Assassin's Creed Mirage [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
Pre-order Assassin's Creed Mirage: https://assassinscreedmirage.com Coming October 12, 2023.
In Assassin’s Creed Mirage, you are Basim, a cunning street thief with nightmarish visions, seeking answers and justice. After an act of deadly retribution, Basim flees Baghdad and joins an ancient organization – The Hidden Ones. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed – one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.

Finally Assassins's creed is back to the Prince of persia roots. Yes it's the fourth game of the trilogy with a few tweaks to the gameplay.

But the music really doesn't go along with that game. It's awful. Maybe they could learn a few things with Prince of persia SNES glorious OST!

That's a no from me.
I will wait for the next rpg one.

It's not that I didn't enjoy quite a lot of old style AC, including Syndicate when it was a freebie, but my overall feeling was 'I can't be arsed with all that again'.

But, happy for those who haven't burned out on the older style (And it might turn out more interesting than I think atm)

I had such a good time with Odyssey in particular, can't wait for a current gen only RPG.

Yep, this is much what I expected. All the clamoring to bring back the 'classic' style Assassin's Creed, and then as soon as they do that, people all quickly remember why they were tired of it and wanted change.

Seeing so many people all over calling the gameplay 'dated' and whatnot.

This franchise is one that always interested me, but rarely got around to playing. I finished Black Flag which I liked quite a bit and have followed the RPG vs. not-RPG debate for years, but don't really have an opinion. My son swears by Origins as the best one and I might try it at some point. The one thing that I do think is that it should have stealth elements.

This franchise is one that always interested me, but rarely got around to playing. I finished Black Flag which I liked quite a bit and have followed the RPG vs. not-RPG debate for years, but don't really have an opinion. My son swears by Origins as the best one and I might try it at some point. The one thing that I do think is that it should have stealth elements.
Origins is good. But my favorite is Odyssey. I really liked this one. Don't even try Vallalha as it's bad compared to the 2 others.

Yep, this is much what I expected. All the clamoring to bring back the 'classic' style Assassin's Creed, and then as soon as they do that, people all quickly remember why they were tired of it and wanted change.

Seeing so many people all over calling the gameplay 'dated' and whatnot.

Keep in mind those likely aren't the same groups of people. :p

Regards,
SB

I wanted to like the old AC games so much...
But as soon as you get surrounded by 20 guards, and start executing them one (or two) at the time using parry/counter until they are all dead, it kind of kills the game for me...
The flashiest and at the same time shallowest combat in any game, imo.
The combat of the one set in the American revolution, felt like I was playing the most basic rhythm game of all time.

I think AC gets a bad rap from a technical point of view. The last 3 games for me have been right up there with the best looking games available. Granted, I've had to tweak all 3 via re-shade to bring them in line with my tastes (mostly colour grading and sharpening, with a few minor lighting enhancements) but once done, I personally enjoy the graphics hugely, and that's particularly impressive given the scope and density of the worlds without any loading screens.

On top of that they perform like a dream. Not just raw performance, but frame racing is some of the best I've experienced. I'm running Mirage right now at 3840x1600 with DLAA at a mostly locked 80fps, and it's smooth as silk.

Has anybody played the game? I think I might like as I was a fan as the original mechanics (apart from the queuing assailants), and didn't stick the RPG mechanics introduced in Origins made much sense, given a stab to the head is a steal to the head and is lethal, but NPC levels etc..

I like that it's shorter because I've not finished an AC game since Unity. I put forty to fifty hours into Odyssey but the bastard just wouldn't end and I got bored of it. Valhalla has the same problem, twelve hour mission tangents.

Has anybody played the game? I think I might like as I was a fan as the original mechanics (apart from the queuing assailants), and didn't stick the RPG mechanics introduced in Origins made much sense, given a stab to the head is a steal to the head and is lethal, but NPC levels etc..

I like that it's shorter because I've not finished an AC game since Unity. I put forty to fifty hours into Odyssey but the bastard just wouldn't end and I got bored of it. Valhalla has the same problem, twelve hour mission tangents.

I loved Origin. Beautiful, atmospheric and educational game. Then I had real problems getting into Odyssey and slugged myself through the years(I played it spuriously over 3 years or so) to open up everything because I hung at the first battleground. Then at Medusa I was completely locked and had to backtrack the save game.

That made me realise that the way I played the game as an Assassin just didn't work and that was around 160-170h playtime.

I never really learned to battle person to person and mostly avoided any battle at all and did clean assassin kills.

Then I switched to Warrior, learned the actual mechanics to a certain degree, added health "power" and a few others. That got me through the first plot Battleground and opened up the rest of the main missions which I actually managed to finish this week.

The story is haunting, personal and really emotional at least with the path I chose. The classic greek characters you meet on your way are freaking great like Aristotle teaching you his philosophy and the "metrosexual" Alkibiades is a complete riot.

Still have some DLC stuff+Medusa and 90% of legendary animals to deal with but I really enjoy my gameplay experience now.

The real problem with the game is that it doesn't really teach you how to approach it. The action has a certain depth you need to master. If you do it wrong the pacing is completely off which probably bores a lot people as it did me. The material/upgrade levelling costs are really awful and only get better from lv70++ onwards which also limits your gameplay option as you can't really afford testing out other weapons much.

But if you get through all these stupid things the game is a worthy experience and is the actual foundation for the Assassins and the bloodline.

Last edited:
Biggest issue is the combat is janky and not fun. The quests are bad as well with almost every single one just being a trek to location X to kill some soldiers. 100+ hours of doing that when the combat is unenjoyable.

Origins is by far the best one imo. The setting is great and still look amazing. They nailed the whole living in a historical place thingy. The stealth is super fun, makes you feel like a ninja. The combat is pretty awful, but aside from that its great. I couldnt stop playing it when I played it the first time.

Back