[360] Forza Motorsport 3

So am I the only person who is looking forward to this game despite all the criticisms?

Just had to cancel my normal edition for LCE one.

So am I the only person who is looking forward to this game despite all the criticisms?

Just had to cancel my normal edition for LCE one.

I put a LCE on order also. Certainly excited. Just don't care to feed the trolls, that's all. Others seem to be in the same boat, it'd seem.

Ditto. To be blunt you have outright trolls posting garbage like FM2 cars don't lose parts on the track--there is no point even discussing this game with the likes.

I was thinking today if I need to pre-order. So far 3 ovals confirmed and we loved the single button racing 8) Where are people pre-ordering? GameStop? I see the LCE is $20 more -- what makes it worth that much extra?

I'm getting it, but not the LCE.

I was going to get GT5 at first, but seeing how long it took me to get to lvl 40 in Forza 2, I probably will not have the time for GT5 with its huge amount of content.

Also, the rewind feature in Forza 3 makes it a much more enjoyable game. I always stuff up on the last lap of a 10 lap race and am forced to restart, won't have that problem with F3.

The demo speaks for itself. There isn't much anyone can say or any screenshots any one is going to show me that are going to trump what I see on my screen and what I experience with the controller in my hands.

The only thing I am debating is whether or not to purchase a wheel stand. It's a bit of a hassle to set up my wheel ATM because I have to re-arrange furniture and even then pedal stability is not ideal. Just not sure I want to add yet another bulky gaming accessory to my collection.

My 360 scratches my game discs, and Microsoft customer service refuses to believe me that it does, so I've sworn off buying any more games for it. FM3 isn't enough to break my vow, especially when GT5 will be available, and doubly especially after Turn10's gauche trash talking and sketchy PR practices.

The true test of my resolve will be with Mass Effect 2, however... It's a game I'm willing to buy a new 360 for.

My 360 scratches my game discs, and Microsoft customer service refuses to believe me that it does, so I've sworn off buying any more games for it. FM3 isn't enough to break my vow, especially when GT5 will be available, and doubly especially after Turn10's gauche trash talking and sketchy PR practices.

The true test of my resolve will be with Mass Effect 2, however... It's a game I'm willing to buy a new 360 for.

Its happening to me also alot of my games aren't working anymore. I am getting circular scratches on the outer diameter of my disc. I install to my HD to remedy some of the problems but I only have a 20gig :(

In the Netherlands they did a consumer show on this issue and confronted Microsoft with it one or two years ago (maybe longer). I think that you can get it replaced in the Netherlands for this issue as well as the RROD, but I do remember that they didn't offer this in other countries. They would probably have though if people had bothered to do something large scale ... ;) Maybe just refer to the Dutch consumer action and threaten to start something like that where you live? That kind of thing sometimes works. ;)

Do you guys have your 360s standing up? None of my friends has ever had problems with disc scratching ( and between us we have all the different hardware revisions ) but we all keep the console horizontally oriented

X = A + B

X = Major 360 Release Thread
A = 360 Trolling
B = Big PS3 Game Hype

X (FM3 Thread) = A (360 Trolling; RRoD) + B (GT5 Hyping)

You cannot take them seriously though. I am still waiting for one of them to "prove" FM2 doesn't have car parts come off in damage ... it is like they throw anything/everything at the wall to just see what sticks. Most of us don't even want to bother with it anymore because the stealth trolling is so acute and the formula is so blatant.

Oddly this comes shortly after the thread getting back on track in regards to who is going to get the game ... flies and honey and all.

As for those with broken 360's there are threads for that and you have every right to be upset. But lets keep it to the proper thread... Just be happy you have a PS3 to enjoy GT5 ;)

Do you guys have your 360s standing up? None of my friends has ever had problems with disc scratching ( and between us we have all the different hardware revisions ) but we all keep the console horizontally oriented

Yeah, it's been confirmed that this issue occurs especially when the console is standing upright. So if you are experiencing the issue, definitely make it lie down (figuratively, not literally ;) ).

Oh, and Josh is right. We're drifting off topic again.

