[360, PS3] Assassin's Creed 2

I finished the game before two days. It took me about 55 hours to accomplish/unlock/collect everything but I took my time for this.
Overall it’s a great action-adventure but it could be better in some particular fields (gameplay wise).
The hideouts on the rooftops are unnecessary since you can now deal with the archers in other more efficient ways (throw knifes, kill them with your hidden blades etc) and some times they will stand on your way either as objects when you re in free running mode or visually when you want to have a better image of the rooftop terrain.
I found the treasure chests rather stale as a gameplay element. Besides you don’t need all this florins and you can do just fine with the rest of the money that you collect from the side missions and your villa chest.
I’d like to see more interesting and diverting ways to earn extra money like breaking into banks and manors during the night and using some (different from the rest of the game) stealth gameplay mechanics to rob them. Of course there would be needed much more interiors and I m not sure that Ubi has had the time and/or the storage space to develop them.
Last but not least, while the combat against one guy is ok, i can’t say the same for the fights against 3 or 4 foes. In this case the combat mechanics feel half broken most of the time even if you have mastered them. I think that ubi needs to rework them in order to make them more accurate and effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest CO-Op also commented on the disappointing framerate compared to the XBox360 version. He stuck with the PS3 version hoping that the PSP-sync would be worth keeping...it's not unplayable, but it is disappointing-also more pop-in and shorter draw distance.

It isn't really true. Me too to the begin ps3 appears worsen in the fps but it's the tearing who emphasizes more the dips...more or less is the same fps of the 360, probably more dips on the ps3 but really the great difference is only the tearing.

It isn't really true. Me too to the begin ps3 appears worsen in the fps but it's the tearing who emphasizes more the dips...more or less is the same fps of the 360, probably more dips on the ps3 but really the great difference is only the tearing.

I can't tell you from first hand experience as I don't own the game. But from the vid on their site, it does appear to be a noticeable difference.

Again not unplayable, but if you have both consoles, then the difinitive version is the X360. It's not enough of a difference to go buy a X360 for though.

I'm waiting to finisht the first AC before I decide to buy this one. I'm on the 4th Assassin mission now.

The action-adventure aspect is mostly harmed by the utter linearity - you don't have to think about anything or look for anything, each and every time you're guided by the game. It basically becomes a series of skill based challenges where you can choose between a few possible solutions at each step - fight, stealth, hire faction etc. It'd be a great engine for a game like Outcast where you'd have to talk to people and pick up / use various objects, but that would probably limit the audience for the game. It's a trade off again...

After beating the game, I sold it last night for what I paid for it, which is how I like my gaming budget to be! Still, I'll rent the game when DLC is out and play some more. It's a fantastic game and one that should not be overlooked this holiday season. Now I have to start and finish, Batman:AA, L4D2 and MW2 campaign.

Here are the reasons to get the feathers

I managed to get over half of them already in normal play (haven't quite finished the game yet), but unless they magically turn up on the maps at the end of the game, I'm not likely to go searching for them at a later date ;)

This has had generally positive reviews and feedback right? I think I should give it a chance but I must say I've just played one of the worst 15 minutes of gaming I've ever experienced. The opening to the game is shockingly bad IMO. :(

I played the first a little - dipped my toe in the water so to speak but it never really grabbed me despite the hype.

I also have an issue with it's general air of pretentiousness. Maybe if I'd actually knuckled down and finished the first that wouldn't be as much of an issue. I dunno.

Anyway, I'll stick with it and hopefully eat my words.

On the plus side the gfx are fairly impressive... if a little soul-less. I sound like a very demanding gamer but I'm not usually. Something about this title doesn't sit well with me. Hmm.

I think it is generally accepted that the first three hours (!) of this game are pretty naff, but it goes uphill fast from there to end up being the favorite game of the year for a surprising number of people. I never even played the first (my colleagues loved it, but somehow it didn't draw me in), but I'm definitely considering trying this one.

This has had generally positive reviews and feedback right? I think I should give it a chance but I must say I've just played one of the worst 15 minutes of gaming I've ever experienced. The opening to the game is shockingly bad IMO. :(

On the plus side the gfx are fairly impressive... if a little soul-less. I sound like a very demanding gamer but I'm not usually. Something about this title doesn't sit well with me. Hmm.

Ahh that's good to know. I was going to do a little research online to see if anyone agreed with me.

I'll stick with it in that case. Thanks Arwin.

Finished the game weeks ago; honestly I'm not found great differences between the first: more feateurs but not great substance. Strangely I have prefered the first because at the time I found AC very original. But now I'm starting to be tired of the 'typical' flaws of the ubi games. The great problem is too much things to do (to far cry at AC) but few real funny or interesting. The game has surely good moments, the begin in particular is great, very original, (and others, deserve particular mention the platform session, a lot better of unchy 2, where the platform session seems appears just to fill the game) but I'm asking why this game isn't full of this moments. 15 and more hours are good thing in a game but not doing the same action again & again to the infinite :cry: . However the worsen part is the final revelation to me: jeez again this story. I have just seen in an another movie :cry: Well, I'm not try to said is a bad game but has the same flaws of the first at the end. Another question: probably I'm crazy but the ps3 version has really strange dips in the fps: better of the first, sure, but the chops appears almost 'casuals': in the same area sometimes is smooths in the others jarring, even in the same sequence of the dna.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gameplay needs more work for this game, for majority of the game it feels like the best thing was the city design and amount of collectibles, I did enjoy the game for over 10 hours, so I can't really complain, but the game turns a bit boring instead of progressively better for me. The best parts of the game were the tombs because of the puzzles and platformings, but the rest of the game was pretty bad interms of mission structure and gameplay.

I might not be doing it right, but you could literally one shot everything in your way with the hidden blade, other than occasionally countering if you're lucky enough that the enemies decided to actually hit you, I understand the depth of the game isn't in the combat system, but the missions were mainly going from point A to point B to stab a guy, or stab 10 guys if there were that many.

The game is also very linear, for example, one of the mission requires you figure out how to infiltrate a building, the most logical way was of course running to the spot with no guards where you could climb, right? But the game requires you to run to 3 different map markers to trigger cutscenes, to figure out those spots won't work, at the end you run back to the spot with no guards, a lot in the game was just following npcs and such, the end was really anti climatic as well.

The city design and ost was pretty awesome though, I had a blast climbing buildings and just exploring, but there were no depth once the novelty wears off.

I'm guessing it's the "CTF" mission that was in Venice. That would be kind of basic to have as a whole multiplayer mode though so there's probably something more to it.

Back