[360] Forza Motorsport 3

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Forza Motorsport 3 was officially unveiled at E3's 2009 press conference, aiming for an October release. Features mentioned during the conference:

- cockpit view with free looking around
- you can flip over
- 400 cars / 50 manufacturers
- rewind like in Grid
- create and upload high-dev video, with several camera angles, slow motion, etc.

It looks amazing from the pics I've seen. I cannot fathom why GT5 is taking so long...Turn10 seems to be schooling PD.

Finally car flipping. That must've been a war with the car makers to license.

How does one unreleased game school another unreleased game? The hyperbole is great on E3 day.

I have yet to play my copy of Forza 2, driving sims are boring, sorry :)

I cannot fathom why GT5 is taking so long...

Without knowing the scope and depth, no outsider, no one, will be able to estimate the development time -- regardless of title.

Turn10 seems to be schooling PD.

Cockpit view comes late in Forza. :)

Those guys are certainly taking a long time. I see complains all the time.

I can't wait to see much much more from this game. The flipping cars and pieces of debris flying off has me really hyped to see more detailed info and demonstrations of the advancements Turn 10 have made to the collision modeling. Also, they modeled a waterfall?! That's a first for a sim as far as I'm aware.

The cockpit view is nice. From a gameplay standpoint I don't consider it that important and prefer roof or hood-cam, but as a car enthusiast I appreciate that they have added it and it was from this latter perspective that I considered it a mistake when they were recently hinting at it not being in there. Some of these cars are just as if not more beautiful on the inside as the outside.

The game looks impressively better than the first rendition on the 360, pretty good job!
Anyway not for me, I'm more the arcade racer type.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16106578&postcount=182

The truth is FM3 is even MORE of a sim than FM2. One of the big physics improvements we've added is real-time tire deformation and wall flex which directly affect grip threshold. We'll be doing deep dives into all of FM3's new sim features in the coming weeks and months.

I'm quite impressed what they have been able to achieve in 2 years of development time since Forza 2.

Damn! Great improvement indeed. Even the visuals seem to be on par with GT5.

Edit: btw despite what they claim, for some reason it looked kind of arcadey to me

Damn! Great improvement indeed. Even the visuals seem to be on par with GT5.

Edit: btw despite what they claim, for some reason it looked kind of arcadey to me

Che explains that also. He said they intentionally make it look arcade like to appeal to the casuals so that they're not intimiated by simulation driving. They'll get deep into the sim stuff over the next few days/weeks/months. I doubt they'll dumb down the sim aspects of the game at all.

The only thing that looks ugly is the LOGO. Seriously, they couldn't have made anything as bad as that.

Other than that everything looks good. I am keeping my 360 just for this game. :cool:

Back