Assassin's Creed Mirage [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

What was it you didn´t like about origins?
Everything other than the visual depiction of Egypt. The combat is bad and now forms the basis of the gameplay loop since this was no longer an assassin game. The story was terrible. It was nothing more than a series of fetch quests and busy work. The RPG elements just serve to further drag out the boring gameplay loop by level gating areas and enemies. Looking beyond the poor game design, it’s not a particularly well made game either. Animation was janky and off putting and has gotten progressively worse with each AC title since Unity. Movement is clunky and not fun to partake in which is a huge problem when you spend so much time traversing a huge map.

Last edited:
Everything other than the visual depiction of Egypt. The combat is bad and now forms the basis of the gameplay loop since this was no longer an assassin game. The story was terrible. It was nothing more than a series of fetch quests and busy work. The RPG elements just serve to further drag out the boring gameplay loop by level gating areas and enemies. Looking beyond the poor game design it’s not a particularly well made game either. Animation was janky and off putting and has gotten progressively worse with each AC title since Unity. Movement is clunky and not fun to partake in which is a huge problem when you spend so much time traversing a huge map.

Yeah, the combat was terrible. The combat in old AC games was very simplistic but fun, made you feel badass.

I liked the stealth ALOT more in origins than in older AC games. I think the old games controlled in a clunky and convoluted way. This and FC 3-4 is probably the most fun I´ve had playing stealth.

I remember most missions just being an excuse to play stealth. Like they had this super fun stealth gameplay loop and based the missions around that. Go to this camp/cave/mansion and execute this or that person etc. And since I loved the stealth gameplay that worked out great for me. Valhalas missions has to be the worst ever. Just going around clicking on NPC to hear a long conversation.

I enjoyed spending alot of time in the world, so i didnt mind the leveling that much, but I can totaly see how its not for every one, and it was defininently used to artificialy lengthen the game. I hope I never have to hunt animals to get 50 furs so I can cary 2 more arrows ever again.

I wanted to like AC Unity, but there was so much animus crap I lost interest.

Yeah, the combat was terrible. The combat in old AC games was very simplistic but fun, made you feel badass.

I liked the stealth ALOT more in origins than in older AC games. I think the old games controlled in a clunky and convoluted way. This and FC 3-4 is probably the most fun I´ve had playing stealth.

I remember most missions just being an excuse to play stealth. Like they had this super fun stealth gameplay loop and based the missions around that. Go to this camp/cave/mansion and execute this or that person etc. And since I loved the stealth gameplay that worked out great for me. Valhalas missions has to be the worst ever. Just going around clicking on NPC to hear a long conversation.

I enjoyed spending alot of time in the world, so i didnt mind the leveling that much, but I can totaly see how its not for every one, and it was defininently used to artificialy lengthen the game. I hope I never have to hunt animals to get 50 furs so I can cary 2 more arrows ever again.

I wanted to like AC Unity, but there was so much animus crap I lost interest.
The combat in the OG trilogy was so fluid and ahead of its time, eventually other games managed to capture the same feelings and tweak it.

The Arkham series, Shadow of Mordor/War, Ghost of Tsushima are all inspired by the original Assassin’s Creed.

The combat in the OG trilogy was so fluid and ahead of its time, eventually other games managed to capture the same feelings and tweak it.

The Arkham series, Shadow of Mordor/War, Ghost of Tsushima are all inspired by the original Assassin’s Creed.

I havent played any of the originals in a long time, but I do remember the combat being fun and spectacular foremost, which suited the game very well.

I havent played any of the originals in a long time, but I do remember the combat being fun and spectacular foremost, which suited the game very well.

I agree. I love the combat in AC. I don't know why it's got this reputation for having rubbish combat mechanics.

I agree. I love the combat in AC. I don't know why it's got this reputation for having rubbish combat mechanics.

As far as I remember it wasnt very complex, and you could handle most situation with liberal use of the counter move. Wasnt it like you could use the parry withou being punished if you missed the timing? But my thoughts about that is "so what?". Is was fun and made you feel cool. Havent played them in a long time, but I think the difference with fighting with swords, spears or the blade was basicly you got to watch other cool animations :)
I personally hate the combat in Origins. Its frustrating, the enemies are running around and straffing like bots from a quake 1, and you almost never feel like a bad ass assasin. Its not the kind of game where the combat should be too complex and challanging.

Back