[360, PS3] BF:BC2 and BF 1943 online

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Tap In, Feb 6, 2009.

1. nightshade

nightshade Wookies love cookies!
    Veteran

I noticed something today, remember those smiley grenades in BFBC11 ?
    Well I was disappointed that we don't have them anymore in BFBC2.

But guess what, I was playing today & my game froze just when I my character was about to throw a nade & I guess what I saw there ? Yes...the grenade had a smiley pin :) .Its sad that we don't get to see it normally. I miss the humor of BFBC1, especially because there aren't any maps like Par for the Course , so much fun playing a war game on a golf field :lol:

2. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Any luck, nrp? Need our 4th man recon to do some spotting and mortar work!

3. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Do you guys think that Helicopters are too overpowered?
    I had a round in this dust map with the ship, where the other team managed to get two Helicopters! They absolutely dominated the whole round, as there was nothing one could do against them.

My team could only spawn in the base, where the Helicopters already waited with a rain of deadly rockets!

Is there a class which gets some kind of anti-Heli weapon? Maybe the engineer class??

I wonder if they could include some balancing to the Heli: they should just introduce some limited gas for the Heli, so that maybe after 5min it automatically have to stop?!!?

4. nightshade

Veteran

The thing about Heli is that they mostly go down in one proper RPG shot, atleast that's what I've experienced cause everytime I fire an RPG & it hits a chopper it goes down.

5. nintenho

Veteran

For helis, you should try using the laser-guided AT-4 rocket launcher with the extra explosives specialization so you have enough shots. Any chopper will go down in one hit and it's easy to do once you get the hang of aiming ahead. The AT-4 rocket launcher is the one that you can change the course of mid-flight.

Does anybody else think the AN-94 is the best assault rifle? The in-game stat says that it is less accurate than the M-16 but it doesn't feel that way because of the lower recoil (2 vs 3 shot burst).

6. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

which class has the AT-4 rocket available?

7. nightshade

Veteran

Engineer ofcourse...he's the only one with any kind of rocket launchers

8. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

thanks!

OT: why do you know that wookies love cookies...did they even have Internet in their forest :mrgreen:

9. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

Actually, yeah. Of all the weird things, the "fix" was signing out of Live, resetting my 360's date to 11/15/2005, and signing back in. Now I can play again.

I wish I'd found this "fix" before I'd bought another router, which I did because as I was fooling around with port forward I inadvertently borked the router so I couldn't access the Internet at all. So I got pissed and bought another router.

Oh well. Let's do some Squad Rush. I need that pin. I was sooo close to getting three road kills in a jeep yesterday. Gaddamn anti tank mine got me just before I would have mowed down the third victim.

10. woundingchaney

Regular

sorry wrong thread

11. Tap In

Legend

BC2 Patch (on PC, upcoming for PS3/360)

12. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

Meh. Nerf, Nerf, Nerf. Especially the Recon class.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Good thing the Reach beta is right around the corner.

13. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Those changes look like people with armor perk will be bullet sponges.

14. nightshade

Veteran

The hit detection is pretty off in this game as far as sniper rifle goes...& no its not the lag or due to a lag.
    Countless times I've quick scoped & shot the torso of the enemy only to get a direct headshot kill.

15. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

Sniper hit detection seems fine on the 360 version, at least to me.

Do you mean after the patch?

16. nightshade

Veteran

No..nothing to do with patch, just pointing it out.
    And I've done this on Xbox 360 ver. too.

17. Scott_Arm

Legend

I don't think it should be so bad. Other than decreasing the M60 (one of my favs :( ), there are a number of other weapons getting bumped up, and a number of other guns that should remain the same.

Shotguns and PP2000 are appropriately being nerfed. I'm not sure what the big deal with magnum ammo on a bolt action is. I pretty much never use magnum on the rifles anyway. Magnum on the shotgun, on the other hand, is a good nerf. No more long range shotgun combat.

18. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Mag on sniper in hardcore = instant death no matter where the contact is made.

With the nerf + health boost in hardcore, you might be able to live through a shot.

19. Tap In

Legend

well the changes look good to me... I'm looking forward to them... fewer mortar strikes and a FAST tracer dart to help eliminate the helicopter pests. and a slight nerf to the overpowered M60 with better long range power on the assault rifles as they should be.

of course I don;t play recon (or HC) so I can see why some may feel disappointed but maybe that will lower the number of recon wookies all over :)

20. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

There are a lot of "wookies" because it's actually fun to play the Recon class. These changes would seem to make it less fun. We'll see I guess.