Call of Duty 4: Modern combat trailer up

New screenshot !

6de8b21b622abbad86f5c56b3548.jpg

cool :cool:

(click for VID) With the Dead Silence perk, you'll make less noise when you move, which means you'll be able to easily sneak up on unsuspecting enemies for a swift knife melee. Dead Silence is great for stealthy style players who want to flank around or sneak in behind their enemies undetected. For the true, ghost player, Dead Silence combined with a customized weapon load out with a suppressor and UAV Jammer, allows for some serious stealth action. This perk is useful in just about every situation and game type, because getting the jump on the enemy always works out in your favor.
oh and 60 fps is so awesome

wow... can't wait... sounds like it's right around the corner and they say "it kicks some serious ****ing ass". :smile:

This game is going to pwn. The only thing that concerns me, is there wasn't a PS3 version available for the editors to test. The last thing I need to hear about, is a delay to this title. I'll scream.

IW will probably ship all versions on time considering they shipped COD3 at the same time. I'd be more worried that the framerate might not be 60 fps since that's what happened to the PS3 version of COD3 if I remember correctly.

however, they got a very good looking second gen 360 game to be on PS3 around launch (with a still decent framerate). most likely it's not going to be an issue since it's a year after launch.

IW will probably ship all versions on time considering they shipped COD3 at the same time. I'd be more worried that the framerate might not be 60 fps since that's what happened to the PS3 version of COD3 if I remember correctly.

Infinity Ward had nothing to do with Call Of duty 3. Infinity Ward made excellent CoD1 & CoD2, the rest are made by treyarch.

This game is going to pwn. The only thing that concerns me, is there wasn't a PS3 version available for the editors to test. The last thing I need to hear about, is a delay to this title. I'll scream.
the IGN article was based on the exclusive 360 beta. there have been some videos of the PS3 version running at an almost solid 60fps.

I'd never heard of IW. Have they made anything other than shooters?

Are they boasting about this multiplatform engine delivering this kind of performance? Any chance of licensing it for other types of games?

Not a FPS gamer but we should be greatful it's not EA doing this.:devilish:

I thought the original COD developers used to be part of EA and left to establish their own studio and COD was their big hit?

Infinity ward, why do you think we are hyped for this game? ;)
oh I see.

PS3 will probably need a shooter like this with a big online community considering all Resistance:FoM is the best selling PS3 game so that shows there probably is a substantial fanbase for online shooters on PS3.

I thought the original COD developers used to be part of EA and left to establish their own studio and COD was their big hit?

2015 made the first medal of honor game and EA published it, and a few guys left 2015 and started infinity ward

I don't know what happened to 2015 though, I haven't heard much of them after Allied Assault

Is it possible for multi-console games like COD4 to have on-line play across the consoles? If not, is that something MS and Sony actively prohibit or are there other technical reasons? I wouldn't expect console specific features like invites and such to work across systems but if you go to lobby to join a game it shouldn't matter which console folks are using. Seems like it would be best for the game community to have one big community rather than separate. I would like to see the developers push for this if MS/Sony are holding it back. What are the odds it could happen?

Is it possible for multi-console games like COD4 to have on-line play across the consoles? If not, is that something MS and Sony actively prohibit or are there other technical reasons? I wouldn't expect console specific features like invites and such to work across systems but if you go to lobby to join a game it shouldn't matter which console folks are using. Seems like it would be best for the game community to have one big community rather than separate. I would like to see the developers push for this if MS/Sony are holding it back. What are the odds it could happen?
well most online 360 games use xbox LIVE servers so that's why 360 players wouldn't be able to play with PS3 players. the only online 360 games I know of that don't run on xbox LIVE servers are EA games because they do advertising of some sort over their games and I believe that's the reason why some of their sports games lose online play once the next version comes out. PS3 players I'd assume can play with PC players (I think PS2 version of Phantasy Star Online did that) and 360 players can play with PC players for games that are able to connect to xbox LIVE on PC such as shadowrun. I MS is planning to have all of their future PC games have xbox LIVE connectivity which would suggest pretty much all of them could have PC and 360 players playing together.

Back