[360, PS3] Crysis 2

That's pretty weird, but I wont complain.

Looks like we'll get Pier 17 for real this time. Would be nice to see another new map in place of Skyline but ah well.

Also wonder if they've improved any bugs. They said killcam will be improved maybe that will be in. I also think we should make Aistrong check the resolution for the 45th time just in case anythings changed...j/k

Last edited by a moderator:
Release is March 22. If they can't have a good build up soon, they may be in trouble. ^_^
Competition is stiff. There are quite a few anticipated FPSes this year on the PS3 too. Might want to explore the PC + PS3 Steam bundle like Portal 2.

I thought this part is about vertical res:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1528703&postcount=2290

Edit: Nope, it's 1024x720

Edit 2: Button indicators are stretched, how could they screw up something like that?

Only if the capture screen was really more 'stretched' than the original, could cause a misleading in the count of the pixels, because the sample analized should be a little wider than that but I'm not so sure. Sorry for my macaronic english.

Last edited by a moderator:
Multiplayer map flythroughs.

"Pier 17" map.

"Skyline" map.

"Parking Deck" map.

"Impact" map.

"City hall" map.

Avoid them if you dont want your experience spoiled. Also yes they are from a beta leak that was stolen/leaked and uploaded to the wild some week ago. Btw the multiplayer demo for C2 will be out this tuesday for 360/PC.

Pity, might download the demo and see how it runs. Do you think upgrading to Windows 7 will help?

I'm afraid not, it's a more powerful GPU that you need. The one you're using is roughly in the ballpark of RSX but without Cell helping it out I doubt it'll be able to keep up with either console version.

Most likely even though DX10 will make SSGI take less time to render so it will not present a bottleneck like in DX9. That said demo is just around the corner to test it out (thuesday).

Very interesting and honest interview. He even added the note that console version(s) are 1152x720. Also no wonder they squezed out every ounce out perfomance from both consoles (and certainly the PC to with DX11) considering their skills, development time of CE3, 5 years into console gen and their results.

Very interesting and honest interview. He even added the note that console version(s) are 1152x720. Also no wonder they squezed out every ounce out perfomance from both consoles (and certainly the PC to with DX11) considering their skills, development time of CE3, 5 years into console gen and their results.

But I thought PS3 was 1024X720?

Guess we'll really have to wait for the demo. :) Kind of silly now that they put out the earlier 360 beta, but I suppose it's part of their hype train, and the work was already done from the closed beta. Now they can (hopefully) show something with closer-to-final code.

Back