[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

Tried the demo, and I have to say the combat is indeed badass.

Trouble is, I am having difficulties with all the "jumping/wall running to the next level" parts. I just can't seem to pull it off. Frustrating. Any general tips for someone who has not played these types of games very much?

I'd have bought it already if not for the damn jumping/wall running issues.

NG platforming isn't that hard. Just pick a jump point and adjust it accordingly. The control and movement is fixed. Don't try it randomly, it'll only lead to frustration.

If you want to see some difficult ninja platforming, try PS2 Shinobi.

God damn it!

The boss battles are too hard (and I'm told they only get worse). The combat leading up to them is absolutely fabulous, but the boss battles are turning me off.

Genshin is beating my ass pretty badly. It seems like he knows which direction I'm going to dodge, and for some reason I seem to always end up with my back to him. This is not good. I am not good. I need a rocket launcher or something :)

I'd love to play this game and just skip the boss battles.

kotaku.com has an article about it, but it has scans so don't post a direct link here. Yep, you guys are so strict.

This fall, Ninja Gaiden Σ 2 is coming to Sony's PLAYSTATION 3. The game is a PS3 remake of the "Only on Xbox 360" title Ninja Gaiden II. The game will have PSN support as well as new content.

I wonder if it will look better.
Tecmo have completely shed all vestiges of their longstanding Xbox support, since the departure of Itagaki.
The turnaround is quite remarkable.

Last edited by a moderator:
They ought to have time for more polish with most of the asset creation already done. Improvements to the Sigma 1 engine will be interesting to see.

New bosses and enemies :?:

I wonder if it will look better.
Tecmo have completely shed any vestige of their longstanding Xbox support, since the departure of Itagaki.
It's quite remarkable.

Uh, they still support the Xbox. And they've released their titles there first. They haven't stopped supporting the Xbox - they just don't hold Itagaki's preferences...and believe they can create the same experience on the PS3 (whether they can is another matter)

This is good news. Fix the bugs, reduce the projectile spam and it would be a stunning game. Always good to see good games reach more gamers.

The X360 version is fine, some of the boss battles are difficult but some of them are very easy also, you just have to know how to defeat them and have some spare life replenishers to use during the battles. And also make sure you use maxed out weapons and magic.

The camera wasn't all that bad, the game even lets you adjust the camera settings in the options menu. I didn't have any major issues with the camera.

It was probably one of the worst cameras this-gen. But it's historically bad, having to hit the trigger to recenter your screen is traditional. Hell, when I bought NG for the original Xbox you couldn't even move the camera with the right stick.

This is sarcasm right?

Robert told me he hates people that own PS3s. He won't be friends with them. I think he's serious. He wants PS3 users to suffer. He also told me that MGS4, LBP and Killzone2 are for losers, and that anyone that plays them is a loser and a bad person.

Robert told me he hates people that own PS3s. He won't be friends with them. I think he's serious. He wants PS3 users to suffer. He also told me that MGS4, LBP and Killzone2 are for losers, and that anyone that plays them is a loser and a bad person.

haha, just checking!

Honestly, I was fine with the camera, but I had more problems with projectiles and too many enemies on screen (frame problems).

Appreciate your honesty.

Back