[360, PS3] Assassin's Creed 2

She left the company awhile ago IIRC.

Well bummer..any idea why? I'm at work and figured I should not be even posting but was curious why. I remember seeing a lot of crap posted about her after AC came out and some fanboyi's were upset so displayed their anger in graphic sexual terms....boys will be boys I guess.

Anyway I liked the first one, glad we go more missions as it felt like a bit boring..climbing was always fun though :) And wonder how it will work with where they left off the first one...

Well bummer..any idea why?

Hard to say... she's working on I Am Alive, so she's still with the company.. just over at the Shanghai studio instead.

Anyways, back on topic... I can't wait to see the in-game footage. The scale of the cities and the lands in the first game were quite breath-taking. I wonder where they'll go next with the story-line though.

Excellent choice of location and era. Nice looking character design too. Best of all, it seems to have more gameplay mechanics now.

Only one major request. Make the game stable out of the box. The first one crashed about 30 seconds into the game, and we have to wait for weeks for the patch (That dampened my interest in the game).

Looking forward to the mission types. I got bored exploring the open world and never completed the first game. I remember the crowd behaviour was a little shallow but it's a good start. Hopefully they add even more depth this time round.

As much as they indicate they understand the issues people ad with the first (A big plus) I am hoping for some sort of MP/Coop. No news on that yet but I think mimicking the general style of the SC 4 player MP or objective coop/competitive modes could be very cool.

They should definately implement online modes.

SC4 online was interesting and different (althought there was one problem: everyone wanted to be the spy)

Flying?

Maybe using one of Da Vinci's machines, given the locale? Is it in the Renaissance?

Hmm, scaling Brunelleschi's Duomo from the outside?

Yeah, the major open world games all have flying/gliding by now: GTA, inFamous, Prototype. The question is what can the protagonist do mid-flight ? :)

Trust me you don't wanna hear my sexy voice :D

Anyway nothing much new in there:
Release at the end of 2009
Concentrating on the gameplay since engine already finished before (i.e. minor upgrades, probably)
Currently about 300 people working on it
Locations: Venice, Florence, Tuscany
Renaissance was chosen because it an interesting time where people's perspectives changed, modern science began to emerge and of course it a period of great art.

Back