Full image of the xbox 360!

McFly

Veteran
1488407751772606.JPG

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000490042605/

Fredi

Its standing up , of course its going to look huge. The ps2 looked really big standing up too

It's too hard to judge size.

It looks an awful lot whiter than the original render..not sure if that's a good thing.

Note the camera/headset.

It's an okey design.

Sure it's better than the XB1 but that's not saying much. I think the bottom door thing ruins it. I am talking about the secret compartment door type thing below the round button.

Also the "circle of the light" placed in the most irrelevent place in the vast shape. Putting further to the side or dead center is better.

The original shot make it look like brushed aluminum, but this one looks like plantium colored plastic to me.

I give it a 7.

I don't actually have a ruler built into my eyes, but I think the Xbox360 looks to be a bit taller and wider (bottom and top) than the PS2.

After a longer look at it though, it also seems the controller is placed lower than the console itself which might add to the overal impression of the size. The drive might be a good indication thoiugh to make some good estimates.

Having said that and ignoring size: I really don't like the shape of this thing, neither the colour nor the black lines (drive, iR). I'm not sure when things went that white apart from Mac's but all my equipment is either silver or gold finish - not white. Not a very good start if you want to be in the center of the livingroom IMO. I edon't like it much, but maybe it's just an awkward picture.. :?

Ok, so its a love or hate it design. I'm sure once we see some games running on this thing, it won't be such a big deal anymore.

I think, it's even smaller than a PS2. Take a look at the DVD tray. It's more then half the system in length, whereas PS2 (the old one) is roughly 2 DVD drives in length.

PC-Engine said:
Well at least it will have replaceable faces for those who don't like the default design..like myself.

Oh, I completely agree with that. Of course, for Microsoft what all that means is big big margins on stuff like faceplates.

PC-Engine said:
Well at least it will have replaceable faces for those who don't like the default design..like myself.

For once I have to agree with you ... feels kinda scary. ;)

Fredi

PiNkY said:
I think, it's even smaller than a PS2. Take a look at the DVD tray. It's more then half the system in length, whereas PS2 (the old one) is roughly 2 DVD drives in length.

One thing to consider, though, is that the eject button is part of the 'black line' of the drive tray, and there is likely an equal amount of wasted space on the right portion of that section. Taking that into account, the drive tray would take approximately half of the total length, and put it pretty darn close to the length of a PS2.

yes, when you use the dvd drive for scale i don't think it's that big... akward angle makes it look bigger than it is i reckon.

this photo makes it appear more ipod type white - don't know what's been done to it other than enlargment and raising the levels, but the larger pic helps get a sense of perspective (for me at least ;))

12614410965.jpg

I agree with SenatorMonkey - if you look closely at the DVD drive, it seems that on the right edge of it there is a different texture/coloration than the rest - makes me believe that the actual 'tray' portion of the drive is a bit smaller than the black line in it's entirety.

i see that there is the eject button on the "left" side of the dvd drive, but i don't think there is any such wasted space on the right. even so we are talking about a cm or two here and there - i think it's safe to say it's notably smaller than the old xbox (but i'm betting somewhat heavier!)

Back