[360, PS3] Assassin's Creed 2

Yeah, all tests indicate a somewhat better frame rate, no blur from QAA, but somewhat muted colors on the other hand.

Eurogamer has comparison screenshots if you care to look, and all I really noticed at casual glance is that the PS3 seems to be missing some self-shadowing on the characters. The world itself looked the same (except for the QAA). Obviously screenshots don't tell anything about framerate or tearing, though.

They have some HD commercials and some of the close up shots make it look almost like a fighting game.

Piazza San Marco looked fairly accurate, from the brief glimpses.

Graphically it doesnt look that great in fact it looks pretty bland, I have a feeling it wont sell as well as the first one ( I heard so many bad things about that game ). From what Ive read this + MW2 + mario bros wii seem to be the big titles this christmas, which doesnt seem particularly strong.

Graphically it doesnt look that great in fact it looks pretty bland, I have a feeling it wont sell as well as the first one ( I heard so many bad things about that game ). From what Ive read this + MW2 + mario bros wii seem to be the big titles this christmas, which doesnt seem particularly strong.

Not sure how you get that, its reviewing way higher than the first. The first had ratings from 6 to 10. For the 2nd the reviews seem to start above where the first one averaged.

Think the people who would be interested in MW2 wouldn't be immediately drawn to a game like this, and vice versa.

Mario is getting good reviews and is a *major* industry IP.

MW2 is a sequal to a game that stood toe-to-toe with Halo3 and sold well on the 360, PS3, and PC and had exceptionally high online activity 2 years after release (even in the face of a quasi sequel).

You have been having fun hating on big franchises as of late, but these two are very strong franchises. And based on critical reviews and sales MW2 is doing some amazingly strong movement in the market.

It isn't really true, imho. The real problems are horrible popup, fps and tearing (ps3 version) but the texture are very good & not only for a free roaming, characters models too considered the large amount of crows in the game. A pity that engine run like a shit, for the rest is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reviews are not getting me excited at all. Somehow the game looks bland when compared to AC 1. AC1 was artistically brilliant ! I had fallen in love with the cities! The brown tone totally puts me off in this one :( ! It feels cheap, not authentic ! I dunno, why is the guy wearing a robe, when everyone else on street seems to have evolved to different dresses? and his robe is half cut?!?!
AC felt like I was in that time period, this one doesn't feel like that. Or maybe If it is authentic, I don't like the look of this time period(which I refuse to believe as this was the period of awesome art and aesthetics !:mad:)

I'm 4hours into the game and the experience so far is, it's getting better. The opening is really lack luster and uninteresting, I thought AC1 did a better job at introduction. The graphics looked improved and a offers a much cleaner IQ than AC1. The visuals vary though, Florence is overall much better looking than other maps so far. The framerate chugs abit at least in PS3 version but didn't bother me too much. Gonna spend more time on it tonight.

Renegade, the color correction varies with the time of day and in bright sunshine everything looks nice and colorful. Some parts are not as good as I recall AC1 to have been, but overall it is a worthy sequel in every way. The screenshots don't do it justice.

The reviews are not getting me excited at all. Somehow the game looks bland when compared to AC 1. AC1 was artistically brilliant ! I had fallen in love with the cities! The brown tone totally puts me off in this one :( ! It feels cheap, not authentic ! I dunno, why is the guy wearing a robe, when everyone else on street seems to have evolved to different dresses? and his robe is half cut?!?!
AC felt like I was in that time period, this one doesn't feel like that. Or maybe If it is authentic, I don't like the look of this time period(which I refuse to believe as this was the period of awesome art and aesthetics !:mad:)

I know exactly how you feel. Initially I was rather underwhelmed. But boy, does it get better. I think Venice is probably the height of the AC series.

As a tribute to the game, I've made another time-lapse video.

Finished the game and what can I say, it's absolutely amazing in everyway (my GOTY if not my favorite ever). The only kind of weak thing about the game (if I had to pick something) are the graphics. And that's saying something since I loved those as well - much improved over the first. Everything from the art, style and lighting/color of each city is breathtaking, in my opinion. This is definitely one game that'll take you on a fantastic ride. I can't wait to see what they do with the next one, but I have a feeling it's going to require a lot of innovation.

I also hope they do something special for the PC version to make it worth the wait for those who don't own a console (DX11 support and use I hope).

Back