[360, PS3] Crysis 2

The graphics look really nice, but it also looks uninspired. I'll try it out, but I don't think it'll pull me away from Bad Company 2 for long.

Got psyched when I heard the demo was out and immediately downloaded. It is as I feared, Crysis turned into a CoD clone. Not really my kind of game, but a lot of people like that stuff apparently.

It looks great for an Xbox game, though that's like winning the NIT. sadface

I don't actually remember them mentioning that, but it's there regardless. The temporal AA is, at least; you can see some ghosting on the wind turbines.

In this article they mention how the console versions are going to be 730p30 with no AA. I know originally the console versions weren't going to have OMB, but they found a way to fit it in, maybe it's the same case for AA.

give option to disable v sync to get maximum framerate.

Wouldn't that also give it a variable frame rate? I find an inconsistent frame rate to create more problems with controls.

I actually like the aiming as it is. It's got enough auto-aim to be sure you're actually aiming near your target, yet it still requires skill to get decent shots.

There's auto-aim? I thought the source of all the "laggy" controller comments was due to the game not having any aim assist.

It's noticeable in other shooters, but I don't notice it at all in Crysis 2.

With maximum tearing too right ?

In Crysis there was this post process effect that when your suit took to much damage your visir image dispaly system would fail. The effect was mainly created with chromatic aberration and tearing. So yes "tearing" even with vsync enabled so yes maximum tearing for bad players (unless effect is gone for Crysis 2).

Well come on, the nanosuit is cutting edge technology! :)

Not the old one.

I made a thread @Crymod requesting that those who have an XB360 and video recording equipment make some videos of specific subjects/tasks. Not much luck so far, but it you meet the criteria you could help out too :p

http://crymod.com/thread.php?postid=767571

I saw a gameplay video showing some interesting bits. For example most or some fooliage reacts to bullet hits and player interaction. The cabbage, the fern bushes.

Do people really think this is sub HD?

I have to say it also looks blurry and subhd to me, but I think it may be from all that post processing they are doing. I do game mostly on pc now so all console stuff looks old and outdated to me, but 360 games usually at least look reasonably sharp on my tv. For example Castlevania looks nice and sharp on my tv. Still has aliasing from just being 720p, but it all looks super sharp. This game really doesn't. I'm going to try it on a smaller tv from a longer viewing distance and see if that changes my perception of things.

Can't say I like their aa method either, but then again I don't like any post process aa methods so far. Plain old msaa works best to me by far, whereas these custom aa methods seem to either work in a limited manner, blur everything, or introduce new ugly visual artifacts. Maybe one day someone will create a method I like, but we're definitely not there yet.

Lighting looks nice though.

Seems like this build will be the cookie cutter build.

Enhanced Aim:Way to over powered it makes crysis 2 guns behave like Mw2 bad thing takes away the skill

Proximity Alarm:Warns about enemies close by even cloaked ones just a simple beep sound which repeats itselfs faster when enemies comes closer

cloak tracker: You can track cloaked enemies better but nothing beats nano vision for sniffing out those stealthy players.

Back