First Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter Single Player Footage (X360)

NBK - Steve said:
Small details.....very smalll details that really don't bother me.

Small details are incredibly important for games that want to be called "realistic." For example, the reload time on the M249 SAW was rediculous. The animation/time treated it like a clip loaded, not belt fed, gun.

scooby_dooby said:
The only real complaints i would have are the geometry in the environments could be better, too many square objects like street lamps and stuff, you see lots of corners. Also, I think the parralex mapping(or whatever they use to give building features their depth) could be a little stronger, many of the objects look a little 'flat'?.

Agreed but persoanlly i think its a big deal... yes buildings are square but not polygonal.. if you know what I mean.

blakjedi said:
Agreed but persoanlly i think its a big deal... yes buildings are square but not polygonal.. if you know what I mean.
I hear ya, but the GFX still look really really good, and the gameplay just looks so damn sweet that it far outweighs little problems like that.

i would like more poly's in the environments, but would i be willing to wait another 2, 3 or 4 months for it? Hell no!!

let's start the "trying to downplay the 360 thing' dance

<takes the popcorn>

I see other defect:
the hairs are not single hairs, the game looks very unrealistic!
:LOL:

Griffith said:
let's start the "trying to downplay the 360 thing' dance

<takes the popcorn>

I see other defect:
the hairs are not single hairs, the game looks very unrealistic!

Oh well..on top of the geometry thing I still say the levels seem kinda "frozen" + they could have atleast bothered using more than 1 animation for the explosions. (how is your popcorn?)

3roxor said:
Oh well..on top of the geometry thing I still say the levels seem kinda "frozen" + they could have atleast bothered using more than 1 animation for the explosions. (how is your popcorn?)

saled but good :LOL:

I noticed that in the game is hard to see the single grain of sand
the game is very MEH

cry.gif

Just as I was about to go back to the screenshots to verify whether indeed there was too much "squareness," I witnessed the two shots above and forgot about the whole issue real fast.

groper said:
"Street lamps and stuff" are not square :smile:

I was specifcally referrin to a screenshot I had seen this morning, it was a close-up of one of the street lamps(i thinkhe was in a chopper) and it looked extremely low poly, even in that pic you posted form a distance, you can see the hard corners in the arch of the lamp post itself. Although, the red mailbox is so damn smooth it's hard to complain.

Or look at the interior of the chopper, where the red light is, huge blocky polygons. Or the fountain that is octagonal, there's definately lots of different evidence of being a little starved for poly's in the environment.

Again I'm not trying to downplay this games, it's great, but it's not like it's completely flawless. If I had to point to something it would be the fairly low polygon counts in the environment, that's all. :p

scooby_dooby said:
Or look at the interior of the chopper, where the red light is, huge blocky polygons. Or the fountain that is octagonal, there's definately lots of different evidence of being a little starved for poly's in the environment.
I agree for the fountain but i disagree for the chopper.
For me its interior is very good. And will look better in motion. I suppose that you refer to these screens:

h22hp.jpg

h13ks.jpg

I think that its better for both of us to wait for the beta version so that we ll have the chance to check the geometry of this game in our hdtvs.

expletive said:
I think these are the 2 most impressive i've seen yet.

Expletive , you have to check the link i provided in the previous page (the one with the 120 new pics).
You can find a lot of good screens in natural resolution.
I separated these 3 , brcause i believe that they give an impressive look of the vehicles:

016ye.jpg

024yf.jpg

034wo.jpg

And this one for the many corpses *lol*

102jl.jpg

groper said:
Expletive , you have to check the link i provided in the previous page (the one with the 120 new pics).
You can find a lot of good screens in natural resolution.
I separated these 3 , brcause i believe that they give an impressive look of the vehicles:

Hmmm, these look even better than the last 'batch' that was released a few weeks back. These seem more like *final* shots with all the AA, etc thrown in now.

this game just keeps looking better and better.....

can't wait to get it!

if i was to complain about anything, in the vids i've seen the explosions seem a bit pre-canned..... like it's the same explosion over and over. That and as said some bits stand out as being a touch poly starved, like that fountain, but i'll get over both the moment i turn it on and get to play rather than watch videos!

Back