[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Changes from stress test I noticed (maybe Dragonelite can chime in)

All the splash screens, death screens etc are a lot higher quality.

It's a lot harder, I guess all the COD monsters jumped into this game. In stress test I could hold my own, here I'm typically getting slaughtered. I guess a bunch of people are probably leveled up to hell and back already in 3 hours too :LOL:

The SCAR model seems better, but I think it's because now it defaults to red dot instead of iron, which makes the model a lot bigger.

I think they've turned up the damage, just a few shots seems to kill now, moreso than the test.

The lighting and character models look fantastic... but that IQ.... :cry::oops:...errrrgggghh!

Really spoils it for me...

I shudder to think what the PS3 version will look like after these.... definitely not "one of the best looking games on all consoles" :rolleyes:

Ahh the old "take crappy quality shots and judge the game". What is the compression turned up to on those jpegs 400%? 171 KB for a 720P shot?

I still remember when you guys did that with a low quality flash video months ago...too which then I showed every game looks bad on LQ flash video stills.

I'm going to say any game looks bad in direct feed.

The best looking game on console.

Anyways Skyline is not the best looking C2 level. But it still looks awesome.

Do people really think this is sub HD?

But I just dont get it, it's the EXACT SAME GAME as all those videos people were raving about two pages ago, but suddenly it's trash?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some videos of latest 360 end-user multiplayer demo/beta (edit: first is promo video by EA).

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they hadn't used the Skylines map for the demo; it's probably got the worst IQ out of all the levels we've seen. Textures are pretty high quality, lighting is phenomenal in some parts, but it really just feels unfinished and rushed. The church/cathedral map or the night/parking lot would've been a better choice, IMHO.

Overall, though, I'm pretty impressed.

I agree.This map is like something out of MW2,even worse.Very small,colors are Halo like etc.Free Radical fell of hard.I don't like the look and feel of Crysis 2 mp except for the Pier and that church level.

I wish they hadn't used the Skylines map for the demo; it's probably got the worst IQ out of all the levels we've seen. Textures are pretty high quality, lighting is phenomenal in some parts, but it really just feels unfinished and rushed. The church/cathedral map or the night/parking lot would've been a better choice, IMHO.Overall, though, I'm pretty impressed.

I agree the other maps in the vids looked more impressive.

So, that nice looking video was from the PC version?

If then at 360 settings as that is quite a stark stepback from previous Crysis games but still very nice.

Heres a video from latest beta from rooftop map (should be the 720p version one). Seems pretty much identical.

I think the game looks great, at least from what little I played this morning. Only thing to catch my eye is the shadows fading in as you approached buildings and such.

If the game is sub-HD, I'll be shocked since the game looked pretty damn sharp on my TV

According to one of their siggraph talks, they use temporal AA in the back and a half-pixel offset blur in front.

I thought they don't use any form of AA on consoles, right?

I think the game looks great, at least from what little I played this morning. Only thing to catch my eye is the shadows fading in as you approached buildings and such.

If the game is sub-HD, I'll be shocked since the game looked pretty damn sharp on my TV

I thought they don't use any form of AA on consoles, right?
I don't actually remember them mentioning that, but it's there regardless. The temporal AA is, at least; you can see some ghosting on the wind turbines.

lol played 4 hours straight and maxed everything out in levels.
Gotta love host advantage. But really cryteck and Ea crysis 2 could use dedicated servers. Aiming feels wonky just like killzone 2 so hopefully they can iron it out or give option to disable v sync to get maximum framerate.

Stealth isn't a hassle you can get proximity sensor that beeps when the enemy is close and you have nano vision(replaced thermal from the alpha) which shows stealthy enemies. And the stealth module has a stealth tracker so when a enemy goes in too stealth mode you can see it happening for like 1 sec.

lol played 4 hours straight and maxed everything out in levels.
Gotta love host advantage. But really cryteck and Ea crysis 2 could use dedicated servers. Aiming feels wonky just like killzone 2 so hopefully they can iron it out or give option to disable v sync to get maximum framerate.
I actually like the aiming as it is. It's got enough auto-aim to be sure you're actually aiming near your target, yet it still requires skill to get decent shots.

Those videos look good. Certainly there are jaggies but it's not as bad as some people claim. Everything else looks very good (lighting is the best in the business, that's for sure).

I actually like the aiming as it is. It's got enough auto-aim to be sure you're actually aiming near your target, yet it still requires skill to get decent shots.

Yeah but for me taste not responsive enough to play without auto aim so im forced to play with it because the handicap is just way to big.
Still have to see how the game plays when im not the host hope the experience is the same i heard a some complaining about lag. Hope they can get the aiming to feel like between bad company 2 and Halo:Reach in the release version.

2 months before release and Crytek hands down is going for the "worst PR" award this gen,and it seems like they ain't lettin it go :LOL: MP demo is nail in coffin...this map fucking sucks,far to fast paced...every other we seen was better,much less CODish and better looking and they pick this one.Oh my...:rolleyes:

Back