[360, PS3] Assassin's Creed 2

I liked Assasins Creed, it was a beautiful work of art, but, somehow, this one just doesn't invite me at all. The world just doesn't feel coherent to me. The protagonist seems apart from the rest, while he was part of the world in the first one.
It seems all make-believe this time !

The protagonist seems apart from the rest, while he was part of the world in the first one

Irony.
And here I was thinking how people hated that Altair was the only person in the whole game with an different accent & the one who wore weird robes.

Well, everyone in AC wore robe like dresses. Altair looked the same as everyone else, except for the hood.
In AC2, there are frocks, gowns, pants, and this strange guy is dressed in a strange clothing that doesn't seem to serve any purpose, other than make him stand out. The robe in AC2 is tacked on to make it look like a sequel. Personally, I had thought they would completely change the assasin in AC2 as it is a different time frame, and a different protagonist. That was supposed to be the beauty of the concept that every iteration would be a completely different time period, with its own aesthetics.

As for the accent, well, the game is made in english, we can't expect him to speak arabian in it , can we? I , frankly, don't understand the fake accents put on the characters to show they are from a particular region.They are anyways speaking in English, which doesn't make sense. If the animus is translating the voices, why is it putting on fake accents? :LOL: If u want to be so authentic, let the characters speak in their own language and provide subtitles. But, that wouldn't make much sense, would it? The characters HAVE to speak english, and I see no point in putting accents over the language. It is illogical. So, either u get bothered by it, or , the way I think, it is the way to play the game, as I want a comprehensible game (and the game has been made for english speaking audiences)!

The characters HAVE to speak english, and I see no point in putting accents over the language. It is illogical. So, either u get bothered by it, or , the way I think, it is the way to play the game, as I want a comprehensible game (and the game has been made for english speaking audiences)!

But the western accent isn't exotic! :p

The game world is fine although I do agree that the hood looks silly amongst the crowd. I like the setting, clothes and set pieces.

I just want it to be stable. No more crash-after-3-minute-into-game nonsense. I still haven't gone past first chapter in the original AC.

Skirt of the cape looks funny to me, very nice environments though.

Also I don't remember any crashes with AC1, only a lot of tearing.

Skirt of the cape looks funny to me, very nice environments though.

Also I don't remember any crashes with AC1, only a lot of tearing.

The crashes were pretty bad for a while on the PS3. This was patched not too long after launch though. Don't know if patsu tried it after that. I never played this game yet.

As for the accent, well, the game is made in english, we can't expect him to speak arabian in it , can we? I , frankly, don't understand the fake accents put on the characters to show they are from a particular region.They are anyways speaking in English, which doesn't make sense. If the animus is translating the voices, why is it putting on fake accents? :LOL: If u want to be so authentic, let the characters speak in their own language and provide subtitles. But, that wouldn't make much sense, would it? The characters HAVE to speak english, and I see no point in putting accents over the language. It is illogical.

I think accents are fine, especially if they sound like an accent that a real person from any particular region would sound. It does make the environment slightly more authentic and believable. Imo it's a good compromise. Subtitles would be fine by me, but like you hinted it isn't going to happen.

The crashes were pretty bad for a while on the PS3. This was patched not too long after launch though. Don't know if patsu tried it after that. I never played this game yet.

Yes, it was patched a month or two after that (Can't remember the exact duration frankly). Unfortunately, I have already moved on to other games. After patch, I played it for a short while, but didn't follow through. It soon faded away from my memory. I guess I will go back to it when AC2 is released. If there's anything, I don't like crashes in a game one bit.

I, personally, don't like those accents, unless the story is such that the character is actually speaking english, where it feels right that his english sounds different than others. But , if the whole game is happening in another language and is being presented in english, then it feels illogical to me. If one is in his own town , speaking in his own language, will he find the chatter neutral(coz that is how the language is spoken) or will he find himself and others speaking with a heavy accent? One can't speak his own language in an (foreign)accent(if he has grown up there;)), so , when translated, it should not feel as if the protagonist is in a foriegn land. He should feel right at home.
As for exotic. Well, I am from the east. My exotic might be completely different from yours :D !
Anyways, that seems off-topic.
Patsu, u should give it a try. The game is great if you play one assasination at a time, and take a break with another game. The game used to freeze on my ps3, but it happened around 3 times in the whole game.

Here's the first live action AC2 movie, they'll tell a story about the hero's father.

I wonder what you guys think about this, and the approach to live action movies for games in general (think Halo ODST). I think the original Command and Conquer was the first game with significant material but it kinda died of when 3D acceleration became the big feature to put money into.
So should this replace CG cinematics, is it better to look at real actors instead of animated characters?

So should this replace CG cinematics, is it better to look at real actors instead of animated characters?
My opinion: i absolutely prefer CG cinematics, rather than real actor stuff!
But, I really like the approach, where the cutscene quality is not extremely different compared to the ingame graphics, because in this case the transition is not to glaring.

To summarize, my rating would be:
'enhanced' ingame cutscenes/ not too perfect CG cinematics > 'perfect' CG cinematics >>> real actor stuff

Here's the first live action AC2 movie, they'll tell a story about the hero's father.

I wonder what you guys think about this, and the approach to live action movies for games in general (think Halo ODST). I think the original Command and Conquer was the first game with significant material but it kinda died of when 3D acceleration became the big feature to put money into.

AC didn't use CG cutscenes. And their cutscenes were terrible. Acting was stiff.

On the other hand, AC2 has a CG intro, in addition to these live action movies...

On the other hand, AC2 has a CG intro, in addition to these live action movies...

It does? AC had a CG trailer to launch it..don't think it was used in the game though. And these live-action aren't being used in the game are they?

Unless you are telling us that they are... :)

The live action stuff won't be used in the game, but the CG movie will probably be in it; it was the same with the first one, that played its own CG trailer in a loop from the main menu.

Easily my most anticipated game at this point. I didn't expect it it but I actually really liked this video. Looking forward to more.

Back