[360] Forza Motorsport 3

Yeah, some reviews are by non-racing fans (e.g. GamePro with a 4/5). They open up saying, "I'm not a big car nut" and "it's really meant for hardcore car nuts. Not that there's anything wrong with that." A valid review as it is a good thing that gamers of different stripes review games, but a review like that is pretty irrelevant to someone who is looking for a serious racing sim on the consoles.

I want to see some reviews putting it in the paces on real tracks with real cars by real drivers.

Yea, like PopSci did with Forza 1 back in 2005
http://www.popsci.com.au/cars/article/2005-03/race-against-reality

It seems that the 360 wheel works quite well with Forza 3 and should not be overlooked for other wheels.

InsideSim guys:
We ran it with the XBox 360 wheel and it runs nicely. We were actually surprised at how it felt.. Was hard to go back to with a 6 speed and clutch using the 911..

We're going to revisit FM3 and discuss how it feels with the 360 wheel.

I will stand by my 360 seller comment.. I would play it on the 360 wheel if thats all I could afford or had. It kicks ass with that wheel too.

Darin Gangi
Executive Producer
InsideSimRacing

Amar212. Well known in GT circles
Babelfish translation = it works great in FM3. I'm amazed for more than a week now.

It seems that the 360 wheel works quite well with Forza 3 and should not be overlooked for other wheels.

InsideSim guys:

Amar212. Well known in GT circles

That's great to hear, I just got a MS wheel, am not hardcore enough to justify buying an expensive Fanatec wheel. Now I only have to find somewhere to mount it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/forza-motorsport-3-review?page=1

9/10 from Eurogamer

As for multiplayer, the word hardly covers what must be the most comprehensive online feature-set of any console game in history (bolstered, rivals take note, by an excellent, smooth-running, offline two-player split-screen mode). Match-making and match-finding is well-handled by the simple interface, and race rules can be set in ridiculous detail - but actual racing is only one facet of online interaction in Forza 3.
'Forza Motorsport 3' Screenshot 4

The new, fictional Montserrat track is an excellent blend of circuit technique and road-racing thrills and spills.

The series has been a quiet leader in community features and user-generated content ever since it first appeared, and Forza 3 takes huge strides forward in this area. The paint editor - incredibly flexible and only mildly unfriendly - and superb photo mode are as they ever were, as is the car auction house. But the new Storefront is new. There you can browse replays, photos, full paint-jobs, vinyl groups (player-made logos and pictures to stamp on your car) and even tuning setups; you can rate them, and advertise your own.

It's extremely well put together and will be a huge boost to an already thriving community, providing them with a handsome showcase, and the average player with a great way to get the best from those parts of the game he doesn't want to delve into personally. Only the rather limited and poorly-integrated video editor fails to live up to the promises Turn 10 has made.

YES!

I'd like to get the Fanatec wheel but I don't have a racing seat and I'm not sure the wheel is going to be usable just on my lap. How about the X360 wheel? Can it be reasonable used on one's lap?

I'd like to get the Fanatec wheel but I don't have a racing seat and I'm not sure the wheel is going to be usable just on my lap. How about the X360 wheel? Can it be reasonable used on one's lap?

Hmmm never tried. I could give it a try if no one answers. Maybe look for a reviews? I would imagine FF would need to be toned down quite a bit.

Not the greatest or most stable way to do it, but you can just buy a cheap TV dinner folding table thing.

Or heck a cheap poker table would work also. :) Lot of options out there for less than 10 USD as long as you don't mind having something that looks somewhat ghetto. :) Heck for a little more you can get a nice wooden folding kitchen cutting table.

Regards,
SB

That Inside SimRacing tonight interview gave the physics 16/20 (IIRC) so it can't be the slightly arcadey game people thought Turn 10 had dumbed it down to, in the interests of accessiblity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perspective

Hello my friend.

What about adjustable lens for in-game camera?

Current Forza 3 (and Forza 2) view has little bit like fisheye lens. This I feel is not natural and makes far away objects (even front of the automobile!) too small and peripheral objects to have warping, not correct appearance for perspective. Also for when car is turning this problem makes too much warping in environment objects.

If they fix this I will like to try this game at gamefly.

I have noticed this and my American best friend also noticed this.

To be frank, if that is a hurdle just for rental it probably means the game isn't up your alley to begin with. Sims aren't for everyone, and if the current featureset isn't worth a rental then a minor graphical tweak won't increase the value of the product. Just my opinion--it isn't for everyone.

To be frank, if that is a hurdle just for rental it probably means the game isn't up your alley to begin with. Sims aren't for everyone, and if the current featureset isn't worth a rental then a minor graphical tweak won't increase the value of the product. Just my opinion--it isn't for everyone.

No my friend I do not like to buy games. I only do rentals. Only if a game is really good I buy it.

Racing games I might buy if the graphics and physics is good because I can play it more and more but the fish-eye perspective in Forza 3 is not realistic for me. I feel a sim should not have this problem and should have more natural view of car, road and environment without warping.

To me this request is not a minor tweak but major change because sim should have realistic view and feel. How can I feel like it is a real car if the view is wrong? Maybe many people are used to this but for me this is a bad problem. Even many FPS have this problem.

If they fix this I will rent it. Then I can decide if I want to buy it. I like to customize car style too but more than that I like lots of cars. Especially I like the Skyline and Bentley GT Speed.

Back