[360, PS3] BF:BC2 and BF 1943 online

I know most of you are playing online, but for those of you who have completed the SP campaign, about how long is it?

I played it on normal difficulty...I started at 5 in the afternoon and finished the campaign at midnight. So in my playthrough it was exactly 7 hours (counting in, that I often died...I suppose that a better gamer can beat it in less than 7 hours on normal difficulty).

But despite beeing ultra short, it is a superb campaign with great graphics and what counts the most: super entertaining without making me bored one second!

But despite beeing ultra short, it is a superb campaign with great graphics and what counts the most: super entertaining without making me bored one second!

yea the SP graphics are breathtaking and it is certainly a wild ride (have not finished yet though)

As much as I enjoy realistic/military shooters for MP, i don't I'm a fan of SP for these games.

The SP in this game is very generic, to me. According to achievements, I'm 5 levels from the end and at this point, I really stopped caring about what's going in. The graphics are good but the game itself doesn't do anything for me. I just play it when I'm waiting on people for the MP side of things.

The MP is downright crack though. That's why I bought it :)

So today I was playing & reached level 13 and I donno how but I unlocked that burst pistol that's supposed to unlock @ level 19. lol

Anyways with the burst pistol unlocked I now have only 3 trophies left to platinum this game:

1) Reach level 22
2) Get 20 Demolish kills in MP
3) Demolish 50 buildings in SP

Now the first one will come by itself as time passes, the second one too depends on luck & I'm sure it'll come by itself too but the 3rd one is a bitch..mainly cause its hard to find a building in the SP that you can actually demolish to a pile of crap. I mean everytime I try to demolish a building I'll either be greeted by an indestructible wall or pillar right when I am almost done with the building. wtf !

Keep doing the tank level over and over? you can sit there and level that town repeatedly. 2 sections. Tank and UAV.

Keep doing the tank level over and over? you can sit there and level that town repeatedly. 2 sections. Tank and UAV.
Oh..didn't think about that.
Anyways I just got this trophy..there's this part in Crack the sky where you have to go downhill through rooftops & every building in that area is destructible. All I had to do was destroy the first 5 using C4 & then restart from last checkpoint & keep doing it over & over again...I did till 25 & it was then when I got the trophy.

Only 2 left & I guess Warrant Officer & Demolition Man will take a lot of time.

How did you get Destuction 2.0 so fast if you're only level 9? and the 5 knife kills on friends? private games?
That is the Demolition Man trophy & I am yet to score even a single kill using destruction.

As for Knife well I usually join one of my friends and chances are that there are already atleast 7-8 of my friends playing in those public servers...a few times I ended up in the opposite team so it was easy for me to get those knife kills in populated servers. And only played 1 private game,that was a few days ago & I couldn't knife even a single guy since they are all bloody good at this game when we are playing 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7.

P.S.[I'm level 13]

Ok, noob question:

when I play MP, online (PS3):

I choose, "play now"
then I get into a map rotation and cool games, supber action, tons of fun, bla bla bla...but after some hours, I want to quit!

how do I quit the game, without loosing my stats of the last game?!?!?!!?

when the map is finished, the only thing I can do is press X to jump into the next fight...where is the QUIT game button?!

during a game, when I press START, I do have the option...QUIT game...but when I use this and then check my stats, the last game did not count (for instance, I had a lucky game yesterday...but after quiting, my 7k points are lost and even the unlockes are re-set...)

some help is very appreciated!!

Uh you stats get counted even if you quit....there have been times when I have been promoted to a new rank in a game & then I have quit the match only to see my new rank still being intact.

The thing is the game saves a lot of times in between while playing the MP, so if you see a saving icon on the top right corner then you know that you can quit without losing anything you have so far.Gaining any more point would mean you have to wait till it saves again for the stats to be updated.

Uh you stats get counted even if you quit....there have been times when I have been promoted to a new rank in a game & then I have quit the match only to see my new rank still being intact.

The thing is the game saves a lot of times in between while playing the MP, so if you see a saving icon on the top right corner then you know that you can quit without losing anything you have so far.Gaining any more point would mean you have to wait till it saves again for the stats to be updated.

Really?!?!?!
I quited yesterday the game, and even loose the rank I got, because I loose all my points!!
I check my stats today to see what happened

EDIT: seems that you are right...have to check it again more carefully

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone having problems with connecting to EA servers? I haven't been able to play the past couple nights because the game (360) said it couldn't connect to EA servers. Other people on my Friends list were playing, so I'm guessing it isn't a universal problem. I can play every other game online just fine, so I'm pretty sure there isn't a problem on my end. This really blows.

