GT HD Premium = GT5 Prologue | GT HD Classic = GT:HD at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets not get into this. I mean my expectations.
everything regarding this platform is OVERDUE, including the platform itself.
I am very disapointed in that matter. and by living in europe, I am facing the difficult choice to either get a US console (risky+waaay expensive) or wait until spring next year.
this stuff aint good stuff. :mad: so I better not get started.

regarding the dev time
I believe that every great producer is a perfectionist. but that does not justify +2008. not even by close!
I mean, you could have more kids by that time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
regarding the dev time
I believe that every great producer is a perfectionist. but that does not justify +2008. not even by close!

But not on the scale with Kazunori of course. Anybody fimilar with him probably knows that. 2008 can be justified when it can take months at a time to create one vehicle, when going to locations all across the world just to create a new race track. When driving and examining cars in full detail just to make sure the suspension and handling are correct, making sure the car is "anatomically" correct right down to the gear shifts. Theres a reason why GT is pretty much one of the most known and respected driving simulators.

Just to get an idea of what goes on at PD...
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13645&type=wmv
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/index.do?id=373

I personally think its justified especially because hes giving us a "taste test" at least 12 months ahead of time.

Played...

Then lucky you! Feel free to give us some impressions. ;)

@Petran: here's the thing. Normally, looking at previous release dates, 2008 would have been the earliest time at which we could expect a new GT. Maybe some 'Concept/Prologue' like releases before that time, but nothing significant or even in all regions.

But PD recognises this, and has combined it with the overdue online support for Gran Turismo 4, to create the GT:HD Classic and Premium games for PS3.

The idea of GT:HD is basically not only to give PS3 owners online GT4 in hi-def with more cars on track and so on, right at launch, but also to start releasing the GT in a whole new way. Now, instead of releasing a feature packed GT5 somewhere in 2008 at the earliest, we will be able to download the new features for GT as the PD team finishes them, with the appropriate beta-tests and so on. This will make GT:HD Classic the right-here-right-now version of GT which we can use to race and explore online functions, and GT:HD Premium will slowly develop into a full GT5 game, receiving features and updates about every 6 months or so.

I personally think everything is better than waiting another 3 years before they come with a new GT game, so I'm definitely very open to this more dynamic concept.

Then lucky you! Feel free to give us some impressions. ;)

@Petran: here's the thing. Normally, looking at previous release dates, 2008 would have been the earliest time at which we could expect a new GT. Maybe some 'Concept/Prologue' like releases before that time, but nothing significant or even in all regions.

But PD recognises this, and has combined it with the overdue online support for Gran Turismo 4, to create the GT:HD Classic and Premium games for PS3.

The idea of GT:HD is basically not only to give PS3 owners online GT4 in hi-def with more cars on track and so on, right at launch, but also to start releasing the GT in a whole new way. Now, instead of releasing a feature packed GT5 somewhere in 2008 at the earliest, we will be able to download the new features for GT as the PD team finishes them, with the appropriate beta-tests and so on. This will make GT:HD Classic the right-here-right-now version of GT which we can use to race and explore online functions, and GT:HD Premium will slowly develop into a full GT5 game, receiving features and updates about every 6 months or so.

I personally think everything is better than waiting another 3 years before they come with a new GT game, so I'm definitely very open to this more dynamic concept.

I still think they could have arranged better. I like car racing games. a lot. I wont be waiting 2-2.5 years by playing gt4 in hd. I'll have me some more (and better) games like gtr and forza and I dont know what else until then.

but I say again, they could have done better arangements :mad:

only to sell it on e-bay for a much higher profit right?
I might sell one to you too ;) other than region coded EU bluray films, I think it will suit you fine.

remember me bitching about TT on insomnia slay? see where this is going now... +2008 :mad:

kdl40w2000de1.jpg

GT5 am god. I love it.

PD office tour (Click the right panel in the Related Media)
http://www.gt.tv/gtwplayer.php?ep=33

Wow, looked at the hi-res version of this, and there is some footage in here of a build of Premium that is definitely well beyond the playable one we saw at TGS ... I also noticed that this time the suspension on the individual wheels seems to be much improved.

That's a convincing pic. The car shading is a just a little plasticy I think, and the grass stands out as a weak link. In motion though with a GT replay cam, I imagine a lot of folks thinking this was a real car (depending on prevalence jaggies, hidden by this small-scale pic.).

I actually like the graphics a lot.

If it has the same feel of control (maybe better?) then I'm definitely gonna get a copy.

Wow, nice flag!;-)

But yeah, looks nice indeed! So is this coming out December in Japan and March or spring in US/EU?

seems like they changed the cars' shadow casting - the new one uses less trickery.

the road seems to have returned its specular component too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back