Haven't gotten back to the demo yet, handheld racing game has been stealing some time. ;)

Anyone improved their demo laptimes yet? I'll have a look see how much I've dropped down! Are you in my friends list yet Josh? I'll still be there day one for FM3, which should be Wednesday night or Thursday.

Could someone itemize what the Limited Edition has added? USB stick + what cars? Any tracks? Why should I get the Limited Edition?

@ Arwin: I am not on your friends list yet. What is your GT? My times aren't great, although I am surprised my 1:04 time from the first night is still in the top 4%. That isn't saying much cause I am only 50% on my friend's list--my B3D and Gamersyde friends are all pretty good, a couple under 1:00. I haven't played much outside of playing with my sons (great fun!) and my lone 30 minute session this weekend with the wheel, oddly, couldn't best my previous time. I have a feeling T10 tuned the game to be a little more difficult with the wheel; FM2 had some slight advantages with a pad as well. Not a big deal as online racing the wheel seemed to give me a better feel for the race.

There is a lot to knit pick on FM3, but a sim that scales all the way down to rewind and auto-brake, but serious enough that my best lap is 5 seconds (!) behind the better racers and every poor adjustment results in losing tenths of a second will prove to provide a lot of replay. I am really digging how the Audi and Porsche feel so differently. As a non-car nut, the racing is a lot of fun.

When 360's hit $100 I can see us setting up a 4 system LAN. Our own little Daytona booth :devilish:

Could someone itemize what the Limited Edition has added? USB stick + what cars? Any tracks? Why should I get the Limited Edition?

Wasn't it just that custom painted Audi?

Well I actually entered both my Live and PSN ids on my B3D profile, but since you haven't you can't see it I guess, so: ArwinGT4 ... :D (six years old username, mind, dates back from Xbox1).

my B3D and Gamersyde friends are all pretty good, a couple under 1:00.

Nice, yeah, I think I have a sub 1:00 lap in there somewhere too.

When 360's hit $100 I can see us setting up a 4 system LAN. Our own little Daytona booth :devilish:

Heh, yeah, that's pretty cool. A friend from another racing board that I don't think exists anymore built up something like that also a while ago for GT3, with an additional big-screen hooked up just to watch the race in TV-mode (basically one TV/PS2 acts as a replay cam that you can direct)

Finally played the demo. I thought it looked great. Not sure what some people don't like about it. The Audi looks badass.

The problem for me is that I really suck at driving games, so even if I got the game, I'd never be able to hang with anyone on my Friends list.

Finally played the demo. I thought it looked great. Not sure what some people don't like about it.
Nasty repeating in car textures and lack of detail on the outside of the cars (like how you can not make out anything on the inside of the ferrari's talllights).

Finally played the demo. I thought it looked great. Not sure what some people don't like about it. The Audi looks badass.

The problem for me is that I really suck at driving games, so even if I got the game, I'd never be able to hang with anyone on my Friends list.

Dude, use the assists :) Better racers will be asked to take off more assists. e.g. If I am blowing you away I could go to manual to level the field.

Btw, the MP allows staggering and other options to level the playing field. So if you constantly lag 10 seconds behind you can be given a 10 second headstart. That makes it fun for the better racers (a rabbit to catch), but also should make it intense for you being pushed. We could also just give you killer cars and we drive Windstars :p

Please get the game ;)

Looking forward to it, especially online. Signed up for live again recently just for this game! Just got to get a decent wheel now!

So I played the demo for 2 hours straight today [yea 2 hrs for demo lol] & I noticed some stuffs that I think bothers me a bit:

1) Why are cars in this game so hard to oversteer & slip out even when I am playing without any kind of assists ? In other sim games my car tends to slip even with slight mistake & spin but its not so here...its very forgiving

2) The reflections in hood view are very good ...so much so that they always distract me :)

Well I actually entered both my Live and PSN ids on my B3D profile, but since you haven't you can't see it I guess, so: ArwinGT4 ... :D (six years old username, mind, dates back from Xbox1).

My GT is Timberwolf25. I sent an invite a while back, please feel free to add me although I won't be back online gaming until mid-end of December.

Back