Question: I have now all the weapons according to the stats for the soldier...are there some hidden weapons for the soldier, or is the M16 the last special you get?

I have started now with the medic, to unlock his stuff...but man, I get destroyed every time :LOL::LOL: With the soldier I can get as much as 1k - 1.5k battle points...with the medic I only get 200-300. I hope this gets better when I can revive and heal!

BTW, when I talked about KZ2 MP, I complained that you don't get enough awards for the different actions you do (for instance, giving someone a medi pack!, reparing a ammo box gives you nothing)...so you have a game with ten million different classes with 10 million different abilities...but no one uses them, because you get the most points when running around and making some kills...and for me it is kind a hard to understand why they wasted so much time to introduce all this abilities and classes, but then in the actual game don't award you when you us them!!

Another thing: spawn enabled for ALL squad members, not only for the squad leader!!

In this respect, BC2 does everything right and is the far superior game...you get points for everything! Thus everyone is motivated to heal you, revive you, give you ammo, defend the flag, making headshots, repairing stuff,attacking the target of your sqad,....so even playing BC2 alone as none of my buddies likes FPS MP games...you get the feeling of being in-between the action and that the others care for you and fight with you trying to help you out (great idea with this ticket system as well!!) as they often get even points for this...

I hope GG learns this from DICE when dev-ing KZ3, because I think that is part of the reason why BC2 is one of the best MP games I have ever played and experienced!!

M16 is the last gun for assault.

It's easy to rack up points with the medic, once you get the med kit. Basically stick with the group and drop a kit at the feet of your squad as often as possible. The LMGs are very accurate at long to mid range if you tap the fire button. The first shot is deadly accurate. For short range, you can pretty much hold the trigger down and blast away. Once you get the red dot, and the paddles, it gets even easier. Being a medic, make sure you stay alive. Don't be the first one to rush in. Support your squad and keep them alive. Once you get the M60, you're a deadly killing machine.

Medic and assault are my favourite classes to play, by a long shot. Engineer and recon are fun too, but in general I like assault and medic the best. Recon on hardcore is pretty sucky, because the motion mines are garbage. Well, sniping is easier since you can't be spotted and all your bullets are deadly. But a game full of camping snipers is BORING.

It's easy to rack up points with the medic, once you get the med kit. Basically stick with the group and drop a kit at the feet of your squad as often as possible. The LMGs are very accurate at long to mid range if you tap the fire button. The first shot is deadly accurate. For short range, you can pretty much hold the trigger down and blast away. Once you get the red dot, and the paddles, it gets even easier. Being a medic, make sure you stay alive. Don't be the first one to rush in. Support your squad and keep them alive. Once you get the M60, you're a deadly killing machine.

Medic and assault are my favourite classes to play, by a long shot. Engineer and recon are fun too, but in general I like assault and medic the best. Recon on hardcore is pretty sucky, because the motion mines are garbage. Well, sniping is easier since you can't be spotted and all your bullets are deadly. But a game full of camping snipers is BORING.
Thanks for the hints!!
Yeah, the only aspect I don't like so much (but this is a general problem of MP FPS) is a game full of snipers. There is this one map, Laguna ..., which looks like Crysis.
This seems to be a sniper paradise, as they are hard to spot and the distance is long with some wide open spaces....then it is really hard to make some points. I usually switch to tank gameplay on this map, although I like run and gun better...

When you play as an assault, which weapon do you choose?
And what modifications?

When you play as an assault, which weapon do you choose?
And what modifications?

I haven't really played assault in a long time because I was working on the other kits. I tended to uses the XM8, M4A1 or the M16 with explosive grenades. For perks, usually red dot and ..... can't remember. The tip for using assault is to drop ammo for your squad as often as possible and use your grenade launcher to open up buildings. Don't bother running around a building to find the door. Just blow a hole in the side. Lots of times guys will position themselves inside to camp the doorways, so you'll either kill them because they're up against the wall, or you'll get a drop on them coming in from another direction. It's also a great way to get rid of guys camping in attics and upper floor windows.

Most of the assault guns can't be used as spray and pray weapons unless you're basically point blank range. Best method is to tap the trigger for one to three bullet bursts, depending on the gun. You can be deadly accurate at medium to long range.

Back