[360, PS3] BF:BC2 and BF 1943 online

Hey, I'm not a wookie hater... I love having good recons on my team and help them out all the time... re-supply, savior kills, health, etc.... but I don't think they killed the class, just reconfigured it. You get to carry an extra motion sensor now and they reduced the rearm time. :)

Has this patch been deployed to the consoles yet? I was playing yesterday, and I didn't notice any difference. My wookie still only had two motion sensor mines also. :D

Has this patch been deployed to the consoles yet? I was playing yesterday, and I didn't notice any difference. My wookie still only had two motion sensor mines also. :D

not yet... heard both consoles were in certification process

Patch coming on May 11th.

Patch Details
Coming Tuesday, May 11th an update introducing multiple balance adjustments will go live for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Battlefield Bad Company 2. Included in this update are all the changes previously found in the Ch Ch Changes Blog Post as well as some additional tweaking and tuning based on feedback from our ever vocal PC community. You can find the list of the most recent changes below,

Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.

Included in this update are also all the changes previously found in the Ch Ch Changes Blog Post

SAIGA nerf. Awesome. I have to say, I abused it to rank up my recon and engineer, but I honestly like the M60 and some of the assault guns better.

console patch (as detailed above) is out... server side

also

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...5-million.aspx

Onslaught mode is coming.

Quote:
Onslaught is bringing co-op gameplay to Battlefield for the first time on console. The new game mode puts you and up to three friends against the enemy on Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Inocentes and Nelson Bay – redesigned with new lighting, time of day, added vehicles and other effects. Each map has a dedicated gameplay focus, requiring different levels of teamwork in order to complete the objectives against an onslaught of enemy AI. Vehicle warfare comes to the forefront in Atacama Desert while Nelson Bay focuses squarely on infantry assault. Players can compete in squads and check individual progress via the dedicated Onslaught leaderboards.

After leveling up the soldier class, I finally leveled up the engineer class as well. I have started now with the healer class - as always, first steps with a new class are tough. The same happend with engineer, where I was happy to make some points at the beginning. Unlocking a few things and you get unstoppable (I loved hunting tanks with the engineer, they don't have a chance!!). At the end, I could win again some rounds with this class, and gained up to 3k battle points in some battles (place some smart mines, and watch a fully manned tank go down is poetry).

For me it is clear, that BF BC2 is the best online FPS available. There is simple no obvious flaw in MP, every game makes ultimate fun! The best and fundamental base of the game is the extremely well thought out and deep EXP system - you really get awarded in this game, and that is what counts!

To support DICE (hoping that they make me another Mirrors Edge :D) I bought the Onslaught DLC - costed 9 EUROS. Adds missions based Coop mode, with up to 4 players in a squad. Tried it briefly and it seems to be good fun. Team Work is again massively needed, because it was extremely difficult (we could not finish the maps we tried...)

EDIT: judging the graphics of this game....it is really a looker, especially the effects, explosion, debris smoke - king of the show is def the sound and sound effects. I hope that they include AA in their next iteration and I hope that they improve the shadow resolution - the rest is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder when the Vietnam DLC will release and how much it will cost?
Furthermore, are all stats reseted to zero, i.e. I have to begin from the start (which I would prefer) or is my experience translated to the DLC??

I wonder when the Vietnam DLC will release and how much it will cost?
Furthermore, are all stats reseted to zero, i.e. I have to begin from the start (which I would prefer) or is my experience translated to the DLC??
My understandoing is that release is before end of calender year and the price will be $14.99.

All stats are carried over to Vietnam and vice versa. (from some interview)

My understandoing is that release is before end of calender year and the price will be $14.99.

All stats are carried over to Vietnam and vice versa. (from some interview)

Ah, thanks for the info - 14.99 is not much for 4 new maps, new weapons, vehicles and such...cool!

with the stats, I hoped to get a fresh start.

I have fully upgraded soldier, engineer and healer class - sniper class is nothing for me, I skip this class.

Maybe I just start from zero anyway with the Vietnam DLC...

Did they ever fix the crippling lag one of the title updates added? I sold mine after that.

yes. it was great after the final fix (allegedly they changed servers)

I sold it for Halo Reach but will probably pick it up again for the new content. :p

I'm jumping back into this. Passing on Black OPS. I remember having quite a lot of fun playing and it was cool due to the teamwork aspects of it.

Back