[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Did Crytek UK (free radical) work on the PS3 MP only, or did they work on both systems? A separate team worked on the SP? The PS3 footage looks a lot smoother than the MP demo. Wonder if the retail game is smoother than the demo, or if the MP portion of the PS3 version isn't smooth.

WoW ! IF thats how its gonna look on my TV+Ps3, I have no complaints !

It wll look better on tv (at least that's is always the case for my tv :LOL:).

Did Crytek UK (free radical) work on the PS3 MP only, or did they work on both systems? A separate team worked on the SP? The PS3 footage looks a lot smoother than the MP demo. Wonder if the retail game is smoother than the demo, or if the MP portion of the PS3 version isn't smooth.

Whole MP portion is made by Crytek UK (for all systems).

I’m playing the 360 version right now and WOW, it surpasses the multiplayer demo in every way, it not blurry like the multiplayer was, is supper sharp I would even say that is looks like a 1280X720P game even do I have no way to count pixels, but just comparing it with the MP demo. The lighting is just impressive and dynamic, the AA works, the texture filtering is a lot better than MP, the only thing is the framerate, it sometimes goes down into the 20-25, but believe me you are gonna know why. :smile:

Edit: Followed advice from bellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Crysis 2's 3D tech is unbelievable. If other games can do 3D this well, then we're on board."

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/c...a-20110318172040751056/g-20090601103043632061

"and after a comparison assessment, we think Crysis 2’s 3D is miles ahead of Killzone 3’s – even with Killzone using those fancy-pants active-shutter glasses. With Killzone we noticed some significant jaggies that don’t seem to synch well with the 3D, as well as some not-insignificant ghostly double images around much of the environment. It also hurt our eyes something fierce after only a couple of minutes."

"With Crysis 2, while the 3D isn’t utterly free of flicker or a slightly darkened screen, the effect is much, much cleaner. We were able to play the game continuously for hours with only slight eye discomfort (of course this will vary from person to person). The shocking thing is that the game seems to suffer next to zero image or framerate degradation. If it’s there, we couldn’t detect it. So you can see why we’re in disbelief: Crysis 2, running on a 360, with a smooth framerate, in 3D, with the same (as far as we could see) graphical fidelity as 2D. It’s astonishing. During the brief parts of the campaign that we played in 2D, we found ourselves jonesing to put it back in 3D like some heroin addict that needs to inject Horse straight into his eyeballs."

Looking up what reviewers are saying about Cryteks final 3D implementation it seems Cameron (Avatar movie director) after all was honest when he credited Cryteks 3D solution.

"Shots fired!"
shootsfiredcu4a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it seems from reviews that the "fake" 3D done well may end up less straining and more eye pleasing than the "real" 3D...of course it has the big advantage of not needed to halve the graphics.

I've heard it mentioned a couple times that C2 is actually better in 3D, which is not something you dont hear too often about 3D. You usually hear that it's a eye straining gimmick you turn off.

It's probably the best S3D option for current gen consoles. True S3D shoulb be leaved to PSN/XBLA games or some 60fps retail titles (such things exist? :p)

I don't think you are going to get people saying the implementation of 3d is better on Crysis, when the technical implementation of 3d is better in KZ3. It's like saying baked GI in KZ3 is better than real-time GI Crysis 2.

I'm not in the "all real time" crowd, I think good baked GI is better becouse it saves resources for other things. Same can be said about fake S3D, thanks to that we can have AAA console titles in near 720p or 720p resolution :)

When the Crysis 2 thread is closed i will post it here.

The AI is not so superb like Crytek is telling us. The AI is sometime cheating (they saw me when i was behind wall and shooting into the wall). Another problem with AI they stuck into objects like walls,barrels etc. I have seen better AI like in KZ3. There are a lot of bugs with shadows too. I am not so impresed with CryEngine 3 now.

Gamesradar hands-on. Tuesday the review.

the game looks unbelievable – whether in 2D, 3D, or any platform of your choice.

Crysis 2 is not only possibly the most amazing-looking console game ever, but it even does so without creating a reality-sucking singularity inside your PS3 or 360.

The shocking thing is that the game seems to suffer next to zero image or framerate degradation. If it’s there, we couldn’t detect it. So you can see why we’re in disbelief: Crysis 2, running on a 360, with a smooth framerate, in 3D, with the same (as far as we could see) graphical fidelity as 2D. It’s astonishing.

I’m playing the 360 version right now and WOW, it surpasses the multiplayer demo in every way, it not blurry like the multiplayer was, is supper sharp I would even say that is looks like a 1280X720P game even do I have no way to count pixels, but just comparing it with the MP demo. The lighting is just impressive and dynamic, the AA works, the texture filtering is a lot better than MP, the only thing is the framerate, it sometimes goes down into the 20-25, but believe me you are gonna know why. :smile:

Edit: Followed advice from bellow.

I hope the fps in the ps3 version will goes more steady thank to the less lines.

To those that have already been able to play the retail game: Can you choose the suit voice?

The beta had this really obnoxious kinda robotic male voice, and I'm 99% sure that I was able to pick a much nicer sounding female voice in Crysis 1.

Back