Full image of the xbox 360!

Hey, is that a new Apple design ?
Its so sleek, stylish, sophisticated and sexy!
wait...
Thats the new Xbox design from microsoft??
OMFG LooKS like SomTHing a Stromtooper shat out his ass ROLF, its way too big and oogly. Die microsuck Die.. PS powns JOO!
:rolleyes:

Oh btw, the plug shown for the controller is not a recarge cable, its the plug for the headset unit.

I only report what I hear from the voices inside my head.

I assume its being shown next to a USB plug for comparison.

(Begin Edit)
Actually I should have asked where did you expect to plug a standard USB connector into an Xbox at anyways?
(End Edit)

Chris_T said:

(Begin Edit)
Actually I should have asked where did you expect to plug a standard USB connector into an Xbox at anyways?
(End Edit)

Xbox360 controllers are also compatible with PCs....and since they're wireless by defaut there needs to be a way to interface it with PCs...that's where the USB connector comes into play.

Chris_T said:
(Begin Edit)
(End Edit)

Word is the 360 will have three usb ports, one of them in back for the camera. I would imagine the front two are beneath one of the trap-doors on the 'bottom' or 'right' of the console, depending on your orientation.

Chris_T said:

(Begin Edit)
(End Edit)

USB is to plug into the USB ports on the 360 and PC apparently. I believe someone said a Rio MP3 player uses the same USB cable connector, so it's conceivable that it could transfer data AND power. USB cables carry power, so I don't see why it couldn't be used to charge an internal battery. I really think they could make the controllers rechargeable with an internal NiMH or LiPo battery (900-2000mAh should be pretty cheap). I mean, you can get a 24pk of 2200mAh NiMH batteries for under $30. So in lots of millions, MS could get these things for cents a pop. It might just be wishful thinking, but it's what I'd like to see. PEACE.

USB or USB2?

It would be cool if it was USB2 and could use WMV for video comparable to iChat with H.264.

Well I am going from inside information that the plug jack on the bottom of the controller is where the headset unit will be attached, or for the possible 3rd party lap pleasuring device TBA later.. okay the last one is a lie.. But very possible it could have other uses as well.

Word had it that the original XBOX had 4 USB ports up front.. wait..
Are you guys sure they aren't going proprietary USB on this unit as well?
;)

Do I have this correct? Playing with a wireless controller but the headset you wear needs to be connected to the unit anyway...

How expensive is a wireless headset nowadays? Because if it is affordable, then this is still a moronic scenario.

PC-Engine said:
Is it just me or does this decoy actually look better than the real deal? :?

No, but I can't belive that they went to all the trouble to make a decoy for this. :LOL:

Honestly I thought it looks alright, not spectacular or anything, but its not ugly.

Well this is where I diverge I guess - as much as I'm left saying 'blah' with the leaked pics of the 360, I still prefer it to the military field equipment-styled decoy that was going around.

Remember when XNA was announced they said controllers could be used on PC OR Xbox2?

I'd say Xbox2 will have proper USB ports.

MechanizedDeath said:
USB is to plug into the USB ports on the 360 and PC apparently. I believe someone said a Rio MP3 player uses the same USB cable connector, so it's conceivable that it could transfer data AND power.

Yes, the Rio Riot uses a connector that looks very similar to that. The headphones also plug into that same spot on the Riot, so I wouldn't doubt it is used for the headset as well on 360.

Design looks naff, controllers also naff, why put the anologue sticks in them positions. As others said, its just a PC again with windows :LOL: .

PS2 looks 10 times better, would of thought Microsoft would of tried harder. Can only imagine what the PS3 will look like, lookign at teh new white PS2.

This console better be good other bye bye Microsoft just liek what happened to the dreamcast.

fossman said:
PS2 will look 10 times better, would of thought Microsoft would of tried harder.

The PS2 ;) already looks at least 10 times better:

ps201.jpg

The new ceramic white PSTwo ... drool. :p

Fredi

fossman said:
Design looks naff, controllers also naff, why put the anologue sticks in them positions. As others said, its just a PC again with windows :LOL: .

PS2 looks 10 times better, would of thought Microsoft would of tried harder. Can only imagine what the PS3 will look like, lookign at teh new white PS2.

This console better be good other bye bye Microsoft just liek what happened to the dreamcast.

Well done. One of the worst first posts I've ever seen on this forum.

Not really, just sayin they could have done better, the renders have a metal look them, lot more stylish. I know looks arent everything, but there are lot of people who do go by looks.

then you look at the front and that ugly grating pattern on the front (more pronouced on the orignal ps2)

fossman said:
Design looks naff, controllers also naff, why put the anologue sticks in them positions.
Because that is a better position for them, playing fps game on dual shock is pain in the ass. I'm sure Sony will change the layout for PS3.

Back