesn't help that there are other spider clan bastards attacking me too.

Help?

Spam flying swallow on the guys. Then block/dodge until you learn it's pattern. After it does an attack, it's vulnerable. Then dash up and do a light combo. Something like XXX. Then block dash or jump roll away. That's not the end boss of level 2. Trust me, you'll really hate him.... A tip on the real end boss on level do. Don't attempt flying swallow or jumping attacks.

If you haven't, get your dragon sword upgraded to level two. Then learn and learn to love the Izuna drop. Keep the sword at level 2. Once you get the Sycthe, upgrade it to level 3 fast from saved up essence.

Back