Full image of the xbox 360!

Maybe it's just the pics, but it kinda looks cheap and unappealing ... like a very cheap flex-atx case.

Feels like MS is not really ready for nextgen.by looking at this design ,we can tell we've got a looser ,here.

:LOL: IMHO ,of course ;)

Is it just me or does this decoy actually look better than the real deal? :?

26721.oldxbox360.jpg

The design screams "I wanna be something non-Xbox!!!" and I suppose it annoys some ppl.

jvd said:
quest55720 said:
I am very happy if that is the size. I was expecting something the same size or bigger than the original Xbox. I could careless how it looks my PC was the ugliest thing ever with a squirl cage sticking out of the side for extra cooling. The only thing I am confused on is were are the controller ports. I could be blind or confused but I hope that wireless is not the only controller option. Besides sucking through batterys I have always had bad luck with wireless controllers. From either people or animals getting in the way of the signal and screwing up my game. Or worse yet sometime I get in a bad habit of moving the controller around alot when I play. When I have used wireless in the past I loose control because I would have the controller pointing up or in some other direction that would cause it to loose signal.

Do yourself a favor and try the wave birds . you can controll through a wall if you want

Thanks Ill give one a shot it can't hurt and maybe make me feel better about my Xbox360 purchase.

quest55720 said:
jvd said:
quest55720 said:
I am very happy if that is the size. I was expecting something the same size or bigger than the original Xbox. I could careless how it looks my PC was the ugliest thing ever with a squirl cage sticking out of the side for extra cooling. The only thing I am confused on is were are the controller ports. I could be blind or confused but I hope that wireless is not the only controller option. Besides sucking through batterys I have always had bad luck with wireless controllers. From either people or animals getting in the way of the signal and screwing up my game. Or worse yet sometime I get in a bad habit of moving the controller around alot when I play. When I have used wireless in the past I loose control because I would have the controller pointing up or in some other direction that would cause it to loose signal.

Do yourself a favor and try the wave birds . you can controll through a wall if you want

Thanks Ill give one a shot it can't hurt and maybe make me feel better about my Xbox360 purchase.

Seriously, if the wavebird had a rumble feature (and a way to turn it off to save batteries), it would be _the_ perfect controller. It's still great as it is.

No freakin' lag!

It would be very good if it does in fact provide Media Centre functionality. I've been thinking about building a small HTPC to run Windows MCE and this could save me the effort and cash. Assuming it does feature this functionality that is...

Mariner said:
It would be very good if it does in fact provide Media Centre functionality. I've been thinking about building a small HTPC to run Windows MCE and this could save me the effort and cash. Assuming it does feature this functionality that is...
I can't see them including a TV tuner, and most of the MCE functionality would be gone without one. I see it as more of a MCE Extender than a unit in it's own right.........or maybe they could include the TV tuner with the HDD to make it a value addition?

london-boy said:
loekf2 said:
Wunderchu said:

OH NO !!!!

Proprietary USB connectors ... again ???

When will the hurting stop ;-)

That plug looks obscene. And they expect kids to play with these?!! ;)
Anyone reckon that might be a recharge cable to recharge the controllers direct from the console? This would enable you to carry on playing whilst it recharges - just a guess?

UKt@xman said:
Anyone reckon that might be a recharge cable to recharge the controllers direct from the console? This would enable you to carry on playing whilst it recharges - just a guess?

I'd reckon so:

controller5es.jpg

;)

UKt@xman said:

If you assume them to be wireless, you could carry on playing anyway...
Prolly an attachable headset to plug into the Controller ?

pahcman said:
if Xenon look this, it will wipe the floor of next gen consoles.
Sorry chappy, but that pic of yours looks like ass. HORRIBLE design - if it can even be called that.

The suggested nextbox design is pretty decent IMO, at least the unit itself. If that is the actual look of it, with a bit of time I bet I'll even start to like it, though I do hope the power supply is built-in and not an extra lump of plastic that'll lie around collecting dust down on the floor!

The camera looks ass too tho - feckin ugly and no way around it - and the controller looks like a god damn toy. Seems it's glossy white just like I feared as finish which means it'll feel greasy and sweaty to hold and it will look greasy too after just five minutes of play. And god I hope they rubberize the tips of the sticks - Nintendo did it early before launch with the Cube after all so there's still hope.

Matte black is best color for a controller IMO, and failing that I guess it'll have to be matte white. *sigh!* But for gosh's sakes, not glossy white!!!

To chap, xenon will wipe the floor cause it works with electricity.

If it wipes the floor for any reason, it certainly won't be because of the way it looks.

Now, all together, 1..2..3... It's all in the games!! (And the marketing)

I don't care about how consoles look. But the demographic that MS is targeting (they are intro'ing it on MTV) do care. They are the type who buy fancy cases or skins for iPods.

That is probably why MS is planning faceplates so that people can have some degree of customization?

Plus if the removable drive is suppose to double as a DAP, then you know design will matter for it and the Xbox360 to which they dock it.

The design is not particularly distinguished. And that controller looks painful unless you got Paul Bunyan hands. But it probably feels better than it looks.

Could be a good deal to get a console, wireless and rechargeable controller, remote (with which you can turn the console on or off) for no more than $300 for the base unit. Of course the greatest gear in the world won't matter without content.

As for that camera, yeah it looks retro and not in a good retro way. Seems out of character with the simple lines of the console. Why not something like the iSight? Wonder how it will mount.

For me it looks fine, but who cares Xb is horrible and I do have one :LOL:

I am more interested in the camera, it looks like a standart, would it have features for a Eyetoy2 match(3D capture of the world) :?:

UKt@xman said:
You know that's actually funny if you think about it. It is logical and convenient to recharge a controller via a connection to the unit. But it is also moronic that because of the benefit of assured electrical charging, your WIRELESS controller probably ends up connected to the main unit most of the time - even when playing...

wco81 said:
They are the type who buy fancy cases or skins for iPods.

I'm not sure, but I'd say that those people that buy fancy cases are likely those that bought an iPod for stylistish reasons - in other words, a hip product that is "cool" to have and is used as a show-off device, more so from a stylistic point of view.

I don't think game consoles will be bought for the same reasons... ever. But it is a nice feature for those that buy one, don't like the looks and can improve it.

